Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 356 users in the forums

Now that I have rewatched the game...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by rlott42:
Originally posted by 49Fever:
Yeah great posts
I see all of you are very optimistic
as i am for sure
11-5
division winner maybe SB champs
Go niners


wow, 42 posts in before this thread got retarded. must be a WZ record.

Good original post, informative and logical. Some may not agree and some will, but the post was full of information and had a constructive dialog.

Yes it was a good post but it did leave out some information. Information on this offensive philosophy as a whole. The short passes were blamed on play calling and OC along with the head coach's philosophy but the lack of big chunk plays gears more towards what the QB sees or doesn't see.

!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Woah....did you even read my post?

"The short passes were blamed on play calling and OC along with the head coach's philosophy but the lack of big chunk plays gears more towards what the QB sees or doesn't see."

WHAT!?! READ.

I said in my post that MJ called a very good game and that he was aggressive. At no point did I "BLAME" anyone for anything. I never even mentioned the Sing.

As for the lack of chunk plays, the Niners HAD chunk plays. The only thing I said was that sometimes you take the 1st read at 15 yards and not the second read at 30 yards. My point was not to listen to freakin' Collinsworth being critical of a 15 yeard play on 2nd and 10 because he didn't hit the guy open (maybe) for 30.

Alex was completing 15 to 20 yard passes all freakin night....not just in the 4th quarter.

Next time, before you tell someone what I said, be sure that YOU read what I said and don't speak for me.

You can't claim that the 15 yarder was the first read as I can't claim that Alex is more comfortable throwing in the middle of the field so that's why he looked there first.

There have been too many opportunities for TD's that are passed up. I'm not putting any words in your mouth. I'm just pointing out that you left out the fact that he is missing greater opportunities. You are also ignoring the fact that this was mentioned by Mike Johnson in the middle of last week that there were deep routes called and the fact that he said Alex is not playing well or needs to play better.

You have TV film to view whereas Collinsworth was viewing the entire field and pointed out WIDE OPEN players who were overlooked.

All I'm saying is that you can't claim what his first read was unless you know the entire play and considering Mike Johnson's quotes and what Collinsworth saw and what even the pregame crew said (all guys who have watched the coach's film) points to Alex is leaving plays on the field.

Now support this information with more stats (I posted last season) Alex has only played well when the score has been more than 8 points give or take. When it's less, Alex's rating drops drastically.

Put together ALL this information along with the entire performance this season of Alex Smith, and more points to him not making the correct play.
  • tn9er
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,893
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by rlott42:
Originally posted by 49Fever:
Yeah great posts
I see all of you are very optimistic
as i am for sure
11-5
division winner maybe SB champs
Go niners


wow, 42 posts in before this thread got retarded. must be a WZ record.

Good original post, informative and logical. Some may not agree and some will, but the post was full of information and had a constructive dialog.

Yes it was a good post but it did leave out some information. Information on this offensive philosophy as a whole. The short passes were blamed on play calling and OC along with the head coach's philosophy but the lack of big chunk plays gears more towards what the QB sees or doesn't see.

!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Woah....did you even read my post?

"The short passes were blamed on play calling and OC along with the head coach's philosophy but the lack of big chunk plays gears more towards what the QB sees or doesn't see."

WHAT!?! READ.

I said in my post that MJ called a very good game and that he was aggressive. At no point did I "BLAME" anyone for anything. I never even mentioned the Sing.

As for the lack of chunk plays, the Niners HAD chunk plays. The only thing I said was that sometimes you take the 1st read at 15 yards and not the second read at 30 yards. My point was not to listen to freakin' Collinsworth being critical of a 15 yeard play on 2nd and 10 because he didn't hit the guy open (maybe) for 30.

Alex was completing 15 to 20 yard passes all freakin night....not just in the 4th quarter.

Next time, before you tell someone what I said, be sure that YOU read what I said and don't speak for me.

But reading what you write gets in the way of his "Alex bashing".
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
  • Posts: 156,357
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by rlott42:
Originally posted by 49Fever:
Yeah great posts
I see all of you are very optimistic
as i am for sure
11-5
division winner maybe SB champs
Go niners


wow, 42 posts in before this thread got retarded. must be a WZ record.

Good original post, informative and logical. Some may not agree and some will, but the post was full of information and had a constructive dialog.

Yes it was a good post but it did leave out some information. Information on this offensive philosophy as a whole. The short passes were blamed on play calling and OC along with the head coach's philosophy but the lack of big chunk plays gears more towards what the QB sees or doesn't see.

!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Woah....did you even read my post?

"The short passes were blamed on play calling and OC along with the head coach's philosophy but the lack of big chunk plays gears more towards what the QB sees or doesn't see."

WHAT!?! READ.

I said in my post that MJ called a very good game and that he was aggressive. At no point did I "BLAME" anyone for anything. I never even mentioned the Sing.

As for the lack of chunk plays, the Niners HAD chunk plays. The only thing I said was that sometimes you take the 1st read at 15 yards and not the second read at 30 yards. My point was not to listen to freakin' Collinsworth being critical of a 15 yeard play on 2nd and 10 because he didn't hit the guy open (maybe) for 30.

Alex was completing 15 to 20 yard passes all freakin night....not just in the 4th quarter.

Next time, before you tell someone what I said, be sure that YOU read what I said and don't speak for me.

You can't claim that the 15 yarder was the first read as I can't claim that Alex is more comfortable throwing in the middle of the field so that's why he looked there first.

There have been too many opportunities for TD's that are passed up. I'm not putting any words in your mouth. I'm just pointing out that you left out the fact that he is missing greater opportunities. You are also ignoring the fact that this was mentioned by Mike Johnson in the middle of last week that there were deep routes called and the fact that he said Alex is not playing well or needs to play better.

You have TV film to view whereas Collinsworth was viewing the entire field and pointed out WIDE OPEN players who were overlooked.

All I'm saying is that you can't claim what his first read was unless you know the entire play and considering Mike Johnson's quotes and what Collinsworth saw and what even the pregame crew said (all guys who have watched the coach's film) points to Alex is leaving plays on the field.

Now support this information with more stats (I posted last season) Alex has only played well when the score has been more than 8 points give or take. When it's less, Alex's rating drops drastically.

Put together ALL this information along with the entire performance this season of Alex Smith, and more points to him not making the correct play.

you know what? f**k Chris Collinsworth! the guy hasn't said anything positive about the Niners since we kicked his ass in the Super Bowl. the guy is well known Niner hater and it's no surprise you haters would latch on to his every word and take as gospel.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by rlott42:
Originally posted by 49Fever:
Yeah great posts
I see all of you are very optimistic
as i am for sure
11-5
division winner maybe SB champs
Go niners


wow, 42 posts in before this thread got retarded. must be a WZ record.

Good original post, informative and logical. Some may not agree and some will, but the post was full of information and had a constructive dialog.

Yes it was a good post but it did leave out some information. Information on this offensive philosophy as a whole. The short passes were blamed on play calling and OC along with the head coach's philosophy but the lack of big chunk plays gears more towards what the QB sees or doesn't see.

!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Woah....did you even read my post?

"The short passes were blamed on play calling and OC along with the head coach's philosophy but the lack of big chunk plays gears more towards what the QB sees or doesn't see."

WHAT!?! READ.

I said in my post that MJ called a very good game and that he was aggressive. At no point did I "BLAME" anyone for anything. I never even mentioned the Sing.

As for the lack of chunk plays, the Niners HAD chunk plays. The only thing I said was that sometimes you take the 1st read at 15 yards and not the second read at 30 yards. My point was not to listen to freakin' Collinsworth being critical of a 15 yeard play on 2nd and 10 because he didn't hit the guy open (maybe) for 30.

Alex was completing 15 to 20 yard passes all freakin night....not just in the 4th quarter.

Next time, before you tell someone what I said, be sure that YOU read what I said and don't speak for me.

You can't claim that the 15 yarder was the first read as I can't claim that Alex is more comfortable throwing in the middle of the field so that's why he looked there first.

There have been too many opportunities for TD's that are passed up. I'm not putting any words in your mouth. I'm just pointing out that you left out the fact that he is missing greater opportunities. You are also ignoring the fact that this was mentioned by Mike Johnson in the middle of last week that there were deep routes called and the fact that he said Alex is not playing well or needs to play better.

You have TV film to view whereas Collinsworth was viewing the entire field and pointed out WIDE OPEN players who were overlooked.

All I'm saying is that you can't claim what his first read was unless you know the entire play and considering Mike Johnson's quotes and what Collinsworth saw and what even the pregame crew said (all guys who have watched the coach's film) points to Alex is leaving plays on the field.

Now support this information with more stats (I posted last season) Alex has only played well when the score has been more than 8 points give or take. When it's less, Alex's rating drops drastically.

Put together ALL this information along with the entire performance this season of Alex Smith, and more points to him not making the correct play.

Ya know whats funny? I listed FOUR things I took away from the game but the only one you can comment on is the one that defends Alex Smith. Moreover, you actually completely misrepresent what I said, and then when I call you on it, you don't even respond to the fact that I called you out on it.

When did I say that MJ didn't call longer passing plays? When did I say that Smith never checks down. I was referring to the ONE play in which Collinsworth was critical of Smith for throwing to Morgan and not Ginn. Alex never looked at Ginn because Morgan was Smith first read. Again...WATCH THE GAME.

Should Alex cut it loose more? Of course. I never said he shouldn't. Once again you are responding to me by saying I'm saying things I'm not.

Let me make this simple for you.

ALEX PLAYED A GOOD GAME OUTSIDE THE FUMBLE AND THE FIRST PICK. HE WAS COMPLETING "CHUNK" PLAYS EVEN ON 3RD AND ONE.

Please, respond to what I'm actually saying on not to what you THINK I'm saying.

[ Edited by Marvin49 on Oct 12, 2010 at 14:50:03 ]
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by rlott42:
Originally posted by 49Fever:
Yeah great posts
I see all of you are very optimistic
as i am for sure
11-5
division winner maybe SB champs
Go niners


wow, 42 posts in before this thread got retarded. must be a WZ record.

Good original post, informative and logical. Some may not agree and some will, but the post was full of information and had a constructive dialog.

Yes it was a good post but it did leave out some information. Information on this offensive philosophy as a whole. The short passes were blamed on play calling and OC along with the head coach's philosophy but the lack of big chunk plays gears more towards what the QB sees or doesn't see.

!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Woah....did you even read my post?

"The short passes were blamed on play calling and OC along with the head coach's philosophy but the lack of big chunk plays gears more towards what the QB sees or doesn't see."

WHAT!?! READ.

I said in my post that MJ called a very good game and that he was aggressive. At no point did I "BLAME" anyone for anything. I never even mentioned the Sing.

As for the lack of chunk plays, the Niners HAD chunk plays. The only thing I said was that sometimes you take the 1st read at 15 yards and not the second read at 30 yards. My point was not to listen to freakin' Collinsworth being critical of a 15 yeard play on 2nd and 10 because he didn't hit the guy open (maybe) for 30.

Alex was completing 15 to 20 yard passes all freakin night....not just in the 4th quarter.

Next time, before you tell someone what I said, be sure that YOU read what I said and don't speak for me.

You can't claim that the 15 yarder was the first read as I can't claim that Alex is more comfortable throwing in the middle of the field so that's why he looked there first.

There have been too many opportunities for TD's that are passed up. I'm not putting any words in your mouth. I'm just pointing out that you left out the fact that he is missing greater opportunities. You are also ignoring the fact that this was mentioned by Mike Johnson in the middle of last week that there were deep routes called and the fact that he said Alex is not playing well or needs to play better.

You have TV film to view whereas Collinsworth was viewing the entire field and pointed out WIDE OPEN players who were overlooked.

All I'm saying is that you can't claim what his first read was unless you know the entire play and considering Mike Johnson's quotes and what Collinsworth saw and what even the pregame crew said (all guys who have watched the coach's film) points to Alex is leaving plays on the field.

Now support this information with more stats (I posted last season) Alex has only played well when the score has been more than 8 points give or take. When it's less, Alex's rating drops drastically.

Put together ALL this information along with the entire performance this season of Alex Smith, and more points to him not making the correct play.

you know what? f**k Chris Collinsworth! the guy hasn't said anything positive about the Niners since we kicked his ass in the Super Bowl. the guy is well known Niner hater and it's no surprise you haters would latch on to his every word and take as gospel.

So include Mike Johnson, Dungy, John Madden, and Harrison in that hater list. There hasn't been anything positive to say these days because of one constant.

It must be Singletary's fault because he's exhausting all options before benching Alex Smith.

f**k turnovers!!! Let's all close our eyes and point out everything else wrong with the team except for the biggest difference since football was created in winning and losing games. All because Alex needs chances upon chances and we have a different player making dumb mistakes along with him every week. Just one week, Alex, stop making a mistake and maybe we can overcome a random mistake by another player...but no you have to do it week in and week out.

Of course, by Friday, I will be rooting for him 100%. I hate being a fan of crappy play.
  • tn9er
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,893
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by rlott42:
Originally posted by 49Fever:
Yeah great posts
I see all of you are very optimistic
as i am for sure
11-5
division winner maybe SB champs
Go niners


wow, 42 posts in before this thread got retarded. must be a WZ record.

Good original post, informative and logical. Some may not agree and some will, but the post was full of information and had a constructive dialog.

Yes it was a good post but it did leave out some information. Information on this offensive philosophy as a whole. The short passes were blamed on play calling and OC along with the head coach's philosophy but the lack of big chunk plays gears more towards what the QB sees or doesn't see.

!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Woah....did you even read my post?

"The short passes were blamed on play calling and OC along with the head coach's philosophy but the lack of big chunk plays gears more towards what the QB sees or doesn't see."

WHAT!?! READ.

I said in my post that MJ called a very good game and that he was aggressive. At no point did I "BLAME" anyone for anything. I never even mentioned the Sing.

As for the lack of chunk plays, the Niners HAD chunk plays. The only thing I said was that sometimes you take the 1st read at 15 yards and not the second read at 30 yards. My point was not to listen to freakin' Collinsworth being critical of a 15 yeard play on 2nd and 10 because he didn't hit the guy open (maybe) for 30.

Alex was completing 15 to 20 yard passes all freakin night....not just in the 4th quarter.

Next time, before you tell someone what I said, be sure that YOU read what I said and don't speak for me.

You can't claim that the 15 yarder was the first read as I can't claim that Alex is more comfortable throwing in the middle of the field so that's why he looked there first.

There have been too many opportunities for TD's that are passed up. I'm not putting any words in your mouth. I'm just pointing out that you left out the fact that he is missing greater opportunities. You are also ignoring the fact that this was mentioned by Mike Johnson in the middle of last week that there were deep routes called and the fact that he said Alex is not playing well or needs to play better.

You have TV film to view whereas Collinsworth was viewing the entire field and pointed out WIDE OPEN players who were overlooked.

All I'm saying is that you can't claim what his first read was unless you know the entire play and considering Mike Johnson's quotes and what Collinsworth saw and what even the pregame crew said (all guys who have watched the coach's film) points to Alex is leaving plays on the field.

Now support this information with more stats (I posted last season) Alex has only played well when the score has been more than 8 points give or take. When it's less, Alex's rating drops drastically.

Put together ALL this information along with the entire performance this season of Alex Smith, and more points to him not making the correct play.

Ya know whats funny? I listed FOUR things I took away from the game but the only one you can comment on is the one that defends Alex Smith. Moreover, you actually completely misrepresent what I said, and then when I call you on it, you don't even respond to the fact that I called you out on it.

When did I say that MJ didn't call longer passing plays? When did I say that Smith never checks down. I was referring to the ONE play in which Collinsworth was critical of Smith for throwing to Morgan and not Ginn. Alex never looked at Ginn because Morgan was Smith first read. Again...WATCH THE GAME.

Should Alex cut it loose more? Of course. I never said he shouldn't. Once again you are responding to me by saying I'm saying things I'm not.

Let me make this simple for you.

ALEX PLAYED A GOOD GAME OUTSIDE THE FUMBLE AND THE FIRST PICK. HE WAS COPMPLETING "CHUNK" PLAYS EVEN ON 3RD AND ONE.

Please, respond to what I'm actually saying on not to what you THINK I'm saying.

Joe Can't and Won't because that means he has to admit that Alex played a good game...
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by rlott42:
Originally posted by 49Fever:
Yeah great posts
I see all of you are very optimistic
as i am for sure
11-5
division winner maybe SB champs
Go niners


wow, 42 posts in before this thread got retarded. must be a WZ record.

Good original post, informative and logical. Some may not agree and some will, but the post was full of information and had a constructive dialog.

Yes it was a good post but it did leave out some information. Information on this offensive philosophy as a whole. The short passes were blamed on play calling and OC along with the head coach's philosophy but the lack of big chunk plays gears more towards what the QB sees or doesn't see.

!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Woah....did you even read my post?

"The short passes were blamed on play calling and OC along with the head coach's philosophy but the lack of big chunk plays gears more towards what the QB sees or doesn't see."

WHAT!?! READ.

I said in my post that MJ called a very good game and that he was aggressive. At no point did I "BLAME" anyone for anything. I never even mentioned the Sing.

As for the lack of chunk plays, the Niners HAD chunk plays. The only thing I said was that sometimes you take the 1st read at 15 yards and not the second read at 30 yards. My point was not to listen to freakin' Collinsworth being critical of a 15 yeard play on 2nd and 10 because he didn't hit the guy open (maybe) for 30.

Alex was completing 15 to 20 yard passes all freakin night....not just in the 4th quarter.

Next time, before you tell someone what I said, be sure that YOU read what I said and don't speak for me.

You can't claim that the 15 yarder was the first read as I can't claim that Alex is more comfortable throwing in the middle of the field so that's why he looked there first.

There have been too many opportunities for TD's that are passed up. I'm not putting any words in your mouth. I'm just pointing out that you left out the fact that he is missing greater opportunities. You are also ignoring the fact that this was mentioned by Mike Johnson in the middle of last week that there were deep routes called and the fact that he said Alex is not playing well or needs to play better.

You have TV film to view whereas Collinsworth was viewing the entire field and pointed out WIDE OPEN players who were overlooked.

All I'm saying is that you can't claim what his first read was unless you know the entire play and considering Mike Johnson's quotes and what Collinsworth saw and what even the pregame crew said (all guys who have watched the coach's film) points to Alex is leaving plays on the field.

Now support this information with more stats (I posted last season) Alex has only played well when the score has been more than 8 points give or take. When it's less, Alex's rating drops drastically.

Put together ALL this information along with the entire performance this season of Alex Smith, and more points to him not making the correct play.

Ya know whats funny? I listed FOUR things I took away from the game but the only one you can comment on is the one that defends Alex Smith. Moreover, you actually completely misrepresent what I said, and then when I call you on it, you don't even respond to the fact that I called you out on it.

When did I say that MJ didn't call longer passing plays? When did I say that Smith never checks down. I was referring to the ONE play in which Collinsworth was critical of Smith for throwing to Morgan and not Ginn. Alex never looked at Ginn because Morgan was Smith first read. Again...WATCH THE GAME.

Should Alex cut it loose more? Of course. I never said he shouldn't. Once again you are responding to me by saying I'm saying things I'm not.

Let me make this simple for you.

ALEX PLAYED A GOOD GAME OUTSIDE THE FUMBLE AND THE FIRST PICK. HE WAS COPMPLETING "CHUNK" PLAYS EVEN ON 3RD AND ONE.

Please, respond to what I'm actually saying on not to what you THINK I'm saying.

I used the Mike Johnson comment as a valid reference that would point more towards Morgan not being Alex's first read. You are basing that on assumption and I'm supplying evidence, Johnson's and everyone's comment on Smith that it probably wasn't Smith's first read or that he should have saw the play open up deep.

You listed four things but unless our defense completely collapses as in the KC game, those don't matter unless we fix a bigger issue.

I'm sorry but Alex did not play good. He played inconsistent and that is not good.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by rlott42:
Originally posted by 49Fever:
Yeah great posts
I see all of you are very optimistic
as i am for sure
11-5
division winner maybe SB champs
Go niners


wow, 42 posts in before this thread got retarded. must be a WZ record.

Good original post, informative and logical. Some may not agree and some will, but the post was full of information and had a constructive dialog.

Yes it was a good post but it did leave out some information. Information on this offensive philosophy as a whole. The short passes were blamed on play calling and OC along with the head coach's philosophy but the lack of big chunk plays gears more towards what the QB sees or doesn't see.

!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Woah....did you even read my post?

"The short passes were blamed on play calling and OC along with the head coach's philosophy but the lack of big chunk plays gears more towards what the QB sees or doesn't see."

WHAT!?! READ.

I said in my post that MJ called a very good game and that he was aggressive. At no point did I "BLAME" anyone for anything. I never even mentioned the Sing.

As for the lack of chunk plays, the Niners HAD chunk plays. The only thing I said was that sometimes you take the 1st read at 15 yards and not the second read at 30 yards. My point was not to listen to freakin' Collinsworth being critical of a 15 yeard play on 2nd and 10 because he didn't hit the guy open (maybe) for 30.

Alex was completing 15 to 20 yard passes all freakin night....not just in the 4th quarter.

Next time, before you tell someone what I said, be sure that YOU read what I said and don't speak for me.

You can't claim that the 15 yarder was the first read as I can't claim that Alex is more comfortable throwing in the middle of the field so that's why he looked there first.

There have been too many opportunities for TD's that are passed up. I'm not putting any words in your mouth. I'm just pointing out that you left out the fact that he is missing greater opportunities. You are also ignoring the fact that this was mentioned by Mike Johnson in the middle of last week that there were deep routes called and the fact that he said Alex is not playing well or needs to play better.

You have TV film to view whereas Collinsworth was viewing the entire field and pointed out WIDE OPEN players who were overlooked.

All I'm saying is that you can't claim what his first read was unless you know the entire play and considering Mike Johnson's quotes and what Collinsworth saw and what even the pregame crew said (all guys who have watched the coach's film) points to Alex is leaving plays on the field.

Now support this information with more stats (I posted last season) Alex has only played well when the score has been more than 8 points give or take. When it's less, Alex's rating drops drastically.

Put together ALL this information along with the entire performance this season of Alex Smith, and more points to him not making the correct play.

you know what? f**k Chris Collinsworth! the guy hasn't said anything positive about the Niners since we kicked his ass in the Super Bowl. the guy is well known Niner hater and it's no surprise you haters would latch on to his every word and take as gospel.

So include Mike Johnson, Dungy, John Madden, and Harrison in that hater list. There hasn't been anything positive to say these days because of one constant.

It must be Singletary's fault because he's exhausting all options before benching Alex Smith.

f**k turnovers!!! Let's all close our eyes and point out everything else wrong with the team except for the biggest difference since football was created in winning and losing games. All because Alex needs chances upon chances and we have a different player making dumb mistakes along with him every week. Just one week, Alex, stop making a mistake and maybe we can overcome a random mistake by another player...but no you have to do it week in and week out.

Of course, by Friday, I will be rooting for him 100%. I hate being a fan of crappy play.

#1) Mike Johnson isn't a hater....you just misrepresented what he said the same way you misrepresented what I did.

The other guys aren't haters either, they are ANNOUNCERS. I remember when the most announcers thought the 49ers would never win a Super Bowl with Steve Young at QB. They are paid to have an opinion. They are paid to say something.

Don't even get me started on Harrison. He was an idiot as a player and is still an idiot on TV.

These are guys who watch the players for only a few hours to get ready for TV and then stop paying attention. I hear it every week....someone on TV saying something completely moronic trying to be funny with no understanding of what they are talking about.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by rlott42:
Originally posted by 49Fever:
Yeah great posts
I see all of you are very optimistic
as i am for sure
11-5
division winner maybe SB champs
Go niners


wow, 42 posts in before this thread got retarded. must be a WZ record.

Good original post, informative and logical. Some may not agree and some will, but the post was full of information and had a constructive dialog.

Yes it was a good post but it did leave out some information. Information on this offensive philosophy as a whole. The short passes were blamed on play calling and OC along with the head coach's philosophy but the lack of big chunk plays gears more towards what the QB sees or doesn't see.

!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Woah....did you even read my post?

"The short passes were blamed on play calling and OC along with the head coach's philosophy but the lack of big chunk plays gears more towards what the QB sees or doesn't see."

WHAT!?! READ.

I said in my post that MJ called a very good game and that he was aggressive. At no point did I "BLAME" anyone for anything. I never even mentioned the Sing.

As for the lack of chunk plays, the Niners HAD chunk plays. The only thing I said was that sometimes you take the 1st read at 15 yards and not the second read at 30 yards. My point was not to listen to freakin' Collinsworth being critical of a 15 yeard play on 2nd and 10 because he didn't hit the guy open (maybe) for 30.

Alex was completing 15 to 20 yard passes all freakin night....not just in the 4th quarter.

Next time, before you tell someone what I said, be sure that YOU read what I said and don't speak for me.

You can't claim that the 15 yarder was the first read as I can't claim that Alex is more comfortable throwing in the middle of the field so that's why he looked there first.

There have been too many opportunities for TD's that are passed up. I'm not putting any words in your mouth. I'm just pointing out that you left out the fact that he is missing greater opportunities. You are also ignoring the fact that this was mentioned by Mike Johnson in the middle of last week that there were deep routes called and the fact that he said Alex is not playing well or needs to play better.

You have TV film to view whereas Collinsworth was viewing the entire field and pointed out WIDE OPEN players who were overlooked.

All I'm saying is that you can't claim what his first read was unless you know the entire play and considering Mike Johnson's quotes and what Collinsworth saw and what even the pregame crew said (all guys who have watched the coach's film) points to Alex is leaving plays on the field.

Now support this information with more stats (I posted last season) Alex has only played well when the score has been more than 8 points give or take. When it's less, Alex's rating drops drastically.

Put together ALL this information along with the entire performance this season of Alex Smith, and more points to him not making the correct play.

Ya know whats funny? I listed FOUR things I took away from the game but the only one you can comment on is the one that defends Alex Smith. Moreover, you actually completely misrepresent what I said, and then when I call you on it, you don't even respond to the fact that I called you out on it.

When did I say that MJ didn't call longer passing plays? When did I say that Smith never checks down. I was referring to the ONE play in which Collinsworth was critical of Smith for throwing to Morgan and not Ginn. Alex never looked at Ginn because Morgan was Smith first read. Again...WATCH THE GAME.

Should Alex cut it loose more? Of course. I never said he shouldn't. Once again you are responding to me by saying I'm saying things I'm not.

Let me make this simple for you.

ALEX PLAYED A GOOD GAME OUTSIDE THE FUMBLE AND THE FIRST PICK. HE WAS COPMPLETING "CHUNK" PLAYS EVEN ON 3RD AND ONE.

Please, respond to what I'm actually saying on not to what you THINK I'm saying.

I used the Mike Johnson comment as a valid reference that would point more towards Morgan not being Alex's first read. You are basing that on assumption and I'm supplying evidence, Johnson's and everyone's comment on Smith that it probably wasn't Smith's first read or that he should have saw the play open up deep.

You listed four things but unless our defense completely collapses as in the KC game, those don't matter unless we fix a bigger issue.

I'm sorry but Alex did not play good. He played inconsistent and that is not good.

My point was that #2 on my list was that MJ called a good game, yet you said that I...

"The short passes were blamed on play calling and OC along with the head coach's philosophy but the lack of big chunk plays gears more towards what the QB sees or doesn't see."

Nice.

I give up....you can think what you want. I'm done trying to convince you. If you don't like a guy, nothing anyone says will change their minds.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by rlott42:
Originally posted by 49Fever:
Yeah great posts
I see all of you are very optimistic
as i am for sure
11-5
division winner maybe SB champs
Go niners


wow, 42 posts in before this thread got retarded. must be a WZ record.

Good original post, informative and logical. Some may not agree and some will, but the post was full of information and had a constructive dialog.

Yes it was a good post but it did leave out some information. Information on this offensive philosophy as a whole. The short passes were blamed on play calling and OC along with the head coach's philosophy but the lack of big chunk plays gears more towards what the QB sees or doesn't see.

!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Woah....did you even read my post?

"The short passes were blamed on play calling and OC along with the head coach's philosophy but the lack of big chunk plays gears more towards what the QB sees or doesn't see."

WHAT!?! READ.

I said in my post that MJ called a very good game and that he was aggressive. At no point did I "BLAME" anyone for anything. I never even mentioned the Sing.

As for the lack of chunk plays, the Niners HAD chunk plays. The only thing I said was that sometimes you take the 1st read at 15 yards and not the second read at 30 yards. My point was not to listen to freakin' Collinsworth being critical of a 15 yeard play on 2nd and 10 because he didn't hit the guy open (maybe) for 30.

Alex was completing 15 to 20 yard passes all freakin night....not just in the 4th quarter.

Next time, before you tell someone what I said, be sure that YOU read what I said and don't speak for me.

You can't claim that the 15 yarder was the first read as I can't claim that Alex is more comfortable throwing in the middle of the field so that's why he looked there first.

There have been too many opportunities for TD's that are passed up. I'm not putting any words in your mouth. I'm just pointing out that you left out the fact that he is missing greater opportunities. You are also ignoring the fact that this was mentioned by Mike Johnson in the middle of last week that there were deep routes called and the fact that he said Alex is not playing well or needs to play better.

You have TV film to view whereas Collinsworth was viewing the entire field and pointed out WIDE OPEN players who were overlooked.

All I'm saying is that you can't claim what his first read was unless you know the entire play and considering Mike Johnson's quotes and what Collinsworth saw and what even the pregame crew said (all guys who have watched the coach's film) points to Alex is leaving plays on the field.

Now support this information with more stats (I posted last season) Alex has only played well when the score has been more than 8 points give or take. When it's less, Alex's rating drops drastically.

Put together ALL this information along with the entire performance this season of Alex Smith, and more points to him not making the correct play.

you know what? f**k Chris Collinsworth! the guy hasn't said anything positive about the Niners since we kicked his ass in the Super Bowl. the guy is well known Niner hater and it's no surprise you haters would latch on to his every word and take as gospel.

So include Mike Johnson, Dungy, John Madden, and Harrison in that hater list. There hasn't been anything positive to say these days because of one constant.

It must be Singletary's fault because he's exhausting all options before benching Alex Smith.

f**k turnovers!!! Let's all close our eyes and point out everything else wrong with the team except for the biggest difference since football was created in winning and losing games. All because Alex needs chances upon chances and we have a different player making dumb mistakes along with him every week. Just one week, Alex, stop making a mistake and maybe we can overcome a random mistake by another player...but no you have to do it week in and week out.

Of course, by Friday, I will be rooting for him 100%. I hate being a fan of crappy play.

#1) Mike Johnson isn't a hater....you just misrepresented what he said the same way you misrepresented what I did.

The other guys aren't haters either, they are ANNOUNCERS. I remember when the most announcers thought the 49ers would never win a Super Bowl with Steve Young at QB. They are paid to have an opinion. They are paid to say something.

Don't even get me started on Harrison. He was an idiot as a player and is still an idiot on TV.

These are guys who watch the players for only a few hours to get ready for TV and then stop paying attention. I hear it every week....someone on TV saying something completely moronic trying to be funny with no understanding of what they are talking about.



And they have been right about this team. Harrison was a very smart player and understood the game. He actually called it prior to the game, Alex Smith won't beat you, he will make mistakes. How you discredit him, I don't know. Chris Collinsworth wasn't bashing the Niners, he was pointing out things Alex Smith was missing. He was actually giving a lot of credit to Crabtree and Gore. He called it professionally.

How did I misrepresent Johnson? I just don't think you can base any opinion about WR's or QB's by rewatching the game. Yes, you can get some things here and there but I would rather go off of people who watched the entire field. We as Niners fans want to see the good parts and accentuate those and undervalue the mistakes. I wear homer glasses also but you cannot deny a trend that has not stopped.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by rlott42:
Originally posted by 49Fever:
Yeah great posts
I see all of you are very optimistic
as i am for sure
11-5
division winner maybe SB champs
Go niners


wow, 42 posts in before this thread got retarded. must be a WZ record.

Good original post, informative and logical. Some may not agree and some will, but the post was full of information and had a constructive dialog.

Yes it was a good post but it did leave out some information. Information on this offensive philosophy as a whole. The short passes were blamed on play calling and OC along with the head coach's philosophy but the lack of big chunk plays gears more towards what the QB sees or doesn't see.

!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Woah....did you even read my post?

"The short passes were blamed on play calling and OC along with the head coach's philosophy but the lack of big chunk plays gears more towards what the QB sees or doesn't see."

WHAT!?! READ.

I said in my post that MJ called a very good game and that he was aggressive. At no point did I "BLAME" anyone for anything. I never even mentioned the Sing.

As for the lack of chunk plays, the Niners HAD chunk plays. The only thing I said was that sometimes you take the 1st read at 15 yards and not the second read at 30 yards. My point was not to listen to freakin' Collinsworth being critical of a 15 yeard play on 2nd and 10 because he didn't hit the guy open (maybe) for 30.

Alex was completing 15 to 20 yard passes all freakin night....not just in the 4th quarter.

Next time, before you tell someone what I said, be sure that YOU read what I said and don't speak for me.

You can't claim that the 15 yarder was the first read as I can't claim that Alex is more comfortable throwing in the middle of the field so that's why he looked there first.

There have been too many opportunities for TD's that are passed up. I'm not putting any words in your mouth. I'm just pointing out that you left out the fact that he is missing greater opportunities. You are also ignoring the fact that this was mentioned by Mike Johnson in the middle of last week that there were deep routes called and the fact that he said Alex is not playing well or needs to play better.

You have TV film to view whereas Collinsworth was viewing the entire field and pointed out WIDE OPEN players who were overlooked.

All I'm saying is that you can't claim what his first read was unless you know the entire play and considering Mike Johnson's quotes and what Collinsworth saw and what even the pregame crew said (all guys who have watched the coach's film) points to Alex is leaving plays on the field.

Now support this information with more stats (I posted last season) Alex has only played well when the score has been more than 8 points give or take. When it's less, Alex's rating drops drastically.

Put together ALL this information along with the entire performance this season of Alex Smith, and more points to him not making the correct play.

Ya know whats funny? I listed FOUR things I took away from the game but the only one you can comment on is the one that defends Alex Smith. Moreover, you actually completely misrepresent what I said, and then when I call you on it, you don't even respond to the fact that I called you out on it.

When did I say that MJ didn't call longer passing plays? When did I say that Smith never checks down. I was referring to the ONE play in which Collinsworth was critical of Smith for throwing to Morgan and not Ginn. Alex never looked at Ginn because Morgan was Smith first read. Again...WATCH THE GAME.

Should Alex cut it loose more? Of course. I never said he shouldn't. Once again you are responding to me by saying I'm saying things I'm not.

Let me make this simple for you.

ALEX PLAYED A GOOD GAME OUTSIDE THE FUMBLE AND THE FIRST PICK. HE WAS COPMPLETING "CHUNK" PLAYS EVEN ON 3RD AND ONE.

Please, respond to what I'm actually saying on not to what you THINK I'm saying.

I used the Mike Johnson comment as a valid reference that would point more towards Morgan not being Alex's first read. You are basing that on assumption and I'm supplying evidence, Johnson's and everyone's comment on Smith that it probably wasn't Smith's first read or that he should have saw the play open up deep.

You listed four things but unless our defense completely collapses as in the KC game, those don't matter unless we fix a bigger issue.

I'm sorry but Alex did not play good. He played inconsistent and that is not good.

My point was that #2 on my list was that MJ called a good game, yet you said that I...

"The short passes were blamed on play calling and OC along with the head coach's philosophy but the lack of big chunk plays gears more towards what the QB sees or doesn't see."

Nice.

I give up....you can think what you want. I'm done trying to convince you. If you don't like a guy, nothing anyone says will change their minds.

No, I said that most of the folks on here think that the playcalling is to blame, but it's not true according to your review. I agreed with you on that. I just went further in saying that Alex still needs to see the field better and you left that part out and it's a big part in getting more TD's or only getting a first down.
Originally posted by tn9er:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by rlott42:
Originally posted by 49Fever:
Yeah great posts
I see all of you are very optimistic
as i am for sure
11-5
division winner maybe SB champs
Go niners


wow, 42 posts in before this thread got retarded. must be a WZ record.

Good original post, informative and logical. Some may not agree and some will, but the post was full of information and had a constructive dialog.

Yes it was a good post but it did leave out some information. Information on this offensive philosophy as a whole. The short passes were blamed on play calling and OC along with the head coach's philosophy but the lack of big chunk plays gears more towards what the QB sees or doesn't see.

!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Woah....did you even read my post?

"The short passes were blamed on play calling and OC along with the head coach's philosophy but the lack of big chunk plays gears more towards what the QB sees or doesn't see."

WHAT!?! READ.

I said in my post that MJ called a very good game and that he was aggressive. At no point did I "BLAME" anyone for anything. I never even mentioned the Sing.

As for the lack of chunk plays, the Niners HAD chunk plays. The only thing I said was that sometimes you take the 1st read at 15 yards and not the second read at 30 yards. My point was not to listen to freakin' Collinsworth being critical of a 15 yeard play on 2nd and 10 because he didn't hit the guy open (maybe) for 30.

Alex was completing 15 to 20 yard passes all freakin night....not just in the 4th quarter.

Next time, before you tell someone what I said, be sure that YOU read what I said and don't speak for me.

You can't claim that the 15 yarder was the first read as I can't claim that Alex is more comfortable throwing in the middle of the field so that's why he looked there first.

There have been too many opportunities for TD's that are passed up. I'm not putting any words in your mouth. I'm just pointing out that you left out the fact that he is missing greater opportunities. You are also ignoring the fact that this was mentioned by Mike Johnson in the middle of last week that there were deep routes called and the fact that he said Alex is not playing well or needs to play better.

You have TV film to view whereas Collinsworth was viewing the entire field and pointed out WIDE OPEN players who were overlooked.

All I'm saying is that you can't claim what his first read was unless you know the entire play and considering Mike Johnson's quotes and what Collinsworth saw and what even the pregame crew said (all guys who have watched the coach's film) points to Alex is leaving plays on the field.

Now support this information with more stats (I posted last season) Alex has only played well when the score has been more than 8 points give or take. When it's less, Alex's rating drops drastically.

Put together ALL this information along with the entire performance this season of Alex Smith, and more points to him not making the correct play.

Ya know whats funny? I listed FOUR things I took away from the game but the only one you can comment on is the one that defends Alex Smith. Moreover, you actually completely misrepresent what I said, and then when I call you on it, you don't even respond to the fact that I called you out on it.

When did I say that MJ didn't call longer passing plays? When did I say that Smith never checks down. I was referring to the ONE play in which Collinsworth was critical of Smith for throwing to Morgan and not Ginn. Alex never looked at Ginn because Morgan was Smith first read. Again...WATCH THE GAME.

Should Alex cut it loose more? Of course. I never said he shouldn't. Once again you are responding to me by saying I'm saying things I'm not.

Let me make this simple for you.

ALEX PLAYED A GOOD GAME OUTSIDE THE FUMBLE AND THE FIRST PICK. HE WAS COPMPLETING "CHUNK" PLAYS EVEN ON 3RD AND ONE.

Please, respond to what I'm actually saying on not to what you THINK I'm saying.

Joe Can't and Won't because that means he has to admit that Alex played a good game...

No, he didn't have a good game. He had an inconsistent game.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by rlott42:
Originally posted by 49Fever:
Yeah great posts
I see all of you are very optimistic
as i am for sure
11-5
division winner maybe SB champs
Go niners


wow, 42 posts in before this thread got retarded. must be a WZ record.

Good original post, informative and logical. Some may not agree and some will, but the post was full of information and had a constructive dialog.

Yes it was a good post but it did leave out some information. Information on this offensive philosophy as a whole. The short passes were blamed on play calling and OC along with the head coach's philosophy but the lack of big chunk plays gears more towards what the QB sees or doesn't see.

!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Woah....did you even read my post?

"The short passes were blamed on play calling and OC along with the head coach's philosophy but the lack of big chunk plays gears more towards what the QB sees or doesn't see."

WHAT!?! READ.

I said in my post that MJ called a very good game and that he was aggressive. At no point did I "BLAME" anyone for anything. I never even mentioned the Sing.

As for the lack of chunk plays, the Niners HAD chunk plays. The only thing I said was that sometimes you take the 1st read at 15 yards and not the second read at 30 yards. My point was not to listen to freakin' Collinsworth being critical of a 15 yeard play on 2nd and 10 because he didn't hit the guy open (maybe) for 30.

Alex was completing 15 to 20 yard passes all freakin night....not just in the 4th quarter.

Next time, before you tell someone what I said, be sure that YOU read what I said and don't speak for me.

You can't claim that the 15 yarder was the first read as I can't claim that Alex is more comfortable throwing in the middle of the field so that's why he looked there first.

There have been too many opportunities for TD's that are passed up. I'm not putting any words in your mouth. I'm just pointing out that you left out the fact that he is missing greater opportunities. You are also ignoring the fact that this was mentioned by Mike Johnson in the middle of last week that there were deep routes called and the fact that he said Alex is not playing well or needs to play better.

You have TV film to view whereas Collinsworth was viewing the entire field and pointed out WIDE OPEN players who were overlooked.

All I'm saying is that you can't claim what his first read was unless you know the entire play and considering Mike Johnson's quotes and what Collinsworth saw and what even the pregame crew said (all guys who have watched the coach's film) points to Alex is leaving plays on the field.

Now support this information with more stats (I posted last season) Alex has only played well when the score has been more than 8 points give or take. When it's less, Alex's rating drops drastically.

Put together ALL this information along with the entire performance this season of Alex Smith, and more points to him not making the correct play.

you know what? f**k Chris Collinsworth! the guy hasn't said anything positive about the Niners since we kicked his ass in the Super Bowl. the guy is well known Niner hater and it's no surprise you haters would latch on to his every word and take as gospel.

So include Mike Johnson, Dungy, John Madden, and Harrison in that hater list. There hasn't been anything positive to say these days because of one constant.

It must be Singletary's fault because he's exhausting all options before benching Alex Smith.

f**k turnovers!!! Let's all close our eyes and point out everything else wrong with the team except for the biggest difference since football was created in winning and losing games. All because Alex needs chances upon chances and we have a different player making dumb mistakes along with him every week. Just one week, Alex, stop making a mistake and maybe we can overcome a random mistake by another player...but no you have to do it week in and week out.

Of course, by Friday, I will be rooting for him 100%. I hate being a fan of crappy play.

#1) Mike Johnson isn't a hater....you just misrepresented what he said the same way you misrepresented what I did.

The other guys aren't haters either, they are ANNOUNCERS. I remember when the most announcers thought the 49ers would never win a Super Bowl with Steve Young at QB. They are paid to have an opinion. They are paid to say something.

Don't even get me started on Harrison. He was an idiot as a player and is still an idiot on TV.

These are guys who watch the players for only a few hours to get ready for TV and then stop paying attention. I hear it every week....someone on TV saying something completely moronic trying to be funny with no understanding of what they are talking about.



And they have been right about this team. Harrison was a very smart player and understood the game. He actually called it prior to the game, Alex Smith won't beat you, he will make mistakes. How you discredit him, I don't know. Chris Collinsworth wasn't bashing the Niners, he was pointing out things Alex Smith was missing. He was actually giving a lot of credit to Crabtree and Gore. He called it professionally.

How did I misrepresent Johnson? I just don't think you can base any opinion about WR's or QB's by rewatching the game. Yes, you can get some things here and there but I would rather go off of people who watched the entire field. We as Niners fans want to see the good parts and accentuate those and undervalue the mistakes. I wear homer glasses also but you cannot deny a trend that has not stopped.

Your interpretation of what MJ said was that the Long Passes were called and that Smith incorrectly checked out of them to shorter routes. Thats not what he said.

He said that he called long passes but that the coverage dictated a shorter throw.

Again...I dunno why I'm arguing with you anymore. Its pointless. I'm not changing my mind, your not changing yours. Moving on...

Peace.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by tn9er:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by rlott42:
Originally posted by 49Fever:
Yeah great posts
I see all of you are very optimistic
as i am for sure
11-5
division winner maybe SB champs
Go niners


wow, 42 posts in before this thread got retarded. must be a WZ record.

Good original post, informative and logical. Some may not agree and some will, but the post was full of information and had a constructive dialog.

Yes it was a good post but it did leave out some information. Information on this offensive philosophy as a whole. The short passes were blamed on play calling and OC along with the head coach's philosophy but the lack of big chunk plays gears more towards what the QB sees or doesn't see.

!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Woah....did you even read my post?

"The short passes were blamed on play calling and OC along with the head coach's philosophy but the lack of big chunk plays gears more towards what the QB sees or doesn't see."

WHAT!?! READ.

I said in my post that MJ called a very good game and that he was aggressive. At no point did I "BLAME" anyone for anything. I never even mentioned the Sing.

As for the lack of chunk plays, the Niners HAD chunk plays. The only thing I said was that sometimes you take the 1st read at 15 yards and not the second read at 30 yards. My point was not to listen to freakin' Collinsworth being critical of a 15 yeard play on 2nd and 10 because he didn't hit the guy open (maybe) for 30.

Alex was completing 15 to 20 yard passes all freakin night....not just in the 4th quarter.

Next time, before you tell someone what I said, be sure that YOU read what I said and don't speak for me.

You can't claim that the 15 yarder was the first read as I can't claim that Alex is more comfortable throwing in the middle of the field so that's why he looked there first.

There have been too many opportunities for TD's that are passed up. I'm not putting any words in your mouth. I'm just pointing out that you left out the fact that he is missing greater opportunities. You are also ignoring the fact that this was mentioned by Mike Johnson in the middle of last week that there were deep routes called and the fact that he said Alex is not playing well or needs to play better.

You have TV film to view whereas Collinsworth was viewing the entire field and pointed out WIDE OPEN players who were overlooked.

All I'm saying is that you can't claim what his first read was unless you know the entire play and considering Mike Johnson's quotes and what Collinsworth saw and what even the pregame crew said (all guys who have watched the coach's film) points to Alex is leaving plays on the field.

Now support this information with more stats (I posted last season) Alex has only played well when the score has been more than 8 points give or take. When it's less, Alex's rating drops drastically.

Put together ALL this information along with the entire performance this season of Alex Smith, and more points to him not making the correct play.

Ya know whats funny? I listed FOUR things I took away from the game but the only one you can comment on is the one that defends Alex Smith. Moreover, you actually completely misrepresent what I said, and then when I call you on it, you don't even respond to the fact that I called you out on it.

When did I say that MJ didn't call longer passing plays? When did I say that Smith never checks down. I was referring to the ONE play in which Collinsworth was critical of Smith for throwing to Morgan and not Ginn. Alex never looked at Ginn because Morgan was Smith first read. Again...WATCH THE GAME.

Should Alex cut it loose more? Of course. I never said he shouldn't. Once again you are responding to me by saying I'm saying things I'm not.

Let me make this simple for you.

ALEX PLAYED A GOOD GAME OUTSIDE THE FUMBLE AND THE FIRST PICK. HE WAS COPMPLETING "CHUNK" PLAYS EVEN ON 3RD AND ONE.

Please, respond to what I'm actually saying on not to what you THINK I'm saying.

Joe Can't and Won't because that means he has to admit that Alex played a good game...

No, he didn't have a good game. He had an inconsistent game.

True, his play was indeed inconsistent. But to be honest most quarterbacks have inconsistent play on any given day. It is rare that a quarterback will make perfect reads and perfect passes 100% of the time in any game. That's why when a team loses, it's pretty easy to show what the quarterback did wrong, and when it wins, it's also pretty easy to show what the quarterback did right.

I'm not defending Alex Smith here, as no doubt he continues to make too many mistakes every week, but I think that what analysts say is usually dependent on how the team performs and whether they win or lose. I guarantee you that had the Niners won the game, then analysts would have pointed out, with evidence, how great Alex Smith played.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Ya know, its amazing what can happen when you rewatch a game and alot of the tension is removed. You see things quite a bit differently. I think you end up seeing things the way fans of other teams see them.

Anyway....many things stood out.

1) The play of Alex Smith
2) The playcalling of Mike Johnson
3) The Play of Michael Crabtree
4) The problems on D.

1) Alex: This is well covered territory and I know I'm not breaking any ground here, but I watched him very closely when I watched the game again. I know this won't be popular, but he actually played pretty damn well even before the argument with Singletary.

I was on the verge of calling for the Yorks to blow the team up and waive goodbye to Alex, but now I'm not so sure.

He made 2 mistakes. One was the INT on the deep pass to Ginn. Ya, it wasn't a great pass, but those things are low % throws so I can't blame him for taking the shot we have been wanting him to take all season. It would also help if Ginn made more of an effort on the ball, but it was still not a great throw and was Alex's fault. The theres the fumble. No excuse. Horrible. He'd be the first to tell you that. That simply can't happen. Period. The final INT of the game tho was really Anthony Davis fault. If you watch, Alex makes the decision to throw the ball BEFORE the DE breaks free of Davis. Alex didn't have a chance.

Other than that tho....he looked GOOD. I mean REALLY good. If you don't believe me, watch the game again. The drives that stalled did so because of turnovers. The Niners punted only ONCE until there were 5 minutes left in the THIRD quarter. Alex was hitting passes on third down. He was hitting passes for 15 and 20 yards, so they weren't just checkdowns. He was hitting Crabtree, Ginn, Davis, Morgan, Gore....he was getting EVERYONE involved. He hit Ginn for almost 20 yards on a 3rd and ONE. He hit Davis for about 25 yards on 3rd and 15.

After the confrontation with Sing, he was even better.

Smith is everyones favorite scapegoat. To be fair he has at times made it easy to scapegoat him. Sunday tho....he played pretty damn well. If you don't believe me, watch the game again.



2) Johnson: I was reading yesterday that there were peeps here who were critical of MJs playcalling. WATCH THE GAME AGAIN. He was AGGRESSIVE. The Niners punted ONCE until 5 min left in the 3rd quarter and only punted 3 times in the entire game. One of those punts came after three consecutive incomplete passes. EVERY SINGLE ONE of the turnovers happened on a drive in which the 49ers had gotten a first down. They were moving the ball. The second Gore fumble was after back to back playes of 25 yards (pass to Davis) and 17 yards (run by Gore).

After watching this game again, I am not concerned at all about the playcalling.


3) Crabtree: Crabtree started to look like the guy who played at Texas Tech. The attribute of his game that has been missing so far is his run-after-catch ability. He showed it on some nifty plays down the sideline. He also ran a great route and made a great catch on his TD. What strikes me the most tho are the length of his arms. LOL. Serously...he looks like a freak. Watch him when he puts his arms up after scoring the TD...I swear to got he could fly with those things...lol.


4) The D: This is the one that concerns me. They to often find themselves out of position and have a reciever running through the secondary with nobody within 5-10 yards of them. Kolb looked good, but when a guy is that open, its pretty hard to miss them. The run D has also been showing some cracks of late. Some have said that WIllis may be hurt, but I don't think thats it. I think he's getting covered up by lionemen more than in the past. He hasn't been able to run free. I dunno if thats something offenses are doing or if its the D not protecting him. I just hope they fix it.

I'm also concerned about Mays. Its not that he played poorly. He just seems a step slow right now (although he caused the fumble that the Eagles recovered). Its not about his potential...I'm just not sure he was ready to play. We'll see and I hope he proves me wrong.

Thought I'd help you get this train wreck back on point and bring the OP back in to play. Funny how every thread gets turned into the great Smitty debate. Nice OP btw, couldn't agree more.

You eluded to the defensive line possibly not keeping the middle linebackers clean enough to do their jobs and I was wondering what your take is on Franklin's play 2 nights ago. I never had the opportunity to re-watch the game, but I remember thinking more than a few times that night that the Eagles linemen were getting movement up the middle and hitting the second level way too easily. That run before the 1st half ended was prime example as I remember it, but their were definitely more instances than that 1 time I thought.

Our pass defense is what it is, but if we can't stop the run like we did last year then our bend but don't break thing is really pointless.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone