LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 296 users in the forums

Any chance Sing lit a fire under Smith ala TE Davis?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • EdEs
  • Veteran
Title says it all. It would have been great if we would have won. Im not sure that we will win 6 games this season but I sure hope so. Davis was inconsistent until Sing straightened him out by kicking him off the field. Any chance that Sing straightened out Smith by barking at him on the sideline? I guess im scurrying for any piece of hope. Zone what do you think?
Sing didn't do it. The fans did.
maybe, its amazing what some people can do when they are straight pissed off.
the fans, and reportedly Vernon Davis! When singletary told him to sit his ass down, Vernon told him to get his ass out there!
hell yeah. Lets just give Sing 19 more years, at one player motivated per year, a Super Bowl in 2030 is pretty much in the bag
Originally posted by danimal:
hell yeah. Lets just give Sing 19 more years, at one player motivated per year, a Super Bowl in 2030 is pretty much in the bag

Lee Hammer says no.
"When he went back in the game, I don't think he pressed," Singletary said. "He really played more true to who he is. He threw the ball more clean. I think after the conversation we had on the sideline, he forgot about all the other stuff and just went out and played quarterback -- just played football."

So he basically told Smith to unlearn all the crap they have feeding him and play his game. Like try to be conservative not turn the ball over, we only want you to manage the game. Oh thank you to all our intuitive coaches the last 5-6 years

[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Oct 11, 2010 at 14:48:34 ]
that exchange on the sidelines was nothing but embarrasing. 2 desparate losers yelling at each other is what i saw. morons have hijacked my niners and i want them back.
it's amazing what a quarterback can do when defenses are playing soft to preserve a lead and run the clock out....knowing eventually that the other teams quarterback will make a mistake

Originally posted by 9er2631:
that exchange on the sidelines was nothing but embarrasing. 2 desparate losers yelling at each other is what i saw. morons have hijacked my niners and i want them back.

Yep. That was my underlying emotion too...just embarrassed.
Originally posted by jreff22:
maybe, its amazing what some people can do when they are straight pissed off.

Smith basically said that he has been too cautious and that the results are not good. He is now going to let it fling. I sure hope so. Go out there swinging and maybe we have a punchers chance still. I know that watching the Niners trying to move the ball in chuncks through the air is a lot more enjoyable then trying to endure watching a third-rate knock-off of the 85 Bears or 00 Ravens. The Niners needs to open it up big time the rest of the year. Crabtree and Davis need lots of balls thrown their way down the field. The Niners are not going to win (more than occassionally) featuring Gore. Alex you have nothing to lose in San Francisco anymore. Go out there and chuck the ball come hell or highwater.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
"When he went back in the game, I don't think he pressed," Singletary said. "He really played more true to who he is. He threw the ball more clean. I think after the conversation we had on the sideline, he forgot about all the other stuff and just went out and played quarterback -- just played football."

So he basically told Smith to unlearn all the crap they have feeding him and play his game. Like try to be conservative not turn the ball over, we only want you to manage the game. Oh thank you to all our intuitive coaches the last 5-6 years

Really? Do you think this is what the coaches have been feeding him? Is this a fact? I'm sure Martz told him to be safe.

Don't you think the OC is "feeding" him and the QB coach more than the HC? Don't you think they are expecting him to make NFL QB plays or expecting him to throw to open receivers when they are open.

I'm sure Singletary was very unhappy in being forced to say that "he played more true to who he is" because that would go completely against his philosophy, right?

Just because Steve Young had a "subjective" opinion because Ralph asked him what he thought could be happening doesn't make it a fact.
No all that did was cause us to believe that maybe this week will be different with Smith, but just like through the preseason when he looked so "different" and had "changed" we will see that Smith is Smith.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

If the Niners use what will probably be a high #1 on a QB next year then Jed (and Denise and the good Doctor) better make sure that the system is in place for him to succeed. A lot of the parts will be there this time. Get an offensive minded coach who will be able to nurture and develop a young QB. Also it would mean the Niners would not have to go through the upheavel of a revolving door at OC. The Yorks need to protect their investment this time and not spend all that money just to turn the QB over to the likes of Nolan and Singletary.
Share 49ersWebzone