LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 211 users in the forums

Our team is the laughing stock of the NFL

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Did anybody watch NFL network last night after the game? Fran Charles, Steve Mariuci, Deion Sanders and Michael Irvin were laughing hysterically after showing the 49ers highlights. It was honestly about 10 seconds of hard laughing at our team. After a showing like last night, how does our front office believe that we are going to get any better without making any changes?
So sad.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

i had to hear it from a rams fan last night. RAMS.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Ohhhh...just wait till the Raider game. I'm sure Raider fan will have plenty to say, especially if they win Sunday. If you ask me, I don't care about any other game this season......but we have to beat Oakland.

Of course we're the laughing stock of the league, I mean no one predicted we'd be 0-5. Collin Cowheard is still giving us hope but Fox and ESPN laugh at us.

[ Edited by Baldie on Oct 11, 2010 at 13:27:35 ]
Originally posted by verb1der:
So sad.
If we lose to Oakland, there is no God.
My roommate, who happens to have one of the worst high-pitched laughs I've ever heard, laughed at Smith's fumble and continued to giggle as it was run into the endzone. In a room full of people, I threatened his life. If I'd have seen that on the NFL network I probably would have walked into my roommate's room and carried out my threat as some sort of displaced psychotic freak-out.

We are the worst.
  • ZRF80
Well its obvious that neither Mariucci, Irvin, or Sanders know anything about football. They're has-beens, and jealous that Smith will eventually breakout once he gets a decent oline, wide receivers that can run their routes, wide receivers that can catch, wide receivers that can stop-turn around-run back 5 yards and make a play on the ball, offensive coordinator that can call good plays, a coach that will release Alex from his bondage, a stadium where the wind doesnt affect the spin on the ball, a fanbase that will support Alex and root for him no matter what, etc.

When all these things happen, then the joke's on you Mr. Mariucci, Irvin, and Sanders.
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Well its obvious that neither Mariucci, Irvin, or Sanders know anything about football. They're has-beens, and jealous that Smith will eventually breakout once he gets a decent oline, wide receivers that can run their routes, wide receivers that can catch, wide receivers that can stop-turn around-run back 5 yards and make a play on the ball, offensive coordinator that can call good plays, a coach that will release Alex from his bondage, a stadium where the wind doesnt affect the spin on the ball, a fanbase that will support Alex and root for him no matter what, etc.

When all these things happen, then the joke's on you Mr. Mariucci, Irvin, and Sanders.

yeah all those dude have no idea, but Alex? Alex is gonna be awesome!

Originally posted by susweel:

I am jealous of the fricking Cardinals, Larry Fitzgerald et al rallying around Max Hall to try to help him to succeed. The team did not support leinhart, and the coach got rid of Leinhart. Alex Smith has lost his teammates and the fans. If I was in charge I would cut Alex Smith today, bring up Nate Davis from practice squad and start Troy Smith the rest of the season. It could get no worse than 0-5.
  • marls
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erred:

I am jealous of the fricking Cardinals, Larry Fitzgerald et al rallying around Max Hall to try to help him to succeed. The team did not support leinhart, and the coach got rid of Leinhart. Alex Smith has lost his teammates and the fans. If I was in charge I would cut Alex Smith today, bring up Nate Davis from practice squad and start Troy Smith the rest of the season. It could get no worse than 0-5.

He's lost the fans, at least some of you but by the sounds of it he hasn't lost the locker room at all....
Finally zr80 is talking some sense. I know, I realize it was sarcasm, but if you take his words seriously, he is absolutely right. Good QBs have all of those elements - that is much of what makes them good. Mention a single good QB who does not have all of those elements.
Originally posted by 9erred:

are you blind??? Alex clearly has the support of his team. Why the hell do you think they pulling for Smith not to get benched yesterday. When Smith was talking to Sing did you not see Davis standing right there with him. Wake up dude. Wake up Niner fans. Smith has some problems but our team as a hole has problems. Stop passing all of the blame off on the QB. We are losing as a whole.
Share 49ersWebzone