LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 227 users in the forums

Starting QB?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Starting QB?

• kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LoboLtnLvr49er:
Press conference Sing says Smith is the starter.

That might mean he's benched tomorrow.
Sadly Alex,

Carr is well Carr.

Troy, is unknown and by all accounts about the same as Nate in that he does not actually run the play, and that is why it can't be Nate.

Nate calls the play in the huddle, Nate sets the protection at the line Nate calls for the snap, Nate counts to three and then scrambles around, Nate makes an amazing highlight reel throw!, but Nate never runs the play, never makes the read and never delivers the ball to the receiver as the play was drawn up, that is why it can't be Nate!

So that is why it has to be Alex, we are truly doomed, we are f**ked hard and with out the benefit of lube!
Alex is the best option. Play spread and he plays well. He does whenever we play that way. We just don't play that way often.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
People should also stop acting like the spread is some specialized type of offense for retards or something.

Look around the league and you'll that basically everyone runs plays out of the spread formation.

It's a staple pro formation now. The Colts run it almost exclusively.
Originally posted by kray28:
People should also stop acting like the spread is some specialized type of offense for retards or something.

Look around the league and you'll that basically everyone runs plays out of the spread formation.

It's a staple pro formation now. The Colts run it almost exclusively.

Yup we just have a 1985 offense. When we run spread Alex is always better. He always has been for his whole career. The guy we need to tailor to is Alex. Not Frank. Frank is fine out of the spread too. He runs fine and catches fine too. It doesn't hurt him that much to be out of that formation but it helps everybody else.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
FREE ALEX.

bench the power running game.
Originally posted by boast:
FREE ALEX.

He passes fine when we spread it out. We've seen this his whole career.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
FREE ALEX.

and that's my point. let's run a modern passing offense, similar to the Colts. it's the loss of yards or no yards gained when trying to be power running team that sets up Alex to fail. almost every time!
FREE ALEX.

and that's my point. let's run a modern passing offense, similar to the Colts. it's the loss of yards or no yards gained when trying to be power running team that sets up Alex to fail. almost every time!

A power running team is not the type of QB he is. He's a spread QB. Always has been.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
FREE ALEX.

A power running team is not the type of QB he is. He's a spread QB. Always has been.

exactly. we have all the tools to be a productive spread team, too.

As a long time supporter of AS I am teetering here. Last week I said I was done with him. After last night I'm beginning to believe that the bell cow's 0-2 yrd gains on 1st and 10 is killing AS is a valid point. So are the stupid false starts and illegal formations. Have we ever seen so many illegal formation penalties? It's truly retarded.

Smith proved that if nothing else he is mentally tough last night. I was happy to see the crowd come unglued on him and boo the hell out of him. Even though I was upset with him after that pathetic 3 and out, I began to feel bad for him. I ended up being pretty impressed with how he handled the crowd and I thought his play going forward was a pretty effective STFU to the crowd, Sing, and anyone else on the team who might have been doubting him.

At this point let Alex game plan and call his own plays and let him use the in game photos to make his own adjustments as he consults with MJ. That fumble was a major effup but he fixed it and started killing Philly with their own rightside blitz.

I just think papa has never truly given him the keys to the car. After hours of instruction, my teenagers still couldn't drive a stick. It wasn't until I got out of the car, told them to figure it out and walked away that they got it. They were so scared of screwing up, so tentative that they were infuriatingly non-functional. Smith can play, he's had plenty of coaching. They need to get out of the car and walk away and let him figure it out. We watched him figure it out last night.

And screw Gore's idiotic runs up the middle. Really? He's in a funk anyway. The bell cow is killin us more than Alex is. At this point, Westbrook is more of a threat to opposing D's. At least they don't know exactly WTF is going to happen when he is in. He averaged 6yds per carry last night LOL. Seriously though, why is he on this team? Dixon anyone? FFS, 3 solid RBs on this team and one of them gets 99% of all the touches. Makes hella sense. FTR, Ginn was worth it. That guy is a ST baddass.
Originally posted by TDilvr:
As a long time supporter of AS I am teetering here. Last week I said I was done with him. After last night I'm beginning to believe that the bell cow's 0-2 yrd gains on 1st and 10 is killing AS is a valid point. So are the stupid false starts and illegal formations. Have we ever seen so many illegal formation penalties? It's truly retarded.

Smith proved that if nothing else he is mentally tough last night. I was happy to see the crowd come unglued on him and boo the hell out of him. Even though I was upset with him after that pathetic 3 and out, I began to feel bad for him. I ended up being pretty impressed with how he handled the crowd and I thought his play going forward was a pretty effective STFU to the crowd, Sing, and anyone else on the team who might have been doubting him.

At this point let Alex game plan and call his own plays and let him use the in game photos to make his own adjustments as he consults with MJ. That fumble was a major effup but he fixed it and started killing Philly with their own rightside blitz.

I just think papa has never truly given him the keys to the car. After hours of instruction, my teenagers still couldn't drive a stick. It wasn't until I got out of the car, told them to figure it out and walked away that they got it. They were so scared of screwing up, so tentative that they were infuriatingly non-functional. Smith can play, he's had plenty of coaching. They need to get out of the car and walk away and let him figure it out. We watched him figure it out last night.

And screw Gore's idiotic runs up the middle. Really? He's in a funk anyway. The bell cow is killin us more than Alex is. At this point, Westbrook is more of a threat to opposing D's. At least they don't know exactly WTF is going to happen when he is in. He averaged 6yds per carry last night LOL. Seriously though, why is he on this team? Dixon anyone? FFS, 3 solid RBs on this team and one of them gets 99% of all the touches. Makes hella sense. FTR, Ginn was worth it. That guy is a ST baddass.

We are already in this deep. Let's promote Johnson to HC and make Smith is own OC.
Alex ftw
ive wavered on this quite a bit. we are 0-5 now, it doesn't matter who starts at this point. id rather just keep smith in until the third to last game.
Share 49ersWebzone