LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 282 users in the forums

PUT SMITH IN THE SHOTGUN

Shop Find 49ers gear online
come on you f**king morons. even ray charles could have seen that smith operates the best out of f**king shotgun. run shotgun in the beginning of the game not when we are down 14+! WTF kind of coaching is that you motherf**kers
you are so right it is dingleberry, mike john son should stay the o.c. . i see a totally different offense now that i like
We all knew this. But the whole team is built for Gore to run, not for Alex to carry the team.

At least that's what we hear.

Now it's looking as though they should have went this direction from day one.

This is why Singletary needs to be fired. He's over his head.
Smith needs to be put in a canon and shot to another team!
Originally posted by crabtree15:
you are so right it is dingleberry, mike john son should stay the o.c. . i see a totally different offense now that i like

Now, Mike Johnson was BS tonight. He ran up the middle 70% of time, 10% to the outside and then finally realized let's let Smith do what he does best. 1 play action all night... the Eagles where waiting for it up the middle.
Originally posted by Gore_21:

Now, Mike Johnson was BS tonight. He ran up the middle 70% of time, 10% to the outside and then finally realized let's let Smith do what he does best. 1 play action all night... the Eagles where waiting for it up the middle.

f**k MIKE JOHNSON HE IS JIMMY RAYE JR.
we need a REAL OC. I am so f**king pissed right now. f**k this season i've never been more pissed in the last 8 pathetic years of watching pathetic niners.
The Colts pass out of the shotgun like 70% of the time or around there I can't remember what the % was but its close lol anyways there's no reason why we shouldn't do the same.

It falls on the shoulders on sing....
At this point, I gotta agree. The season is lost for all practical puposes. The other QB options are nothing to brag about. AS is definitely more of a "spread/shotgun" type. Put him in a situation in which is more comfortable, and let him run a wide open offense from the first play of the game.

I started thinking about this, and wanted others input. What do you think about this:
Many have said that AS is probably one of the smartest guys on the team. The times he has excelled have been in 2 minute drills or "desperate" situations (having to score quickly with time running out). There isn't enough time for the OC to get plays in, so he calls what he is comfortable with - it works (as long as he isn't getting flattened as he throws the ball)

He understands what works for the team.
The rest of the team knows what will work for the team.
Everybody on the team knows Coach refuses to acknowledge this and prefers outdated, predictable football.

Could be the classic situation where everybody knows what will succeed at work except for the boss.

It's a bad situation and somebody needs to step up (should be the owner in this case, but very unlikely) and straighten this sh!t out. The team needs a philosophical change (4 weeks ago), or it will implode.
this team is so poorly coached right now....
Originally posted by kelpie70:
Smith needs to be put in a canon and shot to another team!

Please god let it happen because you fans freaking suck! The 49ers ruined my QB you b*****ds....

2 shoulder surgeries, 6 OCs, starting him his first year with a horrible team, shi*ty coaches, etc, etc...

Oh, and lets not forget never giving him an offense that he's suited for......he's not an under center QB!!

GOD DAMN IT!
More like put Alex Smith in the SHOTFUN!

There is nothing fysical about the shotgun offense.
  • hb123
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MILFS:
Originally posted by Gore_21:

f**k MIKE JOHNSON HE IS JIMMY RAYE JR.
we need a REAL OC. I am so f**king pissed right now. f**k this season i've never been more pissed in the last 8 pathetic years of watching pathetic niners.

if your boss at mcd's says scrub the toilet, what u gon do? scrub the toilet...

ray n johnson r just doing what the hc is telling them to do..
imo it has nothing to do with formation and everything to do with personnel

any time Moron Norris is on the field we are playing 10v11 because:

he sucks
we only run one play when he is on the field, Gore up the middle
If not the shotgun, at least start passing to set up the run instead of the other way around. I'm totally in favor of shotgun + no huddle, however...just give Alex the keys. It will probably end horribly, and he's probably not our QB of the future, but it's really our only prayer to not end with 2 wins or less.

Originally posted by Crysknife10:
Oh, and lets not forget never giving him an offense that he's suited for......he's not an under center QB!!

GOD DAMN IT!

Also, now that you've drawn your crysknife you must draw blood. In other news, the hawk and the mouse are the same.
Share 49ersWebzone