LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 270 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. OAKLAND RAIDERS GAMEDAY THREAD

Shop Find 49ers gear online
For the love of God... FREE BRIAN WESTBROOK!!!!!

Serisouly i was at the gym, doing my warm up on the bike.... and i happened to tune in to a replay of the game.... it was late in the third quarter, and Gore does an outstanding blitz pick up.... it was nice. Collinsworth says something like "wow, what a great job.... he looked like ole Westbrook back there..."

I LOL'd... peoeple were looking at me... it just struck me as hilarious as that blitz pickup is one reason why Westbrook hasn't seen the field... but serisously we gotta do better than one carry per game... thats offensive.... get this guy involved... give defenses something else they have to account for, kinda like Niner offense of old...

And I would love to see us come out in the 2 minute offense for the first 4-5 series of the game... just totally out of character for us.... nice change, methinks....
prepare for next monday after a loss. prepare for the worst from your raider co-workers/friends. .

Originally posted by teeohh:
This team can lose to anyone. I really hope we don't though

So true. Rod and Brooks just said this team is inventing new ways to lose. I've never seen a Niner team with this much talent look so inept.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
prepare for next monday after a loss. prepare for the worst from your raider co-workers/friends. .

Dude! Waassssuup. Miss you at the Tailgates.

Tell me about it, man. We have a black sheep in the family and there won't be any way of living with him if they win.

Can I still ground him anyway?

I keed, I keed. We are actually taking him and his BF next week to the game for his birthday. Both are Raider fans.

Great! Now watch them win.
Seasonal affective disorder or S.A.D
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD), also known as winter depression or winter blues, is a mood disorder in which people who have normal mental health throughout most of the year experience depressive symptoms during the football season or, less frequently, in the summer (training camp),[1] spring (mini-camps) or autumn (early in season), repeatedly, year after year. In the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-IV), SAD is not a unique mood disorder, but is "a specifier of major sports teams losing".[2]

Once regarded sceptically by the experts, seasonal affective disorder is now well established. Epidemiological studies estimate that its prevalence in the adult population ranges from 1.4 percent (New England) to 89.7 percent (Buffalo).[3]

The US National Library of Medicine notes that "some people experience a serious mood change when the football teams fortune changes. They may sleep too much, have little energy, and may also feel like drinking heavily. Though symptoms can be severe, they usually clear up with a victory over the Raiders."[4] The condition in the summer is often referred to as Reverse Seasonal Affective Disorder (or training camp), and can also include heightened anxiety.[5]

SAD was first formally described and named in 1974 by Howard Cosell and colleagues at the National Institute of Fans Mental Health.[6][7]

There are many different treatments for classic (winter-based) seasonal affective disorder, including light therapy with sunlight or bright lights, destroying the Raiders, watching college football, ionized-air administration,[8] and the Giants winning the world series.[9]

• mayo49
  • Veteran
That's funny, Chauncey.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
I have yet to predict a win this year.. But I am predicting a win here finally!

I never ever feel good about a loss, I didn't even feel positive after the Saints loss but tonight after I calmed down I feel like this might be the loss that wakes this team up everyone on it. I actually have a positive feeling which is weird because all I have had all year is negative ones.

here to hoping my rare feelings pull out

Niners win 24-10

I share that feeling with you Bro. I really hope you're right about the win.

I felt so sick after Atlanta for the week, but I serious feel the storm is over and we may indeed have the last laugh.

A lot has to do with Alex last night, Gore, Davis, Crabtree and the oline and defense as well. I think the team is finally seeing that nothing is going to be handed to them. And that they have to be accountable to each other EVERY play.

I believe each unit is blaming themselves after this one and endorsing other units to new levels. A close bond with the guys is boiling, I feel, instead of the natural thought of a divided locker room.

I think we ll move forward, ha ha- , really we have to know by now that there's a chancd to be great but the players can't be great as individuals, its being accountable to each group to bring greatness to the team.

I want all you guys to know, that more than ever, we should be standing up for our team. In this time of being the lowest in the league, I want to be a part of the rise. That this team has destined this year. We will keep working and the wins are going to start coming right now, week 6.

More than ever stand up and shout to anyone you're a 49er fan. It will be that much sweeter when we make our way to the top.

I am not Mike Singletary.

[ Edited by itlynstalyn on Oct 11, 2010 at 16:08:50 ]
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

Ouch. No one better tape me after the game

If the niners lose this game my interest in the team will dimish greatly. Too many raider fans to deal with that are friends and family. I'll go on a season strike at least.
Originally posted by BattleZone_18:
http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/oakland-raiders-forum-message-board/170136-we-now-face-0-5-whiners.html

All I can say, Good Luck Oaktown.

Surprisingly they're showing us some love.
Oakland Raiders @ San Francisco 49ers.
Use our college degrees and high school diplomas cuz they don't have em
Not lose.
Share 49ersWebzone