LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 282 users in the forums

Should we follow the Seahawks lead?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm not going to list all of the Seahawk acquisitions, but in the last two weeks they've added Stokely, and now this week Lynch. Stokely made an immediate impact last week and was a key part of the receiving game. Lynch is sure to do the same this week running the ball. The 49ers have an opportunity to go out and grab some difference makers, guys who could help turn the tide in our favor. Clearly we're on the cusp of something special, we just need a little push. Guys like Bailey and Merriman could do that for us. Maybe even Mankins.

Would you be in favor of trading away future picks to make a hard run at the playoffs this year? Or would you rather keep picks and trade up to get a guy like Luck in the upcoming draft? I'm torn. I like the prospect of building through the draft, but I'm so exhausted with losing. What's a fan to want his football team to do?
Get Bailey. Our D is already pretty good, but a shutdown CB would help a ton. Plus we play them this year so it weakens an opponent. Screw the draft, I want to win now!
I might want to make an upgrade if we weren't, you know, 0-4. Until we win some games, there's no point to trade future assets.
The greatest example to follow is our team of the 80s and the Patriots of this decade. They've built, and continue to build, through the draft. Look at the amount of picks they've stockpiled. Even if you don't hit on all, with the sheer amount you're bound to hit on a couple. And in this league, sometimes that makes all the difference. I've never been a fan of trading away the future for immediate benefits and that doesn't change now.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
I might want to make an upgrade if we weren't, you know, 0-4. Until we win some games, there's no point to trade future assets.

Two games down, twelve to go, the Rams in the lead, but they blow.

Say that mantra twenty times to yourself and then get back to me.

Why do so few have faith left in this football team?
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:

Dude we're 0-4. Say that to yourself. ZERO wins. FOUR losses.

If they go 0-5 and they go three behind the Rams or Cards, will you be this optimistic? At this point, I am not giving this current 49ers team any of my energy, because they have found new and agonizingly painful ways to beat themselves this year.
wrong thread.

[ Edited by Leathaface on Oct 8, 2010 at 22:06:30 ]

LMAO! Nice 1 Gold like that will land you a head coaching gig around here.
Originally posted by faithful49erfan:
The greatest example to follow is our team of the 80s and the Patriots of this decade. They've built, and continue to build, through the draft. Look at the amount of picks they've stockpiled. Even if you don't hit on all, with the sheer amount you're bound to hit on a couple. And in this league, sometimes that makes all the difference. I've never been a fan of trading away the future for immediate benefits and that doesn't change now.

We have no Bill Walsh or anything that compares to the Patriots' front office and coach.

Originally posted by NatralBrnThrila:

LMAO! Nice 1 Gold like that will land you a head coaching gig around here.

Thank you kindly. If the 49ers offered me a job, I think I could turn the team around over night. It is the coaches that are holding the players back. I bet if you let these 11 guys, on either side of the ball, go out there and call the game for themselves, they crush the competition. Our coaches literally look like a handicap to me.
I would be ecstatic if we got Bailey.

Without trading the house for him of course
Originally posted by Ninersdeep:

we would have to trade big and sign him to a big contract.

um, I'm done giving huge contracts to CBs... I would rather spend that on pass rushers and have "good" defensive backs instead.

I'm tired of relying on coverage sacks over the years....when a QB has time, it doesn't matter who you have covering for u in the long run.

I'm just one of those people who've always felt its not worth overspending for corner backs.....even before the Nate signing...(and Nate is one of my fav players)
Originally posted by Afrikan:

we would have to trade big and sign him to a big contract.

um, I'm done giving huge contracts to CBs... I would rather spend that on pass rushers and have "good" defensive backs instead.

I'm tired of relying on coverage sacks over the years....when a QB has time, it doesn't matter who you have covering for u in the long run.

I'm just one of those people who've always felt its not worth overspending for corner backs.....even before the Nate signing...(and Nate is one of my fav players)

When we got Clements, we weren't on the cusp of anything. If we sign Bailey, we bring him into a team that could win the Super Bowl. For anyone laughing, we just competed with two of the best teams in the NFL while playing way below our potential. Wake up, this team can do some things if it starts winning now and often. Guys like Bailey can be the difference.
Share 49ersWebzone