There are 105 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Sando and Williamson on what to do with Smith.

Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Alex should play the season, but hopefully he is replaced in the off season, along with all our offensive coach personnel except Solari and Rathman, our head coach.

Alex Smith sucks. This season its over. The Niners will be drafting in the top 10.

Week 5 hasn't even started and people are saying the season is over. Last year at this time we were 3-1 and all feeling like the playoffs were just around the corner.

Welcome to the Webzone.

Anyone who honestly has any faith at all that this season still has promise of success is fooling themselves imo. Look at the stats. Study the history of the nfl. All results for any team that had started with any resemblance of what the Niners have started this season ended with one of the worst records in the entire league.

I personally do not think we have the staff our personnel to pull off a league first.

Look up and see what the best finish by a team that has started the season with our record. The closest I can think of is the Titans who were able to turn it around after a horrible start. Except the Titans have one of the better HCs in the entire nfl and consistency within their coaching staff. They also didn't fire their OC mid season.

I am interested to see the schedules of the previous 0-4 teams. did they have a tough first half? I mean, we have/had a rough first 5 weeks (with exception to Seattle). the remaining schedule favors a turnarond, IMHO. I said before, you could look at these first 4 weeks as a learning experience-at least I hope that is how this team sees it. hopefully some kinda win this week will open up a flood gate of good play, a light bulb going off in their collective heads. something.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Alex should play the season, but hopefully he is replaced in the off season, along with all our offensive coach personnel except Solari and Rathman, our head coach.

Alex Smith sucks. This season its over. The Niners will be drafting in the top 10.

Week 5 hasn't even started and people are saying the season is over. Last year at this time we were 3-1 and all feeling like the playoffs were just around the corner.

Welcome to the Webzone.

Anyone who honestly has any faith at all that this season still has promise of success is fooling themselves imo. Look at the stats. Study the history of the nfl. All results for any team that had started with any resemblance of what the Niners have started this season ended with one of the worst records in the entire league.

I personally do not think we have the staff our personnel to pull off a league first.

Look up and see what the best finish by a team that has started the season with our record. The closest I can think of is the Titans who were able to turn it around after a horrible start. Except the Titans have one of the better HCs in the entire nfl and consistency within their coaching staff. They also didn't fire their OC mid season.

The Titans weren't in the NFC west, a division full of teams that will have a record of 8-8 at best.

This offense has been moving the ball contrary to what most think. The issue has been drives have gotten killed by fumbles and interceptions.

True, true... but we could still move the ball better than we have.

We've played 3 road games against teams that are combined 8-2 and we played the superbowl champs at home. I'm still positive about the year.

No one would be complaining if we didn't average 3 turnovers a game. We would have accepted what everyone already though: win with Alex playing average (average meaning minus INTs).

I'm just pissed about all the damn turnovers by everyone. Of course I'm going to point out anyone who has the most (7) on drive-killers and pick sixes. We should be 3-1. We are playing like a 3-1 team. The plays that are being called are fine. That's not why we are losing. We are losing because our guys are careless with the football.

[ Edited by Joecool on Oct 8, 2010 at 13:32:36 ]
Originally posted by MSteitz468:

Welcome to the Webzone.

1992 Chargers did it.

I do not believe they canned their OC mid-season.

Welcome to the Webzone.

The Titans weren't in the NFC west, a division full of teams that will have a record of 8-8 at best.

This offense has been moving the ball contrary to what most think. The issue has been drives have gotten killed by fumbles and interceptions.

We've played 3 road games against teams that are combined 8-2 and we played the superbowl champs at home. I'm still positive about the year.

No one would be complaining if we didn't average 3 turnovers a game. We would have accepted what everyone already though: win with Alex playing average (average meaning minus INTs).

I'm just pissed about all the damn turnovers by everyone. Of course I'm going to point out anyone who has the most (7) on drive-killers and pick sixes. We should be 3-1. We are playing like a 3-1 team. The plays that are being called are fine. That's not why we are losing. We are losing because our guys are careless with the football.

Turnovers are going to happen when you build your Offense around producing long, drawn-out drives. At least Mike Johnson seems to understand this.
Originally posted by binary2nd:

Welcome to the Webzone.

Turnovers are going to happen when you build your Offense around producing long, drawn-out drives. At least Mike Johnson seems to understand this.

Absolutely. I'm waiting to hear Sing say he has taken all hands off of the offense. When that happens, then Mike Johnson can really get this unit rolling.

Welcome to the Webzone.

This has to be the truest thing I have read in NT this season BY FAR! The thing is we better put it together soon because the back half of the schedule is brutal too with 4 of our last 6 on the road.
Originally posted by MSteitz468:

Welcome to the Webzone.

1992 Chargers did it.

I do not believe they canned their OC mid-season.

You were talking about starting out slow and turning it around, besides, firing Jimmy Raye can only help our offense.

[ Edited by MSteitz468 on Oct 8, 2010 at 16:17:53 ]
Why not go with the type of offense we ran last year in the Jacksonville and @ Seattle games? Mostly spread, with some runs and behind center snaps thrown in. Its clearly where Smith is at his best. What type of offense were we using when Smith looked awesome on that last drive against the Saints? You guessed it. In the Shotgun. Simple.
If Alex is still crap by week 8 or so, then I'd prefer to see what Troy Smith or Nate Davis could do!

Alex does not have the IT factor. Who drafted him? Damn it!
Originally posted by swim4speed:
If Alex is still crap by week 8 or so, then I'd prefer to see what Troy Smith or Nate Davis could do!

Alex does not have the IT factor. Who drafted him? Damn it!

For the love of God! Give up on Nate Davis. He is on the practice squad for a reason. At worst Troy Smith finishes the season.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Why not go with the type of offense we ran last year in the Jacksonville and @ Seattle games? Mostly spread, with some runs and behind center snaps thrown in. Its clearly where Smith is at his best. What type of offense were we using when Smith looked awesome on that last drive against the Saints? You guessed it. In the Shotgun. Simple.

Does anyone know who our leading receiver was that game?

Frank Gore.

Spread or no spread, mr. checkdown will still be the QB. Check all the games last year. If Gore wasn't involved, we didn't play well.
Originally posted by binary2nd:

Welcome to the Webzone.

Absolutely. I'm waiting to hear Sing say he has taken all hands off of the offense. When that happens, then Mike Johnson can really get this unit rolling.

Yeah, teams hate 10 play drives. It's all the number of plays fault now that we can't hold onto the ball or throw and INT.
I think the more we let Smith sink or swim the better. We don't have an answer on the bench. If smith figures it out great. If not then maybe, just maybe, we are actually a QB away from contention right now. I honestly believe this team would be deadly with a Pro Bowl caliber QB. Either Smith becomes that guy or we need to find him in the off-season. We have too many pieces on this team for things not to work. Hopefully we will turn it around and win some games before everyone on the team checks out and starts playing to be playing in the future.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

Does anyone know who our leading receiver was that game?

Frank Gore.

More evidence that we should move to a more spread-oriented attack. Thanks. Gore can still get involved and be a huge weapon, and our Offense looked the best it ever has. Good stuff.
Originally posted by redmanc07:

Welcome to the Webzone.

This has to be the truest thing I have read in NT this season BY FAR! The thing is we better put it together soon because the back half of the schedule is brutal too with 4 of our last 6 on the road.

Brutal? We're playing teams in the division, and none of the games are at Qwest. And the Chargers aren't all that this year. No Merriman, no Tomlinson, no VJ, no left tackle...