There are 215 users in the forums

westbrook's knowledge and experience

Shop Find 49ers gear online
i wonder if Sing will confer with westbrook before setting up the offensive and defensive schemes for the upcoming game. the sad thing, is that i believe Sing is too stubborn and self-centered to realize what an asset westbrook's opinions could provide. i have no confidence in Sing. team is truly a mess.
of course he wont.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
of course he wont.

Yah only Gore is allowed to get carries or he will cry and pout.
Singletary's a motivational speaker... After he gives his rousing speech during which players are rolling their eyes behind his back, he leaves the room and the coordinators make the game plan.
You mean Mike Johnson and Greg Manusky need to talk to Westbrook. I'm not sure how much Sing is in the mix on play calling or execution of the weekly game plans.
  • GO19
  • Veteran
Originally posted by davemo4:
i wonder if Sing will confer with westbrook before setting up the offensive and defensive schemes for the upcoming game. the sad thing, is that i believe Sing is too stubborn and self-centered to realize what an asset westbrook's opinions could provide. i have no confidence in Sing. team is truly a mess.

I'm pretty sure the play book has been altered to accommodate Kolb abilities in the beginning of the season then was altered for Vick when he was starting, now back to Kolb. It's the game plan for the starting QB. Bad thing is, Westbrook doesn't know what plays are designed specifically for Kolb in the offseason. But expect a bunch of check downs.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Sing is afraid that Westbrook or Dixon might play better than Gore...
Sing's afraid that if he uses common sense he might

Sing setting up schemes???

Originally posted by davemo4:

hmmmm.....did we bring him to play football or to be a snitch? Well M Rob did the same so why not lol

they dont know who westbrook is or where he came from, they just know he's a RB. they have no idea that hes awesome on screens, sweeps and anything involving speed, thats why they ran three straight screens to gore
  • BenQ
  • Veteran
ugh i really f**king hate mike singletary now. such a dumb ass
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
they dont know who westbrook is or where he came from, they just know he's a RB. they have no idea that hes awesome on screens, sweeps and anything involving speed, thats why they ran three straight screens to gore

The problem is Gore is just as good at everything Westbrook is good at. Do you use the RB that has set nearly every major rushing record in franchise history or the concussion guy. But i do agree with you, they should spell Gore a bit and let Westbrook do his thing...
Originally posted by rawdel:

The problem is Gore is just as good at everything Westbrook is good at. Do you use the RB that has set nearly every major rushing record in franchise history or the concussion guy. But i do agree with you, they should spell Gore a bit and let Westbrook do his thing...

hes not as fast as westbrook. westbrook has top end speed and gore doesnt as we've all seen him get taken down 10 or 20 yards short of the endzone on long runs when he runs out of gas. i think westbrook is very shifty and before last years concussions he was a top 5 back in this league. the guy can only help, gore needs rest too even if he doesnt want it. also gores problem is that he follows the play to the exact spot. this is great to coaches but if a play is not there he doesnt improv like dixon does, he just runs into his linements backs.
Originally posted by rawdel:

There has to be a way to get both of them in the backfield on third down situations. Even if one stays in for protection that defense will have to account for the fact that both very capable thrid down backs are on the field.
Share 49ersWebzone