LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 178 users in the forums

From 0-4 to 4-4

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The way I see it, the 49ers can easily right this sinking ship in the next four games. Though many Niner fans may call me crazy, and though Mike Singletary disagrees, the next four games are winnable. To whit: we're playing a banged-up Eagles team without its spark, Michael Vick, at home where Singletary is 9-3. Alex Smith, in whose faith I've lost this year, can only get better from this point. If he continues to make critical errors, I see Singletary pulling the plug on him in the Eagles game and inserting Carr. However, I don't foresee Alex Smith floundering (though at the same time he won't flourish). 1-4.

From there, we remain at home for the Bay Area rivalry with the Oakland Raiders. Defensively, the Raiders are 11th in yardage allowed, but are 29th in points (sound familiar?). Like their Bay rivals, they suffer in the turnover category as well (-3). But yet again, we're at home where we play well. Our running game will get on track (Oakland is 31st versus the run) and our D will start to regain its old form. 2-4.

And off to Carolina, currently 0-4. Rookie starting quarterback, no Steve Smith, 18th in defense in yards given up (19th rushing), 30th in offensive yards (-5 turnover ratio). Keep in mind that our two rookie offensive linemen will have even more time to develop and gain a good rapport working together. We've built momentum at this point and are playing a demoralized Carolina team. 3-4.

And now back home (NOT) to London to face the Denver Broncos. This one is a tough one to predict, and I'm still scratching my head wondering why Jed was so insistent on promoting us for this one. If we're lackluster at 10am on the East Coast, what's the reasoning for going further east? However, the Denver Broncos are susceptible to the run both defensively (4.1 ypg, T16th) and offensively (32nd, 2.2 ypc). What's more, thanks to our 80s and 90s prowess, most international fans remember us for our glory days and not our wanting last decade.

These next four games, I see us getting our running game on track, putting together a string of W's, getting our defensive assignments down, and learning from a tough first four weeks. Keep in mind, our first three were away from the 'Stick, against a resurgent Chiefs team, a NFC favorite in Atlanta and a Seahawks team which has proven tough to beat at home (ask San Diego, a supposed Super Bowl favorite). The Saints are the defending champions.

The glimmer, the silver lining, is that in three of those games we found ways to beat ourselves. We've been stricken with terrible luck and costly mistakes. Teams know we have talent; we know we have talent. And, heading into the bye, that talent will reveal itself with a four-game winning streak. 4-4 with a winnable second half.
[ Edited by faithful49erfan on Oct 5, 2010 at 1:26 PM ]
I'm with you but hold on the whiners gotta cry for a bit first
Nice positive, yet rational assessment.

These are winnable games. These 1st 4 games were against tough teams or tough road venues. To not win at least 1 sucks, but it is what it is. The most important thing right now is to finish a game and get that 1st win. It would have to be huge for the team; just showing that a win IS possible, that we aren't cursed.
We are going to win the division! I haven't stopped saying it since before the season began, and the only way I'll stop is until there isn't a chance to win it anymore! This is our damn year and we deserve it as fans as much as anyone... well, maybe Lions and Browns fans deserve it more.
i look at it like this, we're 2 games out 1/4 through the year, if by half way through the year we can be 1 game back, that will leave us with 5 div games in the final 8 games to go for the div title
We're going to be the Cinderella team of the year.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Lets discuss 4 consecutive wins when we're struggling to get one. fail
We will win the next 4 games....guaranteed. I believe
Alex Smith will lead us to the playoffs. Then get a contract extenstion. GUARANTEED
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
We are going to win the division! I haven't stopped saying it since before the season began, and the only way I'll stop is until there isn't a chance to win it anymore! This is our damn year and we deserve it as fans as much as anyone... well, maybe Lions and Browns fans deserve it more.

Perhaps you've jinxed us, along with my buddy that wore his Alex Smith jersey to the Chiefs game (and last week at the bar). May I suggest you stop saying it until we get that 1st win.

Originally posted by malcolmx:
Alex Smith will lead us to the playoffs. Then get a contract extenstion. GUARANTEED

the ultimate kiss of death lol
With NFL football, who knows...they could go on a run. I wouldn't bet on it with my money though.

I disagree with your choice of words when you said "easily". Nothing is going to come easily for this struggling team.
[ Edited by djfullshred on Oct 5, 2010 at 1:44 PM ]
And don't forget, we are better than the Rams!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Ya'll dudes are tripping we havent even one god damn game yet.

Only scored 3 offensive TDs in 4 games.

D cant stop nobody when it counts.

Worst QB in the league

Awful coaching

So STFU with all this we will win the next 4 games bulls**t.
Share 49ersWebzone