LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 256 users in the forums

If the Patriots can use Woodhead, the Niners can use Westbrook

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by suso365:
Westbrook was in on one play last game and didn't know where to line up. Smith had to call a timeout because of it. Maybe he just doesn't know the playbook yet.

Just what I was gonna say. We haven't seen much of this guy since he's been here. We don't really know if he's still the dynamic player he once was. Also, it seems he's still very much behind in the playbook.

Seems to me he's not ready at the very least. Once he is, I hope they use him and Gore in the backfield in Shotgun. Westbrook, if the guy he once was, gives the option of motioning into the slot and that causes some quality mismatches. I don't think anyone expects Westbrook to take significant handoffs away from Gore.
People really need to get over this Westbrook thing.

Frank Gore is one of the best backs in the league and can run, catch, and block.

If the Pats had Frank Gore, do you really think that guy would be playing?

The Niners aren't playing well right now, but Frank Gore is the only guy who IS playing well and is on pace for a 1000/1000 season.

Why do peeps keep saying we should take our best offensive weapon off the field for Westbrook?

Get over it. Westbrook was signed to play if and when Gore is hurt. Thats it.
Originally posted by Marvin49:

Frank Gore is one of the best backs in the league and can run, catch, and block.

The Niners aren't playing well right now, but Frank Gore is the only guy who IS playing well and is on pace for a 1000/1000 season.

Why do peeps keep saying we should take our best offensive weapon off the field for Westbrook?

How do you feel about incorporating Williams on offense? He seems to be a prime "piss the defense off" type of player.
Originally posted by Joecool:

How do you feel about incorporating Williams on offense? He seems to be a prime "piss the defense off" type of player.

"Why use Kyle Williams? We have Crabtree and Morgan who are two of the best WR's in the NFL, and if we use Kyle it means that we take someone like Moran Norris or Nate Byham off the field. Oh no, we can't have that!"
[ Edited by Method on Oct 5, 2010 at 1:40 PM ]

I'm assuming your talking about Kyle Williams?

I have no prob with that. I'd like to see Ginn when he gets back as well.

The only think with Williams tho is that I just haven't seen enough of him to have an opinion of him.

When Kevin Faulk is healthy, I have no doubt they'd hypothetically take Gore out of the game. Belichick is obsessed with Faulk.
Do we have a Tom Brady? That team aint s**t without Brady!
Originally posted by Method:

"Why use Kyle Williams? We have Crabtree and Morgan who are two of the best WR's in the NFL, and if we use Kyle it means that we take someone like Moran Norris or Nate Byham off the field. Oh no, we can't have that!"

Actually...I rip my hair out whenever I see Norris on the field. The guy is useless.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran

agreed.
Originally posted by rxrunner:
they have Tom Brady

we have Alex Smith

Tom Brady is a great qb not doubt but did you watch the game last night.

During the first half of that game Brady looked like an average qb and the reason was because he had pressure in his face.

Now, the 2nd half was a different story cause he had all day to find a wr.

I'm not saying Alex is Tom or even close but to not give credence to the actual play of a qb given the circumstances he's playing under is unrealistic and simplistic.

• fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by rxrunner:
they have Tom Brady

we have Alex Smith

Westbrook needs to be utilized more. I was hoping that they would use him on offense similar to the way Sean Payton uses Reggie Bush but I guess thats too much too ask. Frank is a great back and he will get his numbers if we use Westbrook more because Westbrook has speed to the outside that Gore does not. By Westbrook making the defense stretch the field horizontally it opens things up inside for Gore to run up the middle where he is best.
We have enough weapons to run a nice spread/shotgun style Offense which our QB feels most comfortable in. Unfortunately, our coaches have the brains of 12 year olds.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Method:

This just in...Morgan isn't one of the best WRs in the NFL. He wouldn't even start for most teams as their #2. Crabtree is a #2 or #3 on most teams as well. Davis is our best weapon (the best or 2nd best TE in the game). Brandon Lloyd, of all people, has more yards this year than Crabtree and Morgan combined.
Share 49ersWebzone