they have bellichek

we have singleterry
Originally posted by tn9er:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by tn9er:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Let's look at their starting running backs Ben Jarvis-Green . . . Frank Gore

Great comparision

I really don't get the we must use Brian Westbrook lovefest that's going on here. Frank does everything that Westbrook does but better.

I don't have a problem with putting him in there if Frank needs a breather, and I don't have a problem with 2-5 plays with Frank and Westbrook at the same time, but let's not get carried away here. Frank can easily carry the load as an exlusive every down back. He's done it for us for the past 4+ years now.

nobody is saying we should bench Gore.

WHY don't the coachs don't mix it up more...

Normally when you bring in one back you take out the other guy. An extensive Westrbook package would cut into Gore's reps.

But isn't that WHY they signed him, so he could change things up???

If Gore went down for a couple of games then the Westbrook signing becomes criticial. He takes over Gore's role in passing situations.

Look I do agree with should have 4-5 plays designed for him so it's not like I completely disagree with you guys. I just don't think he brings anything to the table that Frank doesn't have.
Originally posted by 9erred:
It truly baffles me. Westbrook was a stud who has some talents to use. Woodhead, a 5 foot 6 inch cast off from the Jets learned the play book of the Patriots and is already contributing.

Westbrook, the only rb on the roster who is quick enough to run to the outisde has yet to be used.

Baffling.

Totally disagree. This means we would have a sound offensive philosophy. The Niners coaching staff has been horrible about scheming to the strengths of the players they have. Michael Robinson is a great example. As a former QB, we were all expecting to see him run the HB option pass here and there. Did the Niners EVER use him like this? Nope. Not ONE pass in 3 or 4 years. Now that he's in Seattle, he's already complete a pass from the HB option just four games into the season. Alex Smith is another good example (clearly more comfortable in the shotgun). But This coaching staff is stuck on stupid. Hopefully Mike Johnson shows us something different. I was disappointed not to see Westbrook, Dixon, or K. Williams at all last week.
TUBBY BANTA CAIN

WHAT THE FU*K?
Westbrook should be used... Frankly, I think he should be gettin half the carries. All good running teams use more than one back consistently. Running one back exclusively is truely oldschool NFL.
Coaches should make these decisions regardless of what the players think. Its about the team not if one player gets mad because their not gettin enough touches. Its about what ever it takes to win.
Originally posted by SoCal9ers:
Originally posted by rxrunner:
they have Tom Brady

we have Alex Smith

they have bellichek

we have singleterry

they have Moss

we have crabtree
they have Tom Brady

we have Alex Smith

they have bellichek

we have singleterry

they have Moss

we have crabtree

patriots know how to win

49ers definitely knows how to lose
no we can't, we are the niners
Originally posted by 9erred:
It truly baffles me. Westbrook was a stud who has some talents to use. Woodhead, a 5 foot 6 inch cast off from the Jets learned the play book of the Patriots and is already contributing.

Westbrook, the only rb on the roster who is quick enough to run to the outisde has yet to be used.

Baffling.

It actually is not, the same thing happened when Deshaun Foster was signed, he was hardly used. This goes back to the physical, pound the ball retarded mentality.
That shows the difference between a very smart, experienced head coach in Belichick and Singletary. Belichick knows what he wants and that's smart, heady players...he understands how much they contribute to his team's success. Singletary, for the most part, just doesn't get it.

They are a great franchise we no longer are. Great owner, Perfect HC and staff

thats the bottom line
[ Edited by ninersrule4 on Oct 5, 2010 at 12:00 PM ]
It is just crazy this team hasn't used Westbrook more--the guy is a playmaker--who could help open up the offense--i would have some sets with westbrook and dixon in the game at the same time--just do lots of different things.

you could send westbrook on some deep routes--and then later run the same formations with a draw to Dixon or Gore--just keep the D off balance.

so many possibilities with creative thinking
Westbrook was in on one play last game and didn't know where to line up. Smith had to call a timeout because of it. Maybe he just doesn't know the playbook yet.
they have Tom Brady

we have Alex Smith

This.
they have Tom Brady

we have Alex Smith

they have bellichek

we have singleterry