There are 153 users in the forums

If the Patriots can use Woodhead, the Niners can use Westbrook

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It truly baffles me. Westbrook was a stud who has some talents to use. Woodhead, a 5 foot 6 inch cast off from the Jets learned the play book of the Patriots and is already contributing.

Westbrook, the only rb on the roster who is quick enough to run to the outisde has yet to be used.

Baffling.
imagine westbrook could have been on the rams
Originally posted by 9erred:
It truly baffles me. Westbrook was a stud who has some talents to use. Woodhead, a 5 foot 6 inch cast off from the Jets learned the play book of the Patriots and is already contributing.

Westbrook, the only rb on the roster who is quick enough to run to the outisde has yet to be used.

Baffling.

yeah someone in knocking the Qb, said he doesnt know why he doesnt get WB involved in the game, and i pointed out that he did know that the QB isnt the OC, unless your name is Manning.

He got on the field for one play last game. We talk about utilizing personnel, but still arent completely yet. With the tons of players we have, we should be able to give teams different looks all day in a game.
Then people would cry that they are taking snaps away from Gore who is a top back. But the running game is terrible and needs a change. He will get some playing time against his former team this week. Will be the second former Eagle in so many weeks to burn them.
Originally posted by Jersey9er:

Baffling.

yeah someone in knocking the Qb, said he doesnt know why he doesnt get WB involved in the game, and i pointed out that he did know that the QB isnt the OC, unless your name is Manning.

He got on the field for one play last game. We talk about utilizing personnel, but still arent completely yet. With the tons of players we have, we should be able to give teams different looks all day in a game.

They have 3 RBs 2 TEs and 4 WRs that should be seeing playing time. Instead they stick with the same 11 out there.
I dont understand y we picked him up? just to suit up and sit the bench? maby we were afraid the rams would get him and use him against up haha
they have Tom Brady

we have Alex Smith
Originally posted by wolfpack52:
Originally posted by Jersey9er:

Baffling.

They have 3 RBs 2 TEs and 4 WRs that should be seeing playing time. Instead they stick with the same 11 out there.

Exactly. I mean we have soo many players, that there is no tape on, that it would bring that unknown factor, but we havent been utilizing that aspect of our team just yet. And i wonder if we ever will.
I would rather want to see Williams used more than Westbrook. Williams has speed, quickness, and game breaking ability.
Let's look at their starting running backs Ben Jarvis-Green . . . Frank Gore

Great comparision

I really don't get the we must use Brian Westbrook lovefest that's going on here. Frank does everything that Westbrook does but better.

I don't have a problem with putting him in there if Frank needs a breather, and I don't have a problem with 2-5 plays with Frank and Westbrook at the same time, but let's not get carried away here. Frank can easily carry the load as an exlusive every down back. He's done it for us for the past 4+ years now.

• tn9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tjd808185:

Great comparision

I really don't get the we must use Brian Westbrook lovefest that's going on here. Frank does everything that Westbrook does but better.

I don't have a problem with putting him in there if Frank needs a breather, and I don't have a problem with 2-5 plays with Frank and Westbrook at the same time, but let's not get carried away here. Frank can easily carry the load as an exlusive every down back. He's done it for us for the past 4+ years now.

nobody is saying we should bench Gore.

WHY don't the coachs don't mix it up more...
Originally posted by tn9er:

Great comparision

Normally when you bring in one back you take out the other guy. An extensive Westrbook package would cut into Gore's reps.
Creative minds would be able to utilize Westbrook in some capacity. Unfortunately, they don't appear to be under contract with the Niners.
  • tn9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tn9er:

Great comparision

Normally when you bring in one back you take out the other guy. An extensive Westrbook package would cut into Gore's reps.

But isn't that WHY they signed him, so he could change things up???
That's the difference b/t bellicheck and sing
Share 49ersWebzone