There are 178 users in the forums

Could we win the next 6 straight (maybe 7)??

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Could we win the next 6 straight (maybe 7)??

LETS do IT
This..
The niners will win their next 7 games! we finish the season 10-6 win the west and once we're in the playoffs anything can happen.
Originally posted by scopur49er:
I'm absolutely amazed that nearly 70% of the votes are for 4-2 or better.
Have you guys watched this team play?
They couldn't find their way out of a paper bag much less find a way to win one single game.
I think we'd be lucky to go 2-4 in the next 6 games.

It's called denial. But at this point..it's all we've got.
Originally posted by EndAround81:
lets start by getting 1 win first

down 0-4, I'll shoot a 3 pointer!
Here's a post I made in another thread. It all rotates around the Eagles game IMO.

This has been a pretty terrible schedule through the first 4 games for the Niners. Very unbalanced.

@ Seattle - We've consistently sucked on the road, and we just can't seem to beat these guys in Seattle at all. Considered a top 3 or 4 tough place to play in the NFL.
Saints - 2nd game of the season against the Superbowl champs? s**tty. We had a chance to win this one, but no one expected us to IMO.
@ Kansas City - Arrowhead is the place where we haven't won in like 16 years or something ridiculous. KC outcoached, out played, just were better in this game. We had very little chance to win.
@ Atlanta - What the hell? Three away games to start the season with no home games yet against the NFC West? Another game we should have won, but no one thought we would.

Eagles at home is a game we should win, especially without Vick. If we don't, this season is completely over, but look at the schedule afterwards, MUCH easier.

@ Carolina - One of the few teams who've looked worse then the Niners, and are also 0-4, lol
Raiders - At home we should win this game.
Denver - In London, and Kyle Orton has looked really good in the Denver offense. Tough game, but if we win that'd be 4 straight. This is all very reasonable, so I hope our team is up to the task.

If we can win 3 or 4 out of those games, we'll have 5 games out of 8 to finish the season against the NFC West.
6 and 4 after 10 games.

Yes we can!!!

Hey...it worked for Obama.
Just read on ESPN that McCoy probably wont play this weekend either, which is good news for us.
Never. There is a difference between a dream and a fantasy.
Originally posted by Method:
Here's a post I made in another thread. It all rotates around the Eagles game IMO.

This has been a pretty terrible schedule through the first 4 games for the Niners. Very unbalanced.

@ Seattle - We've consistently sucked on the road, and we just can't seem to beat these guys in Seattle at all. Considered a top 3 or 4 tough place to play in the NFL.
Saints - 2nd game of the season against the Superbowl champs? s**tty. We had a chance to win this one, but no one expected us to IMO.
@ Kansas City - Arrowhead is the place where we haven't won in like 16 years or something ridiculous. KC outcoached, out played, just were better in this game. We had very little chance to win.
@ Atlanta - What the hell? Three away games to start the season with no home games yet against the NFC West? Another game we should have won, but no one thought we would.

Eagles at home is a game we should win, especially without Vick. If we don't, this season is completely over, but look at the schedule afterwards, MUCH easier.

@ Carolina - One of the few teams who've looked worse then the Niners, and are also 0-4, lol
Raiders - At home we should win this game.
Denver - In London, and Kyle Orton has looked really good in the Denver offense. Tough game, but if we win that'd be 4 straight. This is all very reasonable, so I hope our team is up to the task.

If we can win 3 or 4 out of those games, we'll have 5 games out of 8 to finish the season against the NFC West.

We can't win on the road. So we lose at Carolina and we lose in London.

The remaining four games are at home. I think we lose to Philly but beat the Raiders, Bucs, and Rams. So, 3-3 at best. We're 3-7 and needing to win 5 games out of 6 to have a shot. With road games at San Diego and Green Bay, that's not going to happen. Season over.

I think the Niners will be favored in every one of the 7 games with the possbile exception of the Broncos game.

Eagles at home without Vick WIN (Niners favored by 3)
Raiders at home WIN (Niners by 6-7)
Carolina on rd WIN (Niners by 3 - IF we win the next 2)
Broncos in London LOSE (Niners by 1)
Rams at Home WIN (Niners by 7)
Buccs at Home WIN (Niners by 7)
Arizona on Rd WIN (Niners by 3)

I think its very possible that the Niners win 6 or those 7. Put it this way, they are games they can and should win. I would not be shocked at all to see our team 6-5 after 11 games. I think a 8-8 or 9-7 season will be the final result with an excellent chance at the West.
We have enough talent to go on a good run...but, they have to all but eliminate the mistakes. We should be 2-2 and tied for the division lead, but because of some poor decisions, we're 0-4. If there's any one thing the NFL shows us each year is that we should expect the unexpected. Take the Chiefs, for example. Who in their right mind would've expected them to be the only unbeaten team in the league after the first 4 weeks. So, yeah, we could go on a sizeable run...but with Singletary running things, I wouldn't really bet on it. I think he's begun to lose his team...and unless they really turn things around starting this Sunday night, he should be fired at the beginning of the bye week.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I think the Niners will be favored in every one of the 7 games with the possbile exception of the Broncos game.

I think its very possible that the Niners win 6 or those 7. Put it this way, they are games they can and should win. I would not be shocked at all to see our team 6-5 after 11 games. I think a 8-8 or 9-7 season will be the final result with an excellent chance at the West.

It's tough to say that the Niners SHOULD win any of these games given how they've played so far. They cannot win on the road - haven't done so for years. So Carolina and Arizona on the road are not "should" wins. They should lose those games, if history has anything to do with it. They should also lose to Denver in London because: (1) it's technically on the road and (2) Denver is a better team. The Raiders, Eagles, Rams, and Bucs are not gimme wins and it wouldn't surprise me if the 9ers lost at least two of those games. I think we're looking at between 4-7 and 2-9 after 11 games.
We are capable of winning them but we aren't consistent enough. Maybe if we stopped beating ourselves but even then we probably haven't won 7 straight in a decade and a half.
Originally posted by midrdan:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

It's tough to say that the Niners SHOULD win any of these games given how they've played so far. They cannot win on the road - haven't done so for years. So Carolina and Arizona on the road are not "should" wins. They should lose those games, if history has anything to do with it. They should also lose to Denver in London because: (1) it's technically on the road and (2) Denver is a better team. The Raiders, Eagles, Rams, and Bucs are not gimme wins and it wouldn't surprise me if the 9ers lost at least two of those games. I think we're looking at between 4-7 and 2-9 after 11 games.

You might be right. However, the Niners are more talented than every team on that list other than Philly in my opinion. I think the Niners will beat the Eagles at home in a game they HAVE to win. I know the Niners have looked like crap in 2 games but they have also played very well for the most part against 2 extremely talented teams. It could go either way but I look for the team to turn things around.
Share 49ersWebzone