LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 393 users in the forums

Optimism Anyone?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by dwy621:
I have optimism just based on the next 7 teams we play. I see all games as very winnable games, but we know the niners and how they play down to their competition, which worries me.

Sun 10/10 Eagles - 5:20p
Sun 10/17 Raiders - 1:15p
Sun 10/24 @Panthers - 10:00a
Sun 10/31 Broncos - 10:00a
BYE
Sun 11/14 Rams - 1:15p
Sun 11/21 Buccaneers - 1:05p
Mon 11/29 @Cardinals - 5:30p

I don't get how looking at the remaining games is going to improve how the team plays. Have you watched the games?
So because we will play the Rams, Alex will not throw balls that get tipped to the defense?
Because we play the Panthers, game killing fumbles will not occur?
Because we play the Raiders, Sing will suddenly know what he is doing?
Originally posted by pyroglass:
I still have hope.

12-4

each week that assumption only changes by a game.

we have the talent. i really think this team needs a 'click' and it will be smooth rolling from there. just waiting for it to happen.

I love people around here. Like some magic "click" is going to happen and fix our team. Jesus. Wake up. People think we have a light schedule; WE ARE 0-4! THE RAMS ARE 2-2 AND BEAT WASHINGTON? WHAT MAKES YOU THINK WE CAN ROLL TEAMS LIKE THAT? BECAUSE WE HAVE TALENT? SUCH BS. We have many holes to fill and clearly they have been exposed, starting with the HC and QB and ending with the secondary.
Originally posted by MBniner:
Originally posted by pyroglass:
I still have hope.

12-4

each week that assumption only changes by a game.

we have the talent. i really think this team needs a 'click' and it will be smooth rolling from there. just waiting for it to happen.

I love people around here. Like some magic "click" is going to happen and fix our team. Jesus. Wake up. People think we have a light schedule; WE ARE 0-4! THE RAMS ARE 2-2 AND BEAT WASHINGTON? WHAT MAKES YOU THINK WE CAN ROLL TEAMS LIKE THAT? BECAUSE WE HAVE TALENT? SUCH BS. We have many holes to fill and clearly they have been exposed, starting with the HC and QB and ending with the secondary.

don't forget to throw in the waterboy and the mascot... they are totally slackin off!
Originally posted by NorthNiner:
I have optimism just based on the next 7 teams we play. I see all games as very winnable games, but we know the niners and how they play down to their competition, which worries me.

BYE

I don't get how looking at the remaining games is going to improve how the team plays. Have you watched the games?
So because we will play the Rams, Alex will not throw balls that get tipped to the defense?
We're going to see the same old broken record against Philadelphia. Remember the game against Philly last year when we had a legitimate chance to make the playoffs and what does Smith do? He completely and totally crapped out and we lost a game we should have won.

I really am trying to understand Smith's psyche. How can he execute a nearly flawless opening drive against Atlanta, goes 5 for 5 with a TD pass to Vernon Davis and then turns into a rookie QB the rest of the game making incredibly dumb and stupid mistakes TIME AND TIME AGAIN. He's got a 14-0 lead, why is he looking so panic stricken in the pocket when he's beating a team by TWO TOUCHDOWNS!! Why can't he relax, move away from pressure and make a throw? He had Morgan wide open on a deep play and threw a line drive way over his head. Is that the sign of a QB that is showing improvement game to game after 6 freaking years in the NFL?

I really do want to be optimistic. I want to drink the koolaid and say we're going to the dadgum playoffs come hell or high water. I want Alex Smith to have a breakout game, a breakout season but I also know that we have to be grounded in reality otherwise things will continue the way they are with no change. Sometimes you just have to step back and say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.
You have to keep your faith if you are one of the Faithful.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

oh, i believe and i have faith - that WE SUCK!!!!!

and i'll still be cheering for them when we sneak into the playoffs
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

Right now it's pretty rough but you're right...
  • hb123
  • Veteran
its disappointing so far but i am still optimistic no doubt!! i stil feel we got a fair chance at this.. i've been feeling it all week, our first W tomorrow night fur sho!!!
Hey fellas, you would blast the players if they came out and showed no confidence or enthusiasm or belief in themselves. You would shriek if they held their heads down or appeared to give up. But as for yourselves - the same expectations or standards do not seem to apply. You know who the losers are? It is the negative Nellies on this board.
REALISTICALLY, I thought this is a must win game but is it? I still think this is nearly a must win but NFC-W seems worse than I thought.

Just show us something.
Optimism? Seriously?

Let me ask this one question: how many of you would feel bad about the 49ers if we were 4-0?
Originally posted by wrongway9erfan:
Originally posted by NorthNiner:

BYE

We're going to see the same old broken record against Philadelphia. Remember the game against Philly last year when we had a legitimate chance to make the playoffs and what does Smith do? He completely and totally crapped out and we lost a game we should have won.

I really am trying to understand Smith's psyche. How can he execute a nearly flawless opening drive against Atlanta, goes 5 for 5 with a TD pass to Vernon Davis and then turns into a rookie QB the rest of the game making incredibly dumb and stupid mistakes TIME AND TIME AGAIN. He's got a 14-0 lead, why is he looking so panic stricken in the pocket when he's beating a team by TWO TOUCHDOWNS!! Why can't he relax, move away from pressure and make a throw? He had Morgan wide open on a deep play and threw a line drive way over his head. Is that the sign of a QB that is showing improvement game to game after 6 freaking years in the NFL?

I really do want to be optimistic. I want to drink the koolaid and say we're going to the dadgum playoffs come hell or high water. I want Alex Smith to have a breakout game, a breakout season but I also know that we have to be grounded in reality otherwise things will continue the way they are with no change. Sometimes you just have to step back and say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

I'm telling you man..the guy is "damaged goods." He's like a kid who's dad beat his a$$ for every little mistake growing up and now he's so afraid of making a mistake he just goes with the easiest choice or bungles when sht hits the fan.

You can't coach that or change that. Alex is a smart guy who could probably WATCH a game and know exactly what to do and be correct 99% of the time. The problem is he HIMSELF cannot do it when he's playing because he over thinks and implodes. It's just unfortunate. But it is what it is and it's time to move on.

That said, I really hope he kills it tonight. He's not a total failure as he's shown he can make the throws and do well...but again..it comes down to consistency. He has to do it for 4 quarters. Can he? I dont know. We'll see. Hope so.
i'm not optimistic at all. we're 0-4 and yes the division is crappy but we suck in every major stat imaginable.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
In a potentially very deep QB class for the 2011 NFL Draft, and the chance to have a real coach who knows what the h#ll he is doing on the sidelines...yes.

Let's just hope there isn't a lockout next season
Share 49ersWebzone