LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

Optimism Anyone?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
4-4 or 5-3 into the bye and winning 6 of 8 or 5 of 8 after the bye.

we still take the division because hawks will fall, cards are done (fitz is the only wr, but even he is a lil hurt), the rams are just spunky for now, but their talent will fold (no exp)

this division is as strong as the SEC at best!

we'll beat seahags when they come to stick. i think we'll sweep either rams or cards. no one else gets a sweep, so we'll tie with seatwats at 8-8 and win the tie-breaker or go 9-7/10-6 and just win, period.

lose in the playoffs to dallas cowdung 67-2

best case scenario = first team to go 0-4 and win it all!!
u do know that we play teams outside our division right? the rams have won outside already by beating washington. we dont do well outside our division and were even more horrible outside of candlestick. changes need to be made soon before we talk about winning divisions.
  • Brew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
u do know that we play teams outside our division right? the rams have won outside already by beating washington. we dont do well outside our division and were even more horrible outside of candlestick. changes need to be made soon before we talk about winning divisions.

Bring in Ryu as QB and Blanka for RB= championship.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Brew:

Yeah, and Sakura as head coach.
Originally posted by B650:

ill be the OC and DC since nobody can f**k with me as Ryu lol. dude we havent played in a while brew!
  • Brew
  • Veteran

ill be the OC and DC since nobody can f**k with me as Ryu lol. dude we havent played in a while brew!

werd. Lets get on it one of these days. You take the frustration you get from this dumbass team on me lol

werd. Lets get on it one of these days. You take the frustration you get from this dumbass team on me lol

hahaha theyre not even worth being frustrated over. f**k em.
Originally posted by 49ERwhiner:
I get it optimism in that we are not mathematicallly eliminated you mean ? We have a QB who isn't consistent and still making too many mistakes for a six year veteran. We basically don't have any viable options backing up our starting QB and I want to make sure and thank Singletary for that fact , as he thanked Seattle for beating our @sses. The team gets up just enough to be close against the high profile teams but like the QB are inconsistent , but always find creative ways to lose , and then against lesser teams they should beat they come out flat and get trounced 31-6. Factor in a head coach who is plainly over his head and out coached each and every week , and you want optimism ?

I am fresh out of optimism , but I will try and continue to have a small sliver of hope. I am feeling pretty damn critical of this whole operation. I will continue to root for my team. I realize we still have some needs but this is some crappy football from a team with so this much talent. The Rams can beat Seattle ?????? Optimism you say, just not feeling it I guess.

GO NINERS ------ one quarter of the season has been played and still waiting for the first damn win.OPTIMISM

That sums up how I feel too.

I will add that I am a bit happier with Mike Johnson over Raye so far.
  • B650
  • Veteran
We lead the league in moral victories.
To answer the OP's thread title: Nope.

In a potentially very deep QB class for the 2011 NFL Draft, and the chance to have a real coach who knows what the h#ll he is doing on the sidelines...yes.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Oct 5, 2010 at 6:57 AM ]
Originally posted by seeking6th:
4-4 or 5-3 into the bye and winning 6 of 8 or 5 of 8 after the bye.

we still take the division because hawks will fall, cards are done (fitz is the only wr, but even he is a lil hurt), the rams are just spunky for now, but their talent will fold (no exp)

this division is as strong as the SEC at best!

we'll beat seahags when they come to stick. i think we'll sweep either rams or cards. no one else gets a sweep, so we'll tie with seatwats at 8-8 and win the tie-breaker or go 9-7/10-6 and just win, period.

lose in the playoffs to dallas cowdung 67-2

best case scenario = first team to go 0-4 and win it all!!

Uhhh.....you do know who our quarterback is right?

Nuff said.
I have not given up yet, but cannot be optimistic either.

Let's see next Sunday if one first win is a realistic goal.

The roadmap should then be (at least) 3-5 by the bye and 5-5 following the next two games (at home).

If we get there, I will start to show optimism.

For the time being, let's wait and see...
Maybe if we were playing smart football but just got beat and not the better team in 4 games. However, Alex and crew are NOT playing smart football and I don't see a change coming anytime soon. They need to show me something this coming week. If we don't win this weekend I think it's time to bite the bullet and try other lineups.
We have to win one game at least for any of these fans to be even a little optimistic. Clements falls down on that INT and we win the game and I guarantee we're all feeling a lot more optimistic about the season. Oh, and we're not blasting Smith as much right now.

Wins, my friend. That's all that will quiet these fools that think know better than everyone else.
Share 49ersWebzone