There are 81 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Optimism Anyone?

Believe it or not we still have a good chance to win the division, if we win all our games against the rookie qbs's (AZ) (STL), and we give (SEA) the payback that they have coming. If we go 5-1 in division play then we could make the playoffs, and we've already shown that we can play up to the level of so-called better teams. Perhaps the 0-4 start is a good thing for a team that has been hearing that theyre gonna walk away with the division since the end of last season. This gigantic slice of humble pie could be the wake up call that niner nation needs. i wouldnt reccommend making any major changes at qb or with the coaching staff until we are undoubtedly eliminated. I dont like Alex at qb either but right now he is the most prepared and know the offense better than the other guys, so percievably he is our best choice to win, we could easily be 2-2 if it werent for a few plays. But look at it like this "0-4 49ers rally to win 9 out of their last 12 games to make the playoffs" would be a wonderful headline, and it is an achievable one, lets just see how our guys respond, I feel like the offense is overdue for a breakout game, will i happen next week?
Originally posted by qwestlove94:
Believe it or not we still have a good chance to win the division, if we win all our games against the rookie qbs's (AZ) (STL), and we give (SEA) the payback that they have coming. If we go 5-1 in division play then we could make the playoffs, and we've already shown that we can play up to the level of so-called better teams. Perhaps the 0-4 start is a good thing for a team that has been hearing that theyre gonna walk away with the division since the end of last season. This gigantic slice of humble pie could be the wake up call that niner nation needs. i wouldnt reccommend making any major changes at qb or with the coaching staff until we are undoubtedly eliminated. I dont like Alex at qb either but right now he is the most prepared and know the offense better than the other guys, so percievably he is our best choice to win, we could easily be 2-2 if it werent for a few plays. But look at it like this "0-4 49ers rally to win 9 out of their last 12 games to make the playoffs" would be a wonderful headline, and it is an achievable one, lets just see how our guys respond, I feel like the offense is overdue for a breakout game, will i happen next week?

Its hard to win with turnovers and QB making mistakes and inconsistent.
I'll try it. Have some delivered.
Tough to be optomistic when the play of the team is abysmal! And yes we can still make the playoffs mathematically, but right now I doubt it!

Not another koolaid thread. Can we please have an official koolaid thread? We really need one.
I am, Sunday cant get soon enough, yesterday we lost a very very difficult game vs one of the best teams in the NFC on the road, now we play an eagles team with KK at qb and their starting RB bang up, we are at home, we should win...

on sunday we get our confidence back and start taking the NFC west!!!

go niners
been optimistic since I heard

"With the number 1 overall pick, the 49ers select, Alex Smith QB Utah"

time to stop being optimistic and face reality.
I'm not optimistic, because the kind of football I see from this team turns my stomach. I am not just looking at w/l records. This is ugly, barely watchable football. I am about sick of seeing this team being coached by defensive guys that have no clue about offense.
are defense actually looked really good. Mays and Goldson have me way excited. Mays scored a td on his first series....when did michael lewis ever score a td?

Also, our recievers were getting open. Morgan, And Crabtree were open quite often, but if the play calls for someone else, it wont matter cuz that is where alex will go with the ball.
http://w

ww.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwq7BYOnDrM

Play offs, you want to talk about Play offs......

You are the exact poster I talked about who would come on the board and talk about how we are only a few games out of first place. Well the niners need to figure out how to win ONE game.

Play offs, you want to talk Play offs.,
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
are defense actually looked really good. Mays and Goldson have me way excited. Mays scored a td on his first series....when did michael lewis ever score a td?

Also, our recievers were getting open. Morgan, And Crabtree were open quite often, but if the play calls for someone else, it wont matter cuz that is where alex will go with the ball.

lmao

dude

you serious?
I'll bite.

It's not like it can get much worse than being winless.
[ Edited by Jakemall on Oct 4, 2010 at 9:50 AM ]
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:

The defense looked good giving up 3rd down conversion after 3rd down conversion?
Optimism = The day we get rid of Alex "THE BUST" Smith.
we will not make playoffs. this team plays "not to lose". this conservative mentality is a cancer to this team. i believe this team will find ways to lose differently every week. the 9ers need a HC that was an offensive player. that way we will have an offense that throws longer than 5 yard passes.