LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 255 users in the forums

Another head scratcher. Answer me this.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
With the game on the line why do we put Terrell Brown, our worst CB, on Roddy White? Don't we pay Nate the type of money to cover guys like this? Hell if not that, then why couldn't we put Spencer on their best WR? gah
[ Edited by TheNef77 on Oct 3, 2010 at 10:21 PM ]
He's our fastest CB. And there you go.
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
Originally posted by bigtony2tone:
Well our fastest CB gets beat week after week and there you go.
Originally posted by TheNef77:
With the game on the line why do we put Terrell Brown, our worst CB, on Roddy White? Don't we pay Nate the type of money to cover guys like this? Hell if not that, then why couldn't we put Spencer on their best WR? gah

Because Clements has a knack for getting burned and Spencer was on Finneran (another 2nd WR that makes minced meat out of our secondary)...
The Niners don't move their best corners on the other team's best receiver anymore. Spencer always plays the right corner. Clement let corner on regular set, but move to slot in nickel and dime situaution, which Terrell Brown take over the left corner spot. Overall, I don't see this being an issue. I don't know Clements is necessary better than Spencer.

Clements was at times marking Tony Gonzalas, and that is a better matchup for the Niners than Brown on Gonzalas.
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
So you guys would play Brown over Clements there again if the scenario came up again?

Brown is always getting burned every week.

sigh I guess our draft needs look like

QB
CB
DE
The truth of the matter is... our cornerbacks are slow :/ Shawntae Spencer is, in my opinion, the best one we have. And, unfortunately, thats not saying much.

Clements is slow.

Brown is just.. Brown. What can brown do for you? Brown won't do S**t for you thats wth Brown will do.

You can't get by in this league with 1 solid cornerback and the rest of the CB's are mediocre/fairly decent at best.
So you guys would play Brown over Clements there again if the scenario came up again?

QB
CB
DE

Or:

QB
QB
QB

And hope one pans out...

QB
CB
DE

Shoot at this rate i wouldnt think twice about putting Philip Adams out there.
Originally posted by bigtony2tone:
Well our fastest CB gets beat week after week and there you go.

You asked.

• rob28
  • Veteran
all the cb's on the roster are garbage so it doesn't make a difference.
I did not like that move either. Brown should've been on Harry Douglas.

Regardless, we ABSOLUTELY need to draft a CB. I'm confident Philip Adams will develop into a competent nickel CB in time, but we don't have the time nor luxury of waiting and hoping in his development. We could have a great CB corps if we added a great young corner with Clements, Spencer, and Adams.

Hopefully Will James can come back well from his ankle injury this coming week and provide further depth at corner.
Originally posted by eric90clark:
The truth of the matter is... our cornerbacks are slow :/ Shawntae Spencer is, in my opinion, the best one we have. And, unfortunately, thats not saying much.

Clements is slow.

Brown is just.. Brown. What can brown do for you? Brown won't do S**t for you thats wth Brown will do.

You can't get by in this league with 1 solid cornerback and the rest of the CB's are mediocre/fairly decent at best.

p. adams?
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I did not like that move either. Brown should've been on Harry Douglas.

Regardless, we ABSOLUTELY need to draft a CB. I'm confident Philip Adams will develop into a competent nickel CB in time, but we don't have the time nor luxury of waiting and hoping in his development. We could have a great CB corps if we added a great young corner with Clements, Spencer, and Adams.

Hopefully Will James can come back well from his ankle injury this coming week and provide further depth at corner.

Eric Wright is a free agent this offseason
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Because Browns speed matches Whites speed, and Spencer was on Finneran who is 6'5" and isn't that much of a mismatch to Browns 5'10".
Share 49ersWebzone