There are 174 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

If we go with Carr now, would we have a Titan like Return of V Young turnaround?

Someone made a good point. Alot of us can agree that although Smith isn't the worst QB in the league (alot of us thought JTO was good too except for the Turn Overs), he has lot of turn overs, and just does not seem to have IT. Can Smith be our Kerry Collins and Carr be our Vince Young to breath new life into us?

If we did go Carr next week and he tears it up and we win... can we be poised to be the Tenessee Titans of last year? They went like 0-6 but started tearing it up after the bye.

Oh wait... We don't have Jeff Fisher...

Still thought... the fact of the matter is... as the Titans showed us last year by losing their first 6 then ending up at 8-8... its not over till its over.... Especially in our "weak" division I wouldn't count us out just yet. We aren't dead... maybe just on life support.
Originally posted by zozell:
Someone made a good point. Alot of us can agree that although Smith isn't the worst QB in the league (alot of us thought JTO was good too except for the Turn Overs), he has lot of turn overs, and just does not seem to have IT. Can Smith be our Kerry Collins and Carr be our Vince Young to breath new life into us?

If we did go Carr next week and he tears it up and we win... can we be poised to be the Tenessee Titans of last year? They went like 0-6 but started tearing it up after the bye.

Still thought... the fact of the matter is... as the Titans showed us last year by losing their first 6 then ending up at 8-8... its not over till its over.... Especially in our "weak" division I wouldn't count us out just yet. We aren't dead... maybe just on life support.

And we don't have Vince Young either.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by zozell:

Except both QBs on the Titans have been to the playoffs as starters and one has started in a superbowl.
It's DAVID FREAKING CARR. He sucks.
i doubt it
Anybody that can complete a simple pass to the running back coming out of the flat would be an improvement. Every week we see Smith overthrow Gore on a 5 yard pass that Gore has to jump up and try to catch - then that gets tipped and picked.
No. Poor OL play + Carr holding the ball too long = MASSIVE FAIL.
No.

Carr's best play is assuming the fetal position after getting the ball.
No but it might help us tank the season for Andrew Luck!
Originally posted by Chrs0049:
Anybody that can complete a simple pass to the running back coming out of the flat would be an improvement. Every week we see Smith overthrow Gore on a 5 yard pass that Gore has to jump up and try to catch - then that gets tipped and picked.

Cosigned.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

just like Alex.. only difference is Carr will throw it down field.
Originally posted by posayshoohaa:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

just like Alex.. only difference is Carr will throw it down field.

Nope. He'll never have the time. it will be a completely different kind of suck.
Why do people think that David Carr is any good?
I would like to see Carr get a shot, I'm tired of adding profanities on to Smith's name. I need a new QB to suck, just to mix it up a bit!
Originally posted by olapac:
Why do people think that David Carr is any good?

It's not that we think he's good we just think he'll f**k up less than Alex Smith. Seriously.