LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 239 users in the forums

Who do you blame for the Atlanta loss?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
There is only one person to blame for the loss, Nate Clements. Just hold on to the ball, fall down or run out of bounds and the game would have been won, but No, let me try and do something special and fumble the ball. Game was over he F'ed up...

Its everybody's fault except this guys!
Originally posted by ramanz16:
Originally posted by pickle:
Nate Clements--you need to understand the situation.

The situation was that he was trying to score because he had NO faith in his offense to do anything - going down likely results in a field goal and still gives Atlanta life. It sucks he fumbled, wish he didn't too. But his pick did move Atlanta back about 40 yards in field position and our offense put up a whopping 7 points the entire game. No way I blame Nate for PART of one play (remember he had to intercept to fumble it so the front half of the play was GOOD) when our offense was embarrassing for a full 4 quarters.

that's a silly justification. if he had run full speed and gone out of bounds inside the 20 all the offense would have had to do is run the clock, make ATL burn timeouts, and then kick a field goal to force ATL to score a TD.

We had a lead. We didn't NEED clements to score. And it was obvious the entire time that he was going to stripped from behind. EVERYONE saw it coming because he wasn't holding onto the ball tightly, was running slowly, waiting for blocks, and had no idea that anyone was behind him--despite the fact that the EXACT SAME THING happened last season.

THERE ARE NO EXCUSES FOR CLEMENTS TO HAVE FUMBLED THE BALL. Getting the pick and a decent run back was more than enough. Everything after that was just stupidity and greed.
alex is a great kid but just can't do it on the field. i feel bad for him personally but he's just done here
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Lol. This aint even a question. Cant blame clements. He had a good game. If it weren't for alex's s**tty playing, we'd never be in the position to lose by 2.

I've been blaming Smith also, but lets get real here, some one else would have f**ked up and we still would have lost. Remember Gore's fumble in Seattle. What about Walker's fumble against the Saints.
Originally posted by bakefootball:
Singletary... Really in over his head! His lack of composure at the end of the game was pathetic!

Secondary... had 2 chances to prevent that last field goal, they blew it.

Alex Smith... lack of ability to spread the ball around to the WR's... He's just too slow (release/passing, finding the recievers)

OC... where was Westbrook, he is way too dynamic for us not to be using him!

I believe there is something not being told to us by this team's coaches. Where is Westbrook is correct. If he is not panning out as we expected then just flat out ct him and get a player to help us out. If he is healthy and is good with the offense then please use him. What;s going on there?
  • Envy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hollywood:
Originally posted by Envy:
In order

Singletary
Smith
Manusky
Clements

Would love to know how this is Singletary's fault. Lets talk about Smith's inability to throw an accurate pass 5 yards.

"Alex (Smith) is our quarterback" - Mike Singletary
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
alex is a great kid but just can't do it on the field. i feel bad for him personally but he's just done here

Probably one of the most sensible things I've seen posted in a long time.
1. Jed York for not firing singletary tomorrow and keeping coaches that have for the most part no NFL experience on a winning team (like him)
2. Singletary for replacing alice smith with david currse then that 3rd guy i don't even remember the name and not looking at nate "7th sky" davis
3. Manusky for his p***y play calling yesterday today and ever after
4. Assistant coaches for not helping all the players to know the basics of how you play in this league (but rathman who helped gore cure his fumbleitis, everybody tend to forget that)
5. Oops i forgot the GM along the line ... tell me again : what's his job ?
6. the scoots for letting coaches and managers select the balmers and the smiths and not drafting the rogers etc
7. The fans for keeping it up after 8 losing seasons. Buccs fans were much more proud, they let the stadium be empty for 20 seasons

I think the list is almost complete.
Good "luck" for this team (to make a clin d'oeil to another thread)
This is another team loss.

The offensive line is still not generating much room or holes for Frank, and struggled in pass protection. Smith is inconsistent and made a few plays that really hurt the team.

Defensively, allowing the other team to convert third and long was a major problem in the 4th quarter. You have to make those stops, since third and long are low percentage scenarios.

Finally, game management is still a nightmare.

Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Lol. This aint even a question. Cant blame clements. He had a good game. If it weren't for alex's s**tty playing, we'd never be in the position to lose by 2.

I've been blaming Smith also, but lets get real here, some one else would have f**ked up and we still would have lost. Remember Gore's fumble in Seattle. What about Walker's fumble against the Saints.

Agreed, but who is constantly at blame, game in, game out?
Originally posted by Hollywood:
In order

Singletary
Smith
Manusky
Clements

Would love to know how this is Singletary's fault. Lets talk about Smith's inability to throw an accurate pass 5 yards.

"Alex (Smith) is our quarterback" - Mike Singletary

AWESOME!!! That means he's gonna be benched tomorrow!!!
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by ramanz16:
Originally posted by pickle:
Nate Clements--you need to understand the situation.

The situation was that he was trying to score because he had NO faith in his offense to do anything - going down likely results in a field goal and still gives Atlanta life. It sucks he fumbled, wish he didn't too. But his pick did move Atlanta back about 40 yards in field position and our offense put up a whopping 7 points the entire game. No way I blame Nate for PART of one play (remember he had to intercept to fumble it so the front half of the play was GOOD) when our offense was embarrassing for a full 4 quarters.

that's a silly justification. if he had run full speed and gone out of bounds inside the 20 all the offense would have had to do is run the clock, make ATL burn timeouts, and then kick a field goal to force ATL to score a TD.

We had a lead. We didn't NEED clements to score. And it was obvious the entire time that he was going to stripped from behind. EVERYONE saw it coming because he wasn't holding onto the ball tightly, was running slowly, waiting for blocks, and had no idea that anyone was behind him--despite the fact that the EXACT SAME THING happened last season.

THERE ARE NO EXCUSES FOR CLEMENTS TO HAVE FUMBLED THE BALL. Getting the pick and a decent run back was more than enough. Everything after that was just stupidity and greed.

I concur sir! Our players are not playing smart football and it has cost us at least 2 games thus far. Just poor!
I blame the defense. We are supposed to be a top 10 defense, but we can never stop anyone when it counts. When opposing teams want to impose their will on our defense, they do just that. Nate Clements is too slow to be a top notch corner, he gives up a lot of big plays. Our front seven isn't playing very well either, too many clean pockets for quarterbacks, and too many big running lanes for opposing running backs. I feel that until we get some quality corners, that can play man to man, we will never be able to rush the passer affectively. My other concern is on the offensive side of the ball with Alex Smith. I have been a supporter, but I can't do it anymore!! When was the last time he actually completed a long pass to a wide out, and by long, I mean more than 25 yards? They only took two shots today, both incomplete. One we got anyway becaused of defensive pass interference. Delanie would not have made the catch, the ball was not thrown accurately enough. The other shot, also would have gotten a pass interference, but was not thrown anywhere close to being catchable. Alex has some serious accuracy problems. Alex, Nate, Shawntae, Dashon, it's time to step up and earn your money!!
  • Jiks
Originally posted by Byisgod:
Guys....we all wanted Alex to succeed! ITS YEAR 6! His time is CLEARLY up. Anyone who doesn't think so is completely out of their mind. He shows flashes but he is not CONSISTENT! Locker/Luck/Vick/Kolb/Anyone 2011.

That said, the blame goes as follows:

The Yorks (for being cheap, piece of s**t owners)
Sing
Alex
Nate
Manusky

Question is, is what do we do though? Go with Carr or T. Smith who are as unproven as Alex? Right now it would seem that Alex is our best choice since he knows this offense better. I think throwing one of our back-ups in may set us back even more. We are in a bind.
Share 49ersWebzone