There are 219 users in the forums

Who do you blame for the Atlanta loss?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I am so glad we didn't pursue Mcnabb. Jesus, our FO is f**king terrible. We literally just ignored the QB position and banked our whole season on Smith. Brilliant. Did they really have that much faith in Simpletary?
Originally posted by 804Niner:
Originally posted by dirtysouthniner:
Alex.

enough said.........

Don't know why peopple would say otherwise...
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Mr501astatehogg:
how can you blame singletary or jimmy raye for that matter. when you change oc and have smae results. i'm not an alex basher but com son look at the game. blame nate all you want to but fault is on alex

Sing and mike did a good job planning. Players didnt execute plain and simple im particular Smith when u have gore and vd and crabs all dangerous players when the ball is in thier hands and cant generate the points you suck im sorry im done with alex nothing good here
Nate Clements--you need to understand the situation.
Ryan made some bad throws, one being intercepted at a critical time at the end of the game. But Atlanta won, and his bad passes will be forgotten.

Alex made a number of good throws, but the one thatt will be most focused on will be his dumb interception.

When they showed the GB highlights, how many besides me noticed how relaxed Rodgers was as he waited for his quality receivers to get open? He had all the time in the world to set and throw a perfect strike for touchdowns. I do not care what many of you say, but OL plays a huge role in a QB's performance. Alex's poorest throws were when he trying to get something done while defenders were bearing down on him.

Alex has played his whole career with a team whose OL was poor. He entire experience and the focus of his coaching has been to get the ball out in a hurry. After all those years and all that experience he plays like you would expect - with hasty desperation. The kid is good, and could be really good if he played with a quality organization that developed him under the right circumstances. I concede that Rodgers is better than Alex, but I suspect that Rodger's performances would be significantly less if he had been playing here rather than at GB.

For those that will harp about my "excuses," you can just "Go stuff it."
Originally posted by ramanz16:
Gotta put this one on Smith, I'm resisted pointing the finger his direction until now but he simply isn't getting it done. Bad picks, inability to complete deep passes, penalties when in scoring position...hate to say this but it may be time to see what else we have (which I fear isn't much better).

Not to mention s**tty blitz-reading and poor protection adjustments. The dude is trash, he gets you hopes up every game, no consistency.
Nate. After Bly blew it against this same falcons team (i believe), he should have known better. He gets tackled and holds onto the ball and the game is over.
how can you blame singletary or jimmy raye for that matter. when you change oc and have smae results. i'm not an alex basher but com son look at the game. blame nate all you want to but fault is on alex
Originally posted by Axl49:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
in this order

1) Singletary
2) Singletary
3) Singletary

WOW WOW WOW people amaze me. PLAYERS LOST THIS ONE. INT Fumbles was mike out there when those plays occurred on the field hmm must have missed him. SMITH and our Secondary lost this game they are trash and the sad thing is its all we go so no qb change crap should come out of anyones mouth f**k. people are idiotic i swear.

Coaching staff is ultimately responsible for the results on the field. If Singletary and his staff can't have the team prepared to play each and every week of the season, home or away, then they need to go. Coach was quoted this week as saying he has no idea how to become a good road team. WTF?!! I don't know what more evidence anyone would need to know Sing is not up to the job.
  • dugo
  • Veteran
I say smith no doubt...Time to sit his azz down...he's a dumptruck and continues to lose game for us...Nate's play was stupid stupid stupid , but I can't see laying the blame on him, if smith would of led the offence and put some points up nate stupid play wouldn't of mattered It was Smith who can't produce, lead the offence, make accurate throws,keep from throwing bonehead interceptions,and just makes bad decisions everygame......Time for him to be benched, cut and lets move on...
[ Edited by dugo on Oct 3, 2010 at 2:09 PM ]

• Axl49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NattoNiner:
For the last time, it's all Singletary. And he will be fired today. You numbskulls still don't get it.

AGAIN i say did mike fumble and throw those picks himself out there. I swear i didnt see him out there ooohh maybe it was willis who did those mistakes ok my bad i apologize.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
We had the game one, but CLEMENTS f**ked us over
The niners
Share 49ersWebzone