Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Bobbi9698:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
I hope racheal quits

I hope Alex quits.

me too

In favor of WHO? David Carr? There's a real upgrade!@#@!!?

I really don't care who at this point I'm just sick and tired of watching that loser play.

Is it too much to hope for any fan that starts hoping players quit follow them out the door?

I don't want Lewis to quit, but he makes it extremely easy to watch him go. NORMALLY, I like him on the field. He's a liability a lot of the time he's on Passing Defense, but it was something I could live with because he's generally one of the tacklers around the ball carrier at the end of the play.

But if he's going to lose perspective and whine about wanting to be traded, then good riddance.

3 players want to be gone. 1 of them because GOD told him his time in the NFL is done. I don't believe that but whatever gets him through the day. Lewis on the other hand WILLINGLY took a pay cut. Why? Because he knows his time as an every down Starter is fast coming to a close and he was worried he would not be put in the same role with ANY team he signed with if he got cut.

Don't kid yourselves. His motivation was to be an every down Starter. That's it. He took a load on the chin just like everyone else on this Defense this past Sunday. He has concussion issues and he could just as easily be sitting on the sidelines collecting his game checks while we're trying to get Mays up to speed cause we HAVE TO.

Oh and btw? His time was being LIMITED, he was not benched for the full game. This is nothing more than a temper tantrum because Mikie wants to play and he's not going to be the Starter for this game.

~Ceadder

I'd bet the house when they made him take his pay cut, they told him "don't take this cut and you'll sit on your sofa until November and then you'll make the vet minimum to help someone in the last couple weeks; but take this cut and we'll let you start while Mays learns the ropes." And I'll bet the house again (easy to do since it's about to be foreclosed!) he took this to mean "you'll start all season while Mays learns behind you."

When Sing put him straight, he felt betrayed! Understandable, but chickens..t, none-the-less.

I agree. Good Riddance. It would be nice to have a feel for how the team in general feels with whats going on. P Willis, Gore... some of the guys who have been here and earned something. But my feeling in general is that this was coming as soon as Mays was drafted. When Lewis took his pay cut and his contract was reduced to ONE year it was because he was not going to play here after this year. I think he knows his time is limited and he feels that this team can not win this year... so he is trying to whine his way to a winner.

Balmer worse player same situation... Coffee is a whole nother story that i am totally cool with. Balmer and Lewis are the issues, but their situation is not unique. This stuff happens with every team. Look at San Diego with all the issues they are having... Brandon Marshall in Denver... Randy Moss in NE... Revis in NY.... the DIFFERENcE? THOSE ARE GOOD PLAYERS!!! SD is hurting because they have really good players who have quit their team.... but yet we go nuts because an old, one dimensional slow as hell Safety is mad because someone younger, faster and more athletic is going to be taking away his playing time.... seriously?

SF - Michael Lewis = improvement.
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
3 scrubs

Fixed.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Ultimately, brains defeats brawn.

Its not bad to have a coach like Singletary, as long as you have another guy who can manage the team behind the scenes.

Singletary couldn't even recognize Patrick Willis's talents in college. He can't recognize bad quarterbacking, nor the importance of good quarterbacking.

Walsh could; times 1,000.

Bill Walsh on Rick Mirer...
This thing could blow up in the next two weeks. There's a good chance that Atlanta will blow the 49ers away, and the following week Andy Reid will go through the daily ritual of showing 49er fans what a real coach looks like. PS, Reid pulled the plug on Kolb in two weeks, it's going on over 6 years with Smith and management is still trying to figure out if he's the man.
Remove Glen Coffee from this discussion altogether. His decision had absolutely nothing to do with the organization.

So now we're talking about Balmer and Michael Lewis. Screw them.
And by no means grant his release. If he wants to quit on the team, he can spend the rest of the season on the bench, then test his luck in the offseason.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
This thing could blow up in the next two weeks. There's a good chance that Atlanta will blow the 49ers away, and the following week Andy Reid will go through the daily ritual of showing 49er fans what a real coach looks like. PS, Reid pulled the plug on Kolb in two weeks, it's going on over 6 years with Smith and management is still trying to figure out if he's the man.

f**k, this is depressing. This whole season has been worse than a disaster, there's not even a word to describe it.
Originally posted by sspiker:
And by no means grant his release. If he wants to quit on the team, he can spend the rest of the season on the bench, then test his luck in the offseason.

I'm with you on this one. Plus I would fine him for everyday he doesn't show up
Originally posted by IstruckG0LDS0N:

Its not bad to have a coach like Singletary, as long as you have another guy who can manage the team behind the scenes.

Singletary couldn't even recognize Patrick Willis's talents in college. He can't recognize bad quarterbacking, nor the importance of good quarterbacking.

And I could name you dozens of examples where Bill Walsh's judgment was sound, excellent, or even visionary. For some reason people have the misperception that greatness is perfect, or stupidity never finds a gold nugget.

Posting an article that refers to an instance where Walsh was wrong doesn't invalidate the many times, especially in comparison with his contemporaries, where he was right.

Singletary doesn't have a comparable track record of good judgment.
[ Edited by LA9erFan on Oct 1, 2010 at 9:40 PM ]
Peace out Lewis. I wish you no luck, and I'm glad to see you leaving.

Originally posted by NinerGM:
What troubles me most is something Maiocco alluded to; Singletary was being pressured from above. When the owners or upper management start to meddle in the product on the field, I start to get really worried. However, I don't think it would be an issue if the team was winning. Success breeds success.

We can clean house but the Yorks are going to have to pay a either a GM or a HC a LOT of money. Remember Baalke's official title isn't GM.

The team is in total disarray whether you believe Lewis or not. Perception is reality. The only thing that will help is if the team rattles off 4 wins in a row. We'll see if that's possible; highly unlikely.

Well it's a bad thing when the owner can see the things that your HC can't. Lewis's lack of speed was losing us games. Our team is a friggin mess but atleast we got a little better with replacing Lewis.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
What troubles me most is something Maiocco alluded to; Singletary was being pressured from above. When the owners or upper management start to meddle in the product on the field, I start to get really worried. However, I don't think it would be an issue if the team was winning. Success breeds success.

We can clean house but the Yorks are going to have to pay a either a GM or a HC a LOT of money. Remember Baalke's official title isn't GM.

The team is in total disarray whether you believe Lewis or not. Perception is reality. The only thing that will help is if the team rattles off 4 wins in a row. We'll see if that's possible; highly unlikely.

Highly.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by IstruckG0LDS0N:

And I could name you dozens of examples where Bill Walsh's judgment was sound, excellent, or even visionary. For some reason people have the misperception that greatness is perfect, or stupidity never finds a gold nugget.

Posting an article that refers to an instance where Walsh was wrong doesn't invalidate the many times, especially in comparison with his contemporaries, where he was right.

Singletary doesn't have a comparable track record of good judgment.

im just saying that the past is done, its not every coming back and i read on here way to many comparisons between then and now. i just want it to stop, there will never be a Bill Walsh again and to compare him to anyone is stupid. the greats make mistakes too and we need to realize that back then the league was different.

this team has potential and we're all giving up to early, remember that we play in the NFC West...
Wouldn't it be a b***h for these 3 losers if we completely turned this ship around and went far into the playoffs??
Let me know when someone actually worth having quits.
Share 49ersWebzone