There are 207 users in the forums

OFFICIAL: Players deciding to quit team counter

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Seems to me that patience is really running thin with this organization. Sing is scared to death for his job and so he's going to be more critical of ANYONE who makes a mistake. I'm sure he sees the writing on the wall and he's bound to go the way of Mike Nolan unless things get better and PRONTO!

Stand by for more benching when players make a mistake.

And also standby for more finger pointing. Everyone will be trying to save their own butts and in the end ... things can get worse!
[ Edited by Kauaiguy on Oct 1, 2010 at 7:02 PM ]
it would be awesome if alex and singletary both quit, but not all dreams do come true
Originally posted by WestCoast:
it would be awesome if alex and singletary both quit, but not all dreams do come true

And the Yorks.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by WestCoast:

And the Yorks.

I would think Jed York would be ok if s**t keeps hitting the fan, hopefully he would be forced to hire a real coach with a history of winning and stop hiring all these f**king dip s**ts.
This has become amateur hour...on steroids.

You can say that Coffee was loopy and Balmer was a malcontent. However, Lewis is a very well-respected guy on the team and around the league. He is not a playmaker on defense, but is a reliable, steady guy who usually is second or third in team tackles. He is a good guy and liked in the locker room.

The issue is not his loss of the starting role, but how this is exposing the serious flaws in this franchise. Any time a professional like Lewis demands to get the blank out of town, after three games, there must be many more who feel the same.

As stated last week, Singletary runs a serious risk of losing the team. The cracks look deep with this latest revelation.

This is a flat-out embarrassing situation, plain and simple. How much more humiliation can the franchise take before they boot the pants-dropper? I think Singletary is gone in two games if the team goes 0-5.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

You can say that Coffee was loopy and Balmer was a malcontent. However, Lewis is a very well-respected guy on the team and around the league. He is not a playmaker on defense, but is a reliable, steady guy who usually is second or third in team tackles. He is a good guy and liked in the locker room.

The issue is not his loss of the starting role, but how this is exposing the serious flaws in this franchise. Any time a professional like Lewis demands to get the blank out of town, after three games, there must be many more who feel the same.

As stated last week, Singletary runs a serious risk of losing the team. The cracks look deep with this latest revelation.

This is a flat-out embarrassing situation, plain and simple. How much more humiliation can the franchise take before they boot the pants-dropper? I think Singletary is gone in two games if the team goes 0-5.

Yep. And this on the heels of a former player saying that the Niners were the most disorganized team he's been around, including High School.

It could be sour grapes, but in context with everything else I think that's unlikely. This is the same Michael Lewis that took a significant paycut at the beginning of the season, and as you said, he's already established himself in the league. This isn't some young kid who doesn't have his head on straight.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

Yep. And this on the heels of a former player saying that the Niners were the most disorganized team he's been around, including High School.

It could be sour grapes, but in context with everything else I think that's unlikely. This is the same Michael Lewis that took a significant paycut at the beginning of the season, and as you said, he's already established himself in the league. This isn't some young kid who doesn't have his head on straight.

its a little troubling but i wouldnt start worrying till a player worth something speaks up
I don't buy that someone is dictating to Singletary which moves to make. I think he is simply an amateur coach who says one thing, thinks about it a bit and then decides something else. He hasn't handled these difficult situations well, which might cause him to lose the locker room, though at the same time, I'm glad that the guys who have left are gone. Michael Lewis should have been released in the offseason. Singletary has to start thinking before he speaks rather than blurting out whatever comes to mind. Even if it means being noncommittal up front, it's better than being perceived as a flake, especially when it comes to people's jobs. He'd better learn that lesson fast or he won't be an NFL coach for long. Everyone thought the Xs and Os would be his demise; who knew it would be bad politics?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

I don't think Yorky boy has the balls to fire Sing during the season.
  • bret
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Bobbi9698:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
I hope racheal quits

I hope Alex quits.

me too

In favor of WHO? David Carr? There's a real upgrade!@#@!!?

I really don't care who at this point I'm just sick and tired of watching that loser play.

Is it too much to hope for any fan that starts hoping players quit follow them out the door?

I don't want Lewis to quit, but he makes it extremely easy to watch him go. NORMALLY, I like him on the field. He's a liability a lot of the time he's on Passing Defense, but it was something I could live with because he's generally one of the tacklers around the ball carrier at the end of the play.

But if he's going to lose perspective and whine about wanting to be traded, then good riddance.

3 players want to be gone. 1 of them because GOD told him his time in the NFL is done. I don't believe that but whatever gets him through the day. Lewis on the other hand WILLINGLY took a pay cut. Why? Because he knows his time as an every down Starter is fast coming to a close and he was worried he would not be put in the same role with ANY team he signed with if he got cut.

Don't kid yourselves. His motivation was to be an every down Starter. That's it. He took a load on the chin just like everyone else on this Defense this past Sunday. He has concussion issues and he could just as easily be sitting on the sidelines collecting his game checks while we're trying to get Mays up to speed cause we HAVE TO.

Oh and btw? His time was being LIMITED, he was not benched for the full game. This is nothing more than a temper tantrum because Mikie wants to play and he's not going to be the Starter for this game.

~Ceadder

I'd bet the house when they made him take his pay cut, they told him "don't take this cut and you'll sit on your sofa until November and then you'll make the vet minimum to help someone in the last couple weeks; but take this cut and we'll let you start while Mays learns the ropes." And I'll bet the house again (easy to do since it's about to be foreclosed!) he took this to mean "you'll start all season while Mays learns behind you."

When Sing put him straight, he felt betrayed! Understandable, but chickens..t, none-the-less.

• Jiks
Originally posted by LeadFarmer:

its a little troubling but i wouldnt start worrying till a player worth something speaks up

I don't think a player needs to speak out, I thinks it's kind of shown on the field. I'm worried by the lack of organization against the Hawks and the Chiefs. We just seemed to have no gameplan what-so-ever. Or even any back-up plans. We seemed lost. That right there is what's is troubling. Kind of makes you wonder.

I think this Lewis drama will all be forgotten with a win this Sunday.
Originally posted by Bobbi9698:
I hope racheal quits

I hope Alex quits.

me too

In favor of WHO? David Carr? There's a real upgrade!@#@!!?

I really don't care who at this point I'm just sick and tired of watching that loser play.

a loser that has accomplished more than you, me or anyone else on this board...
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by verb1der:

I think this Lewis drama will all be forgotten with a win this Sunday.

Alex Smith lead teams don't beat quality teams on the road.
Ultimately, brains defeats brawn.

Its not bad to have a coach like Singletary, as long as you have another guy who can manage the team behind the scenes.

Singletary couldn't even recognize Patrick Willis's talents in college. He can't recognize bad quarterbacking, nor the importance of good quarterbacking.

Walsh could; times 1,000.
Share 49ersWebzone