There are 312 users in the forums

OFFICIAL: Players deciding to quit team counter

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Remember when Nolan or was it Ronnie Lott talking about bad smell in the locker room?

I think its back.
So your role gets reduced and you quit, sounds like it's the players problem not the team.
Originally posted by jrg:
@ you guys

Yeah, what's up with all you guys noticing problems with the team?

You have to ignore them, turn your head and cheerlead in gameday threads and continue quoting your cheerleading post as if it makes the slightest bit of difference or your fanhood will be questioned.

Your posts either look like this:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
GO NINERS!

or you're a fake fan!

NO DISCUSSIONS INVOLVING THE TRUTH ARE ALLOWED!
Tom Coughlin had a similar smell in his locker room then they go and win the SB the next year.

winning cures everything..We need that first win bad!!
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Tom Coughlin had a similar smell in his locker room then they go and win the SB the next year.

Tom Coughlin had a competent QB, a very good defense led by a D-Line full of beasts and a good running game. We have none of those at the moment.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Hey 49erRider, the Yorks love fans like him. Just keep going out to the game, even if we're 4-12, sip on some wine while telling all the young, energetic folk to keep it down because it's ruining their wining experience. No direction? No problem! Haven't been to the playoffs in a decade? Who cares? Don't question the team...it's the same approach Singletary has. A reporter asks him a question and he snaps, saying something like, "We WILL destroy the Saints. We WILL do this. We WILL do that," like he's too good to be criticized or asked questions. It's OK though I guess, because this seems to be working. I mean we're coming off a Super Bowl season last year and this year we came out strong...3-0...oh wait...
[ Edited by B650 on Oct 1, 2010 at 4:16 PM ]
Originally posted by 49erRider:

Tom Coughlin had a competent QB, a very good defense led by a D-Line full of beasts and a good running game. We have none of those at the moment.

not the year before his coaching ability was in question...then th Sb year they got hot at the end of the year.. i believe they were a wild card or had to play the wild card so they were good enough to get a bye
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by 49erRider:

not the year before his coaching ability was in question...then th Sb year they got hot at the end of the year.. i believe they were a wild card or had to play the wild card so they were good enough to get a bye

Coughlin also had a winning record in Jacksonville he took them to a championship game, Sing has no coaching success in his history.
Originally posted by B650:
Hey 49erRider, the Yorks love fans like him. Just keep going out to the game, even if we're 4-12, sip on some wine while telling all the young, energetic folk to keep it down because it's ruining their wining experience. No direction? No problem! Haven't been to the playoffs in a decade? Who cares? Don't question the team...it's the same approach Singletary has. A reporter asks him a question and he snaps, saying something like, "We WILL destroy the Saints. We WILL do this. We WILL do that," like he's too good to be criticized or asked questions. It's OK though I guess, because this seems to be working. I mean we're coming off a Super Bowl season last year and this year we came out strong...3-0...oh wait...

The problem I have with him is he has the nerve to question other people as fans because their eyes are actually open and they see the crap being put on the field. You don't have to be a tool to be a fan of the team. Not everything they do is right, and in our case, most things they do are wrong. If he wants to cheerlead inside a thread on a website, cool, but don't question others for noticing and discussing the bullsh*t going on.

And you're right.. He's the type of guy the Yorks would love - if he actually went to the games. They do nothing to make the team better, but they have a bunch of homer fans that are still going to line their pockets with green. Seeing as how they don't care about the team to begin with, what's going to make them gain an interest? They're making their money regardless.
I agree everyone keeps saying balmer and coffee quit,balmer sucked,the coaches knew it and he knew hed never start,and coffee would have retired no matter what team he would have been on,for all he knew he probably thought we were a playoff team just like everyone else thought we were gonna be.

Originally posted by valrod33:

Hahaha, you know it's bad when we start using Cruisin' gifs!!!
This is getting ridiculous. If this ownership thinks it's going to put together financing for a billion dollar stadium in the midst of the worse recession in 80 years, it might want to consider getting an NFL-quality professional front office to put in place an NFL-quality professional coaching staff to field a FREAKING NFL-QUALITY TEAM for the first time in 8 FREAKING YEARS!!!
Originally posted by Robert:
This is getting ridiculous. If this ownership thinks it's going to put together financing for a billion dollar stadium in the midst of the worse recession in 80 years, it might want to consider getting an NFL-quality professional front office to put in place an NFL-quality professional coaching staff to field a FREAKING NFL-QUALITY TEAM for the first time in 8 FREAKING YEARS!!!

this post was down right poetic
thank god he quit. he's f**king horrible. the last play he made was against the bears, a play that should've been an easy TD to Olsen to win the game but he got a pick due to the bad throw.

i can't believe people are against this move. lewis was a total liability in our pass defense, singletary benches him, and now he pouts and wants out. where is the problem? let this f**king bum walk and get people out there who can help our defense.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Bobbi9698:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
I hope racheal quits

I hope Alex quits.

me too

In favor of WHO? David Carr? There's a real upgrade!@#@!!?

I really don't care who at this point I'm just sick and tired of watching that loser play.

Is it too much to hope for any fan that starts hoping players quit follow them out the door?

I don't want Lewis to quit, but he makes it extremely easy to watch him go. NORMALLY, I like him on the field. He's a liability a lot of the time he's on Passing Defense, but it was something I could live with because he's generally one of the tacklers around the ball carrier at the end of the play.

But if he's going to lose perspective and whine about wanting to be traded, then good riddance.

3 players want to be gone. 1 of them because GOD told him his time in the NFL is done. I don't believe that but whatever gets him through the day. Lewis on the other hand WILLINGLY took a pay cut. Why? Because he knows his time as an every down Starter is fast coming to a close and he was worried he would not be put in the same role with ANY team he signed with if he got cut.

Don't kid yourselves. His motivation was to be an every down Starter. That's it. He took a load on the chin just like everyone else on this Defense this past Sunday. He has concussion issues and he could just as easily be sitting on the sidelines collecting his game checks while we're trying to get Mays up to speed cause we HAVE TO.

Oh and btw? His time was being LIMITED, he was not benched for the full game. This is nothing more than a temper tantrum because Mikie wants to play and he's not going to be the Starter for this game.

~Ceadder
Share 49ersWebzone