There are 298 users in the forums

49ers need steady leadership, not panic (ESPN Article)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Nice read
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Originally posted by Otter:
Everybody blaming the losses on Alex Smith needs to look at the team as a whole and stop blaming ONLY him. He has not played well in 2 out of the 3 games, but he did play very well against the Saints. Oddly enough, the 2 out of 3 games he didnt play well, neither did the offensive line. This all points back to coaching, and I hope that firing Raye will get this stuff corrected because our players have shown that they can play when put in the right situation.

I cant wait to see what happens with Johnson as OC on Sunday.

This is what I don't get. Our top 10 defense has given up 31, 25, and 31 points and yet everyone is calling for Smith's head. The response is that they can only defend for so long, if Alex played better so would the defense.

If you flipped that around it would be dismissed as an Alexcuse. so do we need to start calling these defenscuses now?

Agreed, and if I have to watch another 20 yard screen go against our defense with ease, I am going to rip my hair out.

Seconded. This Alexcuse crap is just stupid. Last week we were playing frickin' Matt Cassel. The guy is a freaking bum, and we were roasted by him. Hasselbeck is nothing special. He's thrown more INT's than TD's this season. Seattle's ST's bailed them out last week. We got torched by Matt, too.

The defense is there for a reason, and ours is not doing it's job thus far. I like the word you used there. Gave me a chuckle. .. "Defensexcuses" ..
Member Milestone: This is post number 600 for AlohaBruh.
Originally posted by tohara3:
Nice read
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by Otter:
Everybody blaming the losses on Alex Smith needs to look at the team as a whole and stop blaming ONLY him. He has not played well in 2 out of the 3 games, but he did play very well against the Saints. Oddly enough, the 2 out of 3 games he didnt play well, neither did the offensive line. This all points back to coaching, and I hope that firing Raye will get this stuff corrected because our players have shown that they can play when put in the right situation.

I cant wait to see what happens with Johnson as OC on Sunday.

This is what I don't get. Our top 10 defense has given up 31, 25, and 31 points and yet everyone is calling for Smith's head. The response is that they can only defend for so long, if Alex played better so would the defense.

If you flipped that around it would be dismissed as an Alexcuse. so do we need to start calling these defenscuses now?

Agreed, and if I have to watch another 20 yard screen go against our defense with ease, I am going to rip my hair out.

Seconded. This Alexcuse crap is just stupid. Last week we were playing frickin' Matt Cassel. The guy is a freaking bum, and we were roasted by him. Hasselbeck is nothing special. He's thrown more INT's than TD's this season. Seattle's ST's bailed them out last week. We got torched by Matt, too.

The defense is there for a reason, and ours is not doing it's job thus far. I like the word you used there. Gave me a chuckle. .. "Defensexcuses" ..

The defense stops caring when the offense doesn't put up a cohesive drive all game.
Share 49ersWebzone