There are 155 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

QBs we could have had.....

QBs we could have had.....

When thinking about what our draft/FA options are for 2011 if we need to replace our QB are, it got me wondering how many times we could have fixed this issue since 2005.

Here are some of the players we very realistically could have had, and what it would have cost us, if we had pulled the trigger on trades that other teams did, or drafted differently.

Given the cost and where our team was at the given time, which do you think would have been the best choice?
I like smith (somewhat) but actually, that is sad.
In March 2005 I wanted the Niners to draft Ronnie Brown or Braylon Edwards...and save QB for 2006

By March 2006 I wanted Jay Cutler over Leinart and Young. We could have drafted Cutler(about the same draft position with a Rattay led 2005 squad is a safe assumption)

In 2009 I could not believe Cutler was going to be available again. I wanted him really bad but knew the Niners did not have the balls to make that trade.

After Cutler joined the Bears I wanted the Niners to draft Sanchez but knew they still were in love with Alex
Michael Vick
Interesting theory, never heard that one before.
Originally posted by 49erman723:
Interesting theory, never heard that one before.

Aaron Rodgers
Originally posted by valrod33:
Michael Vick

thats a good one, because that would not have cost us anybody else. Our exact same roster could be present except with Vick at the helm. Technically we could still have Alex Smith along with Vick
OMFG GUISE YOU LEFT OFF TOM BRADY!!! WE TOTALLY SHOULD HAVE DRAFTED HIM TOO!!!!
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Michael Vick

thats a good one, because that would not have cost us anybody else. Our exact same roster could be present except with Vick at the helm. Technically we could still have Alex Smith along with Vick

Exactly
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

except everything else listed is realistic. People were suggesting all the above when in those time frames. In the Brady draft Tom Brady was not generally discussed by Niner fans. See the difference?
In March 2005 I wanted the Niners to draft Ronnie Brown or Braylon Edwards...and save QB for 2006

By March 2006 I wanted Jay Cutler over Leinart and Young. We could have drafted Cutler(about the same draft position with a Rattay led 2005 squad is a safe assumption)

In 2009 I could not believe Cutler was going to be available again. I wanted him really bad but knew the Niners did not have the balls to make that trade.

After Cutler joined the Bears I wanted the Niners to draft Sanchez but knew they still were in love with Alex

Yeah, I didn't include Cutler in the draft because I figured most would still take VD.

I'm not necessarily one of those, but I tried to only include trades/draft picks that could really have happened and that people might have preferred to reality.

Personally, even with his breakout years, I would have rather had Cutler than VD because QB is so much more critical than TE though.

We never had a shot at Sanchez though. He went 5th and we had the 10th pick.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

except everything else listed is realistic. People were suggesting all the above when in those time frames. In the Brady draft Tom Brady was not generally discussed by Niner fans. See the difference?

Exactly, these are just slightly different draft decisions. And/or trades that REALLY happened, where we had the draft picks to make the same trades and what those trades would have cost us.