Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Week 1: headset malfunctioning
Week 2: we beat ourselves today
Week 3: it must be Jimmy Raye's fault
I thought it would be a good idea to help Sing by providing some ready made excuses. He is burning through them like wildfire, so im sure that they will come in handy later in the season.
1. Wristband malfunctioning
2. We were too easy to prepare for
3. The 85 Bears system wasnt the best system to come out of the 80s, duh
4. I just fired my OC, its gonna take some time
5. The O-line needs time to gel
6. The coaching staff needs time to gel
7. Damn Ronnie Lott wont quit outmotivating opposing team
8. I just installed a new system, its called Score Touchdowns, players havent learned it yet
9. Missed lunch, too busy for halftime adjustments
Honestly, I think this is all BS.
I dunno if Sing is gonna be a good HC in the NFL, but he isn't making any excuses. He answeres the questions that are asked of him and always says that its HIS fault as much as anyone elses that they are 0-3.
There is this public perception of Sing that gets a little old. He is the same guy he's always been, but thats boring if your trying to write a story about him. Its much mire entertaining to write a story about "Crazy" Mike Singletary.
The dude just wants to win and he makes the changes he thinks need to be made in order to do so. Is he wrong sometimes? Yes. Is he right sometimes? Yes (see Davis, Vernon).
He is the first guy to take the heat when they lose.