There are 54 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Article by Ann killion 49ers

This artcle was bad but also brought out facts.

Where is Jed York in all of this? Haven't heard one peep from him. He was all over the TV when they were talking about the stadium deal, but where is he now that drama is present? Back in the day, you would have seen Eddie D defending his coach and the players. Jed is young and probably panicking right now figuring out what to do. Maybe asking Mom and Dad for some advice and we all know where that will probably go.

They need an NFL owner who knows his s**t. They need a real GM. and a proven head coach to be able to utilize the 49ers talent now. Our talent won't be on this team forever. Soon players will give up on the team and want to go elsewhere for less to be on a better team and no one will want to come SF. We just started to get back positive national spotlight again and the way the season is going now we will lose it and go back to the dark days once again. A bad team with so much talent. Alot of us fans don't want to wait another 10 years before we get to another superbowl.
What we need is a GM who is hired before the HC is hired.

Nolan owned Scott because Scott became the GM when Nolan was already to be established as having the last word. The roles were gray.

Scott gets fired while Singletary is the HC and we promote within meaning Singletary previously had a stronger role than Baalke so that dynamic is, once again, not clearly defined.

If Sing is out, then Baalke needs to be the sole person who hires our next head coach so that it is Baalke's head that's responsible for what the HC does. Right now, Baalke has none to little responsibility because Singletary was Jed's hire.

We have never had a GM with the power to do to who's underneath him similar to what Singletary did to Raye.
Originally posted by Joecool:

Nolan owned Scott because Scott became the GM when Nolan was already to be established as having the last word. The roles were gray.

Scott gets fired while Singletary is the HC and we promote within meaning Singletary previously had a stronger role than Baalke so that dynamic is, once again, not clearly defined.

If Sing is out, then Baalke needs to be the sole person who hires our next head coach so that it is Baalke's head that's responsible for what the HC does. Right now, Baalke has none to little responsibility because Singletary was Jed's hire.

We have never had a GM with the power to do to who's underneath him similar to what Singletary did to Raye.

i had mentioned this in the "possible coaches" thread. we need someone at the top to take command and hire his people and draft his players. there is no true hierarchy-which leads to an unstable franchise (IMHO). we need to stop plugging people into these positions of importance-especially when these people might not share the same vision for building a winning team with their superiors/subordinates.
Originally posted by 76Razor:

i had mentioned this in the "possible coaches" thread. we need someone at the top to take command and hire his people and draft his players. there is no true hierarchy-which leads to an unstable franchise (IMHO). we need to stop plugging people into these positions of importance-especially when these people might not share the same vision for building a winning team with their superiors/subordinates.

100%

We need to hire a GM with a philosophy that is delegated down and his philosophy is how this team goes. We don't need to hire a HC and allow his philosophy to control people above him.

100%

We need to hire a GM with a philosophy that is delegated down and his philosophy is how this team goes. We don't need to hire a HC and allow his philosophy to control people above him.

I think this is a general rule but not always set in stone. Walsh certainly had more power than McVay. The key was they worked together and both agreed on a vision and brought players who Walsh could develop and mold into his system. The problem I think is you don't have the in-house expertise or organizational team-work to pull off the visions. In addition you have players who's strengths are not founded in a "ground and bound" game.

So either you have to adjust to your talent or you have to bring in new talent. Either you are open to brining in expertise and holding players and coaches accountable for talent development, or you be willing to change overall philosophical approach - this is on both offense and defense.
[ Edited by NinerGM on Sep 29, 2010 at 1:08 PM ]
Who didn't know Mike Singletary was "inexperienced" as a head coach. The NFL is full of reject coaches who had great resumes but couldn't lead a pee wee football team.

When stuff is going bad the haters come out. The Yorks are not going to fire Singletary during the season unless the Niners start staring 0-16 in the face.

I'm as disappointed as anyone with the Niners, but I'm not ready to abandon ship. Let the "rats" go first.

That said, I'm expecting the team to be 0-4 after this week.
Originally posted by NinerGM:

100%

I think this is a general rule but not always set in stone. Walsh certainly had more power than McVay. The key was they worked together and both agreed on a vision and brought players who Walsh could develop and mold into his system. The problem I think is you don't have the in-house expertise or organizational team-work to pull off the visions. In addition you have players who's strengths are not founded in a "ground and bound" game.

So either you have to adjust to your talent or you have to bring in new talent. Either you are open to brining in expertise and holding players and coaches accountable for talent development, or you be willing to change overall philosophical approach - this is on both offense and defense.

good points. i'm not sure if jed would be the one to do this, but if we axed everyone and if we decided to have baalke run the show, in an interview, wouldn't they ask him to asses the current roster and see if there was a coach who could work with it and the upgrades (via draft/FA)? a sort of key to our lock? that sounded gay.

if not jed, who? i mean, if you axe everyone, do you leave the hiring to maranthe (sp?)?
Originally posted by Baldie:
This artcle was bad but also brought out facts.

Where is Jed York in all of this? Haven't heard one peep from him. He was all over the TV when they were talking about the stadium deal, but where is he now that drama is present? Back in the day, you would have seen Eddie D defending his coach and the players. Jed is young and probably panicking right now figuring out what to do. Maybe asking Mom and Dad for some advice and we all know where that will probably go.

They need an NFL owner who knows his s**t. They need a real GM. and a proven head coach to be able to utilize the 49ers talent now. Our talent won't be on this team forever. Soon players will give up on the team and want to go elsewhere for less to be on a better team and no one will want to come SF. We just started to get back positive national spotlight again and the way the season is going now we will lose it and go back to the dark days once again. A bad team with so much talent. Alot of us fans don't want to wait another 10 years before we get to another superbowl.

You will never see a Super Bowl under the Yorks. I don't even think you will see the playoffs. The only playoff team they had was the last regimes coach and the last regimes players. And they fired and cut all those guys.
Originally posted by Ohio49er:
Who didn't know Mike Singletary was "inexperienced" as a head coach. The NFL is full of reject coaches who had great resumes but couldn't lead a pee wee football team.

When stuff is going bad the haters come out. The Yorks are not going to fire Singletary during the season unless the Niners start staring 0-16 in the face.

I'm as disappointed as anyone with the Niners, but I'm not ready to abandon ship. Let the "rats" go first.

That said, I'm expecting the team to be 0-4 after this week.

stopping picking on mike 'the rat' johnson. have some respect for our coaching stuff.
Originally posted by redmanc07:
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Originally posted by GhostOfKezar:
Originally posted by DRnSFw:
MAN..I knew this Hiring was gonna backfire..We should've waited to see the market..Now we missed on Shanahan, Holmgren, the only possibiltiy if Sing and Johnson fail is Gruden..

I miss the 80's & 90's 49ers..when we had a vision

There's Cowher!

Cowher's a east coast guy. He won't relocate out west.

And thats based off what? Because he coached the Steelers he will not go to SF to coach? So Shannny would never go to Denver especially a place as far as DC

Do your damn homework and stop fantasizing.
Originally posted by MBniner:
MAN..I knew this Hiring was gonna backfire..We should've waited to see the market..Now we missed on Shanahan, Holmgren, the only possibiltiy if Sing and Johnson fail is Gruden..

There's Cowher!

That is an ignorant and misinformed statement. How do you know? And if you pay someone some serious cash, they will pretty much move anywhere.

Ignorant, huh? Just like I told the other guy, do your homework. Many football analyst have talked about this very issue over the last couple of years so fantasize all you want. Not everyone are money whores.

There's Cowher!

That is an ignorant and misinformed statement. How do you know? And if you pay someone some serious cash, they will pretty much move anywhere.

Ignorant, huh? Just like I told the other guy, do your homework. Many football analyst have talked about this very issue over the last couple of years so fantasize all you want. Not everyone are money whores.

So, you are telling me if the Forks ponied up a bunch of cash, he wouldn't come to a team that is pretty loaded with talent (minus QB) because he doesn't like the West Coast. Because he's an "East Coast guy?" What does that even mean? Football coaches move all over the country. And he coached in KC, which is not exactly East Coast. That is just a dumb statement.
  • GORO
  • Veteran

Yeah I'm tired of Defensive minded coaches fing up this team. Gruden would be a good addition to us. I would not mind keeping Manusky and Solari and Rathman

There's Cowher!

So, you are telling me if the Forks ponied up a bunch of cash, he wouldn't come to a team that is pretty loaded with talent (minus QB) because he doesn't like the West Coast. Because he's an "East Coast guy?" What does that even mean? Football coaches move all over the country. And he coached in KC, which is not exactly East Coast. That is just a dumb statement.

You sure like throwing titles at people like Dumb and ignorant, you don't even know me fool. Commentators, analysts and sources close to the Coach have talked about this on numerous occasions, stating that he will not take a job out west due to his family and homes he's bought in that region. Other people in NT have spoken about too. WTF is your sht based on? Like I said, not everyone are money whores. Maybe you're basing that off of what you would do. Just because it doesn't make since to you, doesn't mean it's stupid or ignorant, and I'm far from that.

I never said sht to you dude, if you have a problem with me, man up and say what it's about - disrespect me and I'll disrespect you back. You need to get over what ever f*ck'n problems you are bringing to NT.

Originally posted by GORO:

Yeah I'm tired of Defensive minded coaches fing up this team. Gruden would be a good addition to us. I would not mind keeping Manusky and Solari and Rathman

I think so. I would like to see an offensive minded coach who can establish his system so we won't be so damn dependent on offensive coordinators who for various reasons we don't hold onto. I'm trying to have faith in Singletary but the writing is on the wall. Gruden seems like an awfully good choice to me. He was a tuck rule away from taking the Raiders to the dance and then won it with Tampa. That team slipped in his last years mainly because that great defense just got old all at once. Plus, Gruden's lineage is awfully appealing for a Niner fan. But he seems to be doing very well on MNF and may decide like Madden did that the booth is far less stressful than returning to the field.