LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 261 users in the forums

Who gets benched?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
No, not replace, rotate with him. Also, why not have both on the field sometimes...that would created instant mismatches. My point is, Westbrook's just wasting away on the sidelines and needs to get quality touches to be effective.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
No, not replace, rotate with him. Also, why not have both on the field sometimes...that would created instant mismatches. My point is, Westbrook's just wasting away on the sidelines and needs to get quality touches to be effective.

okay i got thrown off when i saw "supplant" in that sentence. I agree with you. we need to get westbrook on the field more
  • Otter
  • Veteran

You mean 3 touches in 3 games isn't enough?!?!?
Norris shouldn't be benched, he should be cut. Use the roster spot for another ILB.

Anthony Davis, Parys Haralson & Michael Lewis should both be benched, and maybe Chilo as well. With Davis I would give him another chance to start and try to rotate help to his side, and if then, if he struggles, bring in Sims. Haralson is invisible, I'm not sure what he does at all. Lewis just seems to be behind every play that comes his way. Let Reggie Smith get a chance.

After all that, what we need is preparation and the ability to adjust in-game.
  • dmax
  • Veteran
Snyder for that waste of space rachal
  • dmax
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kray28:
People calling for Smith to be benched might either be retarded or not real fans.

I think their both

I agree

I want to see some packages with Gore and Westbrook too ..maybe now we will limit how many times we send Frank up the middle, maybe run off tackle sometimes, some more quick slants, send Westbrook out in motion, "something" ....our running attack has been so predictable and boring, any team could see we are running up the middle the majority of the time ..and no more across the field passes into the flat that never work ..I got sick to my stomach watching them try to execute plays that failed that were designed for 3 yard gains ..Time to get the offense moving the ball
Chilo and Lewis definitely need to be benched. Lewis is fine in run support but absolutely gets torched in pass coverage. Not to mention he's slow. Opposing teams speed is killing our defense. Our secondary is over-rated, if thats even possible. I think the over achieviing of our front 7 last season disguised how bad the secondary is. Spencer would be a nickel back on any other team in the league. Clements has lost a step and shouldn't be starting either. He's too slow as well. Brown is alot like Goldson in he bites on any playaction all day. Goldson has so much potential, but damn he gets fooled so easily and again. Not to mention, his lack of speed really came out in that KC game. As for the line, over achievers, save Justin Smith. The LB's are over rated, save Willis. I like Spikes, but he's not that good.

Bench: Chilo, Lewis, Harylson and maybe Goldson (know i'm going to catch heat for Goldson but I think he's over-rated by fans. He's average at best. He has no speed and bites on playaction all day long)
Originally posted by Hollywood:
Chilo and Lewis definitely need to be benched. Lewis is fine in run support but absolutely gets torched in pass coverage. Not to mention he's slow. Opposing teams speed is killing our defense. Our secondary is over-rated, if thats even possible. I think the over achieviing of our front 7 last season disguised how bad the secondary is. Spencer would be a nickel back on any other team in the league. Clements has lost a step and shouldn't be starting either. He's too slow as well. Brown is alot like Goldson in he bites on any playaction all day. Goldson has so much potential, but damn he gets fooled so easily and again. Not to mention, his lack of speed really came out in that KC game. As for the line, over achievers, save Justin Smith. The LB's are over rated, save Willis. I like Spikes, but he's not that good.

Bench: Chilo, Lewis, Harylson and maybe Goldson (know i'm going to catch heat for Goldson but I think he's over-rated by fans. He's average at best. He has no speed and bites on playaction all day long)

The player lost in all this is Mays. He's the one who will give 1000% he's has the most to gain.
  • dj43
A question for those wanting Snyder to start over Rachal:

Other than the NO game where Snyder played for the injured Rachal and the entire line had its best performance, what has Snyder shown that leads you to feel he has played better than Rachal?

NOTE: Rachal had a very solid last 8 games of last season.

Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by NinerFan408:
i want norris and rachal off the field, if we NEED a lead blocker just put bynham at FB and put snyder at RG

Snyder has already shown us he has reached his potential. He has neither the strength nor the mobility of Rachal. Rachal has not yet reached his potential, and he won't get better sitting on the bench. He needs experience in a system that works. Let's hope that is the Mike Johnson system.

When we played the saints, the offense was able to move the ball with snyder at RG. Alex had time to make reads and throws.
  • dj43
i want norris and rachal off the field, if we NEED a lead blocker just put bynham at FB and put snyder at RG

Snyder has already shown us he has reached his potential. He has neither the strength nor the mobility of Rachal. Rachal has not yet reached his potential, and he won't get better sitting on the bench. He needs experience in a system that works. Let's hope that is the Mike Johnson system.

When we played the saints, the offense was able to move the ball with snyder at RG. Alex had time to make reads and throws.

I understand, however, the entire line (and team) played lights out that game. It wasn't just Adam Snyder playing that made Staley and Iupati better. Snyder was OK in that game.
A question for those wanting Snyder to start over Rachal:

Other than the NO game where Snyder played for the injured Rachal and the entire line had its best performance, what has Snyder shown that leads you to feel he has played better than Rachal?

NOTE: Rachal had a very solid last 8 games of last season.

I can't confirm or deny 8 solid games from Chilo, but it seems that more often than not, when we are running the ball, his man is the one getting in the backfield first. Seems he gets blown up by some no name DT time and time again. Maybe Snyder isn't the answer, but i'd like to see him there for more than one game to find out.
Rachel

Tarrel Brown

Moran Norris

Parys Haralson

Nate" The not so great" Clements

I understand, however, the entire line (and team) played lights out that game. It wasn't just Adam Snyder playing that made Staley and Iupati better. Snyder was OK in that game.

Snyders play helped elevate the rest of the O in my opinion.
Share 49ersWebzone