LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 399 users in the forums

Who gets benched?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by GoGetit:
Originally posted by 49erman723:
MICHAEL LEWIS YOU HAVE TAYLOR MAYS LET HIM GET SOME TIME HE IS FASTER BIGGER STRONGER THIS IS TRULY KILLING ME PEOPLE LEWIS IS TOO SLOW AND CANT COVER SO Y NOT LET MAYS PLAY? HE WILL MAKE LESS MISTAKES THAN LEWIS!

THANK YOU...Someone please listen.

this man has the most sense ive heard in awhile let mays get some playing time in atlanta lets see how he does when the falcons go deep on us and then they meet mr. mays
Originally posted by loud3800:
Originally posted by Youngone:
Crabtree needs to be benched. Sorry but if you are involved in 4 out of 5 interceptions, that says enough.

with most of those passes very poorly thrown by alex smith i dont think most are crabtrees fault

Like the first one in seattle that bounced off his hands? Or the one where Crab was the only WR and the LBer made a great play to tip it and it goes flying to wind up directly in Tracy Porter's hands?
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Crabtree needs to be benched. Sorry but if you are involved in 4 out of 5 interceptions, that says enough.

with most of those passes very poorly thrown by alex smith i dont think most are crabtrees fault

Like the first one in seattle that bounced off his hands? Or the one where Crab was the only WR and the LBer made a great play to tip it and it goes flying to wind up directly in Tracy Porter's hands?

those passes were thrown way higher than what they should have been smith never looks deep and always does a check down and stares at one receiver the whole time
alex smith and michael lewis get benched this week if they play poorly

those passes were thrown way higher than what they should have been smith never looks deep and always does a check down and stares at one receiver the whole time

lol watch WR are supposed to catch high passes, that is their job. look at any of these elite passers in the league, they rarely throw into the numbers but throw high passes that their receivers catch!. Smith is an average QB, but at least criticize the WR's for not doing their job.
[ Edited by skynet907 on Sep 27, 2010 at 11:59 PM ]
Originally posted by GoGetit:
Originally posted by 49erman723:
MICHAEL LEWIS YOU HAVE TAYLOR MAYS LET HIM GET SOME TIME HE IS FASTER BIGGER STRONGER THIS IS TRULY KILLING ME PEOPLE LEWIS IS TOO SLOW AND CANT COVER SO Y NOT LET MAYS PLAY? HE WILL MAKE LESS MISTAKES THAN LEWIS!

THANK YOU...Someone please listen.

this man has the most sense ive heard in awhile let mays get some playing time in atlanta lets see how he does when the falcons go deep on us and then they meet mr. mays

Were 0-3, why not. Even If he can't cover anybody and they get touchdowns all day on him, the hard hits he will deliver will be more entertaining than what I have been watching.

Bring in Gruden.
[ Edited by TheVoiceOfReason on Sep 28, 2010 at 12:07 AM ]
~ Chilo Rachal.
~ Moran Norris.
~ Michael Crabtree.
~ Takeo Spikes.
~ Parys Harralson.
~ Michael Lewis.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
~ Chilo Rachal.
~ Moran Norris.
~ Michael Crabtree.
~ Takeo Spikes.
~ Parys Harralson.
~ Michael Lewis.

I agree with bold ones. Crabs need playing time with new OC. Takeo can still play but he can sit out some plays though.
Originally posted by skynet907:

lol watch WR are supposed to catch high passes, that is their job. look at any of these elite passers in the league, they rarely throw into the numbers but throw high passes that their receivers catch!. Smith is an average QB, but at least criticize the WR's for not doing their job.

Yeah and consider the fact that the one that bounced off his hands wasn't even high, it was right at his freaking shoulder level and he didn't have to jump at all. That was pretty much a perfectly placed ball and he got stonehands for a sec and messed up.
Lewis looked bad the other day but so did Goldson, i think he was actually worse. Reggie Smith and Taylor Mays need to start. reggie is good but doesnt play enough and mays cant be any worse than lewis, atleast he has the speed to make up for his mistakes, lewis gets roasted and cant catch up.

spikes says he talked to coach to dispell rumors from today that he and lewis would be benched. According to dingleberry those claims are false and as far as spikes was concerned he was going to start on sunday. Coaches words. If dinglenuts goes back on his word and benches him this week then he will definitely not last the year. First he tells the media that raye will not be fired and coach for the remainder of the year then backpedals and fires him the next day. NICE. Then if this happens he has no integrity and is done. Good riddence to you. The lord is waiting.

Who even goes deep on our team? Davis did against the Saints and Smith hit him just fine. Crabtree is too slow to go deep. Anyway I think they should show Goldson the bench. Dude has been downright bad. He has been in the right spot a couple of times but failed to make the play. Not to mention that dumb hit he put on Carlson in week 1.
  • bret
  • Veteran
Who starts is less important than who gets playing time. If Moran Norris does not start but still gets 30 snaps, that's a loss for the offense. If Norris loses snaps but they go to Byham and not Westbrook and Delanie Walker, that's a loss.

Our single biggest problem is lack of team speed! We need to get Ted Ginn healthy and on the field. Taylor Mays may not be ready because, as the coaches tell us, it takes 3 years to learn the safety position in their defense! Ha! Coaches need to ADAPT TO THEIR TALENT!

We've adapted to our LACK of talent! We have no speed in the secondary so we run the "umbrella of deep" (sort of like the "big nickel" except the linebackers stay on the field). This defense tries to cover up the lack of speed with soft coverage and backing the LBs away from the line.

Well guess what, Sing? You've got speed in Taylor Mays and NaVorro Bowman. So get them on the field! My God, the one thing Mays CAN do is play deep! That's all he did at USC! Make HIM the umbrella, and let your corners use their fysicality to play bump and run. Then your ILBs can BE ILBs and your outside guys can RUSH THE PASSER! Geez!
Originally posted by susweel:

for whom? Carr? You replace Smith with another Smith type player who just jolds on to teh ball even longer, and is mobile as much as the Statue of Liberty.

Rather see if the other Smith can do something.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by Shaj:
who I think will get benched is different than who I think SHOULD get benched.

I think we will see the following:

Rachel out, Snyder in
Agree although Baas was so bad yesterday that it was often a question as to whether it was Baas' man or Rachal that was penetrating.
Quote:
Crabtree out, Zeigler in
Eric Mangini was correct. He is a diva. He doesn't read defenses and is afraid of contact. The one pick yesterday was 80% Crabtree. Reggie Wayne or Marques Colston would have gone inside and used their body to shield the defender away from that pass. Both of them would have made that a completed pass.
Quote:
Norris less utilized, Westbrook more utilized
When you have one of the most productive all-round backs in the league and you use him on three plays in three games, something is wrong.
Quote:
Haralson less utilized, Brooks more utilized
ARGGGG. I don't know, Brooks was terrible yesterday. He made mistake after mistake after mistake. Haralson was getting beat physically but at least he was attempting to make the correct move. Brooks was out of position much of the time.

I think (HOPE?) the move of getting rid of Raye will bring some confidence back to the offense, and to the defense as well, and some of these guys will begin to play like the can. This team has slightly above average talent but is playing with no confidence at all right now. The biggest job of the staff will be to sell Johnson as a breath of fresh air that will change the attitude of the players.

LOL just like reggie wayne did in the super bowl when terry porter picked it off? dude crabtree slipped. that play is 50% Smith's fault & 50% Crabtree's fault. Smith didn't have to throw it there. that's the problem with smith. he doesn't look or read the coverages to well, and he always throws the ball assuming the route is ran correctly or that his wr is going to be there. BOO BOO Alex. Crab Slipped and he made a lackluster effort to break the pass up. Was bad on Alex though
Share 49ersWebzone