There are 303 users in the forums

RAYE FIRED

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by TexasNiner84:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by valrod33:
MaioccoCSN

49ers HC Mike Sinlgetary on fired O.C. Jimmy Raye: "I think Jimmy did the best job he possibly could in following what I asked him to do."

WTF?? This makes no sense.

It means that jimmy raye's best, wasn't good enough for us. You guys are looking way too much into what singletary says

bunch of double talk from Singletary. After the game on Sunday, he was still defending Raye, saying he's doing a great job.

TN84 had it right. Basically, Sing was just respectfully saying Raye put forth his best effort but it wasn't enough. Either that, or Sing realized we just needed a change and that Raye wouldn't be able to implement it in the way we would need it. It could be that -- or both.
Originally posted by jreff22:
RT @JasonLaCanfora: 49ers have fired offensive coordinator Jimmy Raye. More upcoming on NFL.com.
Good Riddens Raye. Bu i think they got rid of the wrong person. the should of cut Alex Smith, Not Fire Raye.
Originally posted by carlgo:
The exit interview is a great story and it gets tossed in an old thread...

It is a great story because it really moves Sing's firing up in time. If York didn't know what was going on, he does now! He really has to make a move, it is so obvious. If he doesn't he will be the laughingstock of the entire league, not just local fans.

C'mon York, no more wall punching and showy displays of disappointment. Fire Sing. He is not a good coach, will not be a good coach and every day you delay simply moves the Healing Time back and makes you look indecisive and reflects unfavorably on your ownership skills.

onw more time: the ownership will not pay $7mil for sing to go away.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by valrod33:
MaioccoCSN

49ers HC Mike Sinlgetary on fired O.C. Jimmy Raye: "I think Jimmy did the best job he possibly could in following what I asked him to do."

WTF?? This makes no sense.

It means that jimmy raye's best, wasn't good enough for us. You guys are looking way too much into what singletary says

It also means that Singletary didn't fire him out of choice. His hand was forced.
Bump for Jimmy Raye
Crazy to think he was the 49ers Wide Receiver's coach back in 1977...

the man has alot of History...even with the 9ers.
Jesus Christ I was just watching NFL playbook and they were covering the Chiefs defense from last Sunday's maiming, and wow... THAT PLAYCALLING WAS JUST f**kING BAD. Worst I've seen since even since the Hostler era.

I mean wow... that flea flicker play only had one, repeat ONE active wide receiver (Crabtree) built into the scheme (with 2 blocking TEs), and he's not even the 'type' of WR you'd wanna run on that play! And to add insult to injury there was 2 safeties ready to contain crabs down the seem if it had actually worked!

Here, I drew up a recreation of the exact play Sunday (with the exact personnel/formation)... f**king pathetic... not even Don Coryell would've called up a piece of s**t like this if he were still alive (calling plays) today!

Seriously... f**k YOU, JIMMY RAYE!

Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Jesus Christ I was just watching NFL playbook and they were covering the Chiefs defense from last Sunday's maiming, and wow... THAT PLAYCALLING WAS JUST f**kING BAD. Worst I've seen since even since the Hostler era.

I mean wow... that flea flicker play only had one, repeat ONE active wide receiver (Crabtree) built into the scheme (with 2 blocking TEs), and he's not even the 'type' of WR you'd wanna run on that play! And to add insult to injury there was 2 safeties ready to contain crabs down the seem if it had actually worked!

Here, I drew up a recreation of the exact play Sunday (with the exact personnel/formation)... f**king pathetic... not even Don Coryell would've called up a piece of s**t like this if he were still alive (calling plays) today!

All I can say is -- Only Jimmy Raye. Really. Who in their right mind actually thinks that would work? That crap wouldn't even work on Madden. It's a joke. We hardly EVER did ANYTHING that one could expect to have success a high percentage of the time, and Raye's firing becomes so easily explainable by that very fact.
wow. I'm at a loss for words. This was being called in an NFL game?

Barely.

Wow. Just...wow.

That's an embarrassment. I don't care who your QB is. That's not getting any Ws.
Lol

''2 likes''

I had stream issues so I never saw that play, but that's just sad.

That was Raye's creativity moment of the year.

-9fA
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Hey guys, Jimmy Raye got fired
Share 49ersWebzone