LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 232 users in the forums

RAYE FIRED

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I never blamed Raye for this mess. Most of us knew when he was hired what he was. This blame is all Sing for having a backward mentality about offensive football.

RAYE IS WHO WE THOUGHT HE WAS !!!!
barrows seemed to disagree. referenced seattle.
Not really because I think this team has the talent to compete. It's just getting someone in here to run things.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
That's the man that assassinated our offense.

They always have three names.

i loled

If Sing truly is the one dictating the offense,then , as a Singletary fan, I'm sad to say that he needs to go.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by valrod33:
already posted in the raye fired thread

this

and Raye can't remember his own name
If sing had any backbone he should have quit already the OC was just doing what his boss want it, I have never seen somebody getting fired for doing what his or her boss told them to do, not the I liked our OC.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Raye is an old raisin f**ktard, he threw himself under the bus.
Oh -- H-E-Double Hockey Sticks! Here's one thing I didn't know:

"Raye, 64, began his NFL coaching career in 1977 with the 49ers under Ken Meyers..."

Man -- if you want to talk about the most GOD AWFUL 49er team that ever has been and ever will be -- you go back to that 1977 team under Meyers. We were HORRIBLE. It's the worst 49er team I'd ever seen. I was -- what -- 14 years old? Every single Niner game that year at Candlemistake Park was BLACKED OUT because they couldn't sell out the Stick.

It would all bottom out in 1978 with a 2-14 fiasco -- but that's when a young and brash new owner took charge in Eddie D. -- and he made the coaching call of legend by hiring a man named Bill Walsh....

Perhaps the same thing is happening all over again??? One can hope I suppose...
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by Chief:
Raye is an old raisin f**ktard, he threw himself under the bus.

why are people listening to a guy who can't remember what he had for breakfast

• flow
  • Veteran
Raye's president of the NFL Coaches Association?
Originally posted by HaiGuise:

That's awful! Shame on you!

• Apone
  • Veteran
Originally posted by flow:
Raye's president of the NFL Coaches Association?

That's like saying Dr. kevorkian is the U.S. Surgeon General.
Originally posted by LeadFarmer:
barrows seemed to disagree. referenced seattle.

Yeah kinda hard to say "I only ran the system Coach wanted to Run" when you only Run the ball ~20 times in the whole game but you Passed > 40 times. Seems to me that if Raye was strictly adhering to Sing's philosophy that the numbers would be transposed.

I agree that he's a scapegoat, but he didn't have any imagination in his play calling. If our Receivers ARE giving away out intentions then Sullivan most undoubtedly should be next. I read somewhere that on Run plays one of our Receivers plays close to the ground(Morgan I believe it was) and in Passing Plays he's standing tall and poised to get off the LoS.

I do not know if this is true cause it never dawned on me to look, but if it is that is just bad form and should have been addressed already.

~Ceadder
[ Edited by Ceadderman on Sep 28, 2010 at 12:30 PM ]
  • kem99
  • Veteran
Originally posted by elbolitas49ers:
If sing had any backbone he should have quit already the OC was just doing what his boss want it, I have never seen somebody getting fired for doing what his or her boss told them to do, not the I liked our OC.

Lol...this happens all the time in the NFL. Head Coaches in trouble often fire coordinators and assistant coaches to save their jobs. Its not like the fired assistants were not doing what the HC wanted. Some HC's have been let go because they wouldn't fire some or all of their staff but it is not uncommon for HC's to fire their coordinators when things don't go right. Nolan fired Hostler because he was horrible, not because he didn't do what Nolan asked him to do. He just didn't do it very well in a result oriented league.
Share 49ersWebzone