LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 421 users in the forums

RAYE FIRED

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
wonder if this will buy A.Smith another 3 years on the team. "It's not his fault, it's the 6th OC he's had." OC has NOTHING to do with ball placement.

Ok. Now lets talk about Raye being fired lol.
Originally posted by Ajanke:
Originally posted by SolRebe1:
THANK GOD. Now when I go on lunch break I will f**king enjoy the s**t out of my omelet.

But now people that have faith in Alex will use this as an excuse about why he can still be good. Another coordinator out the door.

Damn, an omelet sounds great after a Jimmy Raye fire. Im gonna eat me on too.

HELL YEA! We should all in celebration eat an omelet!

We could all in celebration watch "Weekend at Bernie's"
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

David Carr clearly approves...

BTW, can we start this guy yet please?

Carr? God no
  • dald1
  • Veteran

atleast he looked good as the giants qb...guna have to give him a shot sooner or later..prob sooner, say when we lose to the falcons
Originally posted by SolRebe1:
THANK GOD. Now when I go on lunch break I will f**king enjoy the s**t out of my omelet.

But now people that have faith in Alex will use this as an excuse about why he can still be good. Another coordinator out the door.

Damn, an omelet sounds great after a Jimmy Raye fire. Im gonna eat me on too.

HELL YEA! We should all in celebration eat an omelet!
Dirty bird omelet!
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
wonder if this will buy A.Smith another 3 years on the team. "It's not his fault, it's the 6th OC he's had." OC has NOTHING to do with ball placement.

I doubt it.
Originally posted by contrarios:
First order of business for new OC Mike Johnson: identify the weak link in the opponent's defense and put on fastest guy on him; create mismatches; you have the fastest tight end in the league, put him in space; use your playmakers; and when they put 8 and 9 in the box, PASS!

can this man be the OC please...
  • dald1
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:

Carr? God no

lets be honest smith hasnt shown anything and if we start out 0-4 its a possibility
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Shaj:
Mike Martz is tearing it up in Chicago, because we fire him and instead go with some uncreative no-name whom we later fire, and with this, Smith nut swingers have another ALEXCUSE® to keep him around beyond this year.

Dont make this thread into that.

If anything this puts Alex on the hot seat even more. This doesnt mean a new playbook is gonna be brought in. From my understanding Johnson comes from the same system as Raye. This jsut means hopefully more creativity and the playbook opening up more.

If Smith continues to stink it up then you can bet that he will be gone especially with Johnson liking Nate Davis

Honestly, I'll forever be a 49er fan but at this point...I'll believe it when I see it. I also don't buy into the "They didn't see eye to eye". Either Sing want's to run more or someone else pulled the plug for Sing.

As for the Alex Smith, I agree with you that it puts him on a hot seat. He has been on the hot seat this entire season. Perform or you're out. I think Sing is at that point also and I highly doubt he will ever get a HC job again.
[ Edited by drake49er on Sep 27, 2010 at 8:32 AM ]
First order of business for new OC Mike Johnson: identify the weak link in the opponent's defense and put on fastest guy on him; create mismatches; you have the fastest tight end in the league, put him in space; use your playmakers; and when they put 8 and 9 in the box, PASS!

At every level of football it is the same, get the ball to your fastest player on the outside edge and look out! The Chiefs killed us with this pee wee game plan why? Because it works, are you listening Mike!

can this man be the OC please...

Thanks but I think I will keep my day job!
Hopefully this means no more Moran Norris as well
We may get ripped for doing it now by the media but it's officially panic mode. There is no sense in doing it later. Good riddance.
  • dald1
  • Veteran

ditto...and hopefully we can actually see westbrook and gore in the same backfield...raye is not smart enough to even create a way for both of them to be in one play together at the same time.

send him out on the raft to China along with old man Raye.

With Raye in charge of that raft where it ends up is anyones guess.
Share 49ersWebzone