There are 141 users in the forums

The past month has been nothing but drama, dont be surprised if ....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
My two guesses:

1 - Snyder replacing Rachal.

2 - Crabtree benched in favor of Ziggy (no, not kidding).
just dont understand how the f**k we could regress after the season we had last year...
im not much of a what if guy but.......

yeah.. just look at mike martz now.

what if..
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
My two guesses:

I believe you are correct in that asumption sir!
  • bret
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FourNine49:

I wonder what the hell is making him so inept to see that Raye is the culprit of the team's failures?

I don't want to downplay the role of Raye - he's TERRIBLE! But the problems go much deeper than that. They go back to Nolan's insistence on players who were docile and submissive. He felt those types would make the best "Team Players". What he got were players without the "edge" necessary to compete.

Secondly, there was Scot McCloughan's insistence on "big" players. Valuing size over speed might made sense 25 years ago, but in today's league, it doesn't cut it. Every coach with a hint of strategic ability has come up with ways to expose this fatal flaw in the make-up of our team!

Now this year Trent Baalke was willing to draft NaVorro Bowman and Kyle Williams along with trading for Ted Ginn (I omit Taylor Mays, because he's a "size" players who just happens to be freakishly fast), so maybe here's light at the end of the tunnel on this "size trumps speed" thinking. But for this season? Sing & Jimmy Raye or no, we're probably screwed!
I just hope he leaves with his reputation intact. If he oversees another stinker, a massacre like this one and the SEA epic, he will leave a failure. I think he's dug in and isn't going anywhere until fired. My initial guess was after game 8, but i sure hope it is sooner...like tomorrow. But someone already pointed out he is too proud. That's what got him into this...that and the complete lack of resume that i questioned when he was named HC, with no experience at anything but LB. And that's the problem. Why do all good coaches come up thru the ranks? Because you have to to learn the trade. He didn't and he isn't HC material. He is killing this team right now. Ques is how much longer. And next time let a pro choose the HC...like baalke. Right now i'd settle for gruden to do a 13 game audition
Originally posted by defenderDX:
just dont understand how the f**k we could regress after the season we had last year...

this is a management and coaching issue, the team got better, the leaders did not.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by defenderDX:

this is a management and coaching issue, the team got better, the leaders did not.

I agree.
Is there something about the favorites tag and this team? Past great 9ers team thrive off it but maybe not this one. Is this team more under the radar? Boy we better get something happening or we could be looking at a No.1 pick for the draft.
Maybe they could bring in an offensive "assistant" like with Hostler and pretend he's just helping Raye a little.
They can't fire a head coach mid-season with no prospects to replace him.
The Yorks have never found a proven coach to help these players and didn't even LOOK FOR ONE WHEN THEY FIRED NOLAN!!!

looks i was righttttttttttttt :)

I am still expecting more changes to come by the end of the week
Originally posted by kelpie70:
My two guesses:

I believe you are correct in that asumption sir!

Well, those may still be tru, but I would never have guessed the Raye firing.
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
by tommorow night we end up hearing
1. sing steps down
2. raye is fired, even though sing says he is not
3. sing is fired
4. we have at least 4 new starters
5. johnson will call our plays
6. crabtee demanding a trade
7. VD getting into a fist fight with another teammate

i swear anything is possible with all this f**king drama. I just have this gut feeling something dramatic and major is happening tommorow, anyone else feeling that too?

You called it. When I was reading this last night, I thought the same thing. Good Call!
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
looks i was righttttttttttttt :)

I am still expecting more changes to come by the end of the week

Well, 1 out of 7, so far!
My two guesses:

why

when crabtree gets the ball he is legit

alex didnt even look his way in the 2nd half
Share 49ersWebzone