LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

Is a monumental collapse possible?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
i can't wait to see hear Sing's presser tomorrow and what develops in these next few days.
2-14 then we draft Jake Locker, fire Sing and Raye, hire Gruden and let him pick his OC. Let the new era begin.
Number one draft pick. Let us make it count this time.
Originally posted by strinersniners:
Number one draft pick. Let us make it count this time.

I don't want Alex Smith number 2
Originally posted by bigmike55:
2-14 then we draft Jake Locker, fire Sing and Raye, hire Gruden and let him pick his OC. Let the new era begin.

Gruden calls his own plays, that's money in the Bank! ..right Jed?!
Okay, look. The collapse is here. I, unfortunately, was at the game today and witnessed first-hand the true beginning of the end of the Sing era.

The players are there. We were completely out-coached today. The Chiefs have a mediocre-at-best roster. Due to quality coaching and an innovative mindset, they have thus far been able to put what talent they have in the best positions for success.

It's obvious that this 9er coaching staff is incapable of properly preparing for a football game, let alone adjusting during said game for what's happening on the field.

The Chiefs literally ran 2 running plays OVER and OVER again, yet there was no adjustment by the defense. There's no desire to set the tempo of a game offensively. And then you have Sing admit he doesn't know what the problem is without watching the film? Any moderately-intelligent fan watching that game knows what's wrong. The coaches lack innovation, are incapable of properly building the gameplan around the talent on the team, and they have seemingly lost the players confidence.

Barring some miraculous turnaround, it's time to start anew. We need a clear-cut top dog for football operations. Let him bring in a new head coach. Let that head coach hire his staff. And look for a promising new young QB. Done right, this team has the talent for a rookie QB to have decent success from the get-go.

Sorry for the rant. This was my 3rd live 9er game. I'm 0-3 as well, having witness 2 Arrowhead blowouts. Just embarrassing.
Originally posted by verb1der:

Make it happen!
  • B650
  • Veteran
i can't wait to see hear Sing's presser tomorrow and what develops in these next few days.

Nothing new...same crap. He's just going to snap at all the reporters and avoid criticism, as if everything he's doing is working. He shouldn't be questioned...after all, we finished an amazing 8-8 last year.

Here, I'll summarize what he's going to say so you don't have to waste your time tomorrow..."I'm not going to talk about the Chiefs. It's behind us. We have to focus on Atlanta. We will not just attempt to fly to Atlanta, we WILL take that plane to Atlanta. We will not just attempt to put on our uniforms, we WILL put on our uniforms. We will not attempt to to beat the Falcons, we WILL beat the Falcons." Now repeat this for the next 12 games.
Originally posted by B650:

Nothing new...same crap. He's just going to snap at all the reporters and avoid criticism, as if everything he's doing is working. He shouldn't be questioned...after all, we finished an amazing 8-8 last year.

Here, I'll summarize what he's going to say so you don't have to waste your time tomorrow..."I'm not going to talk about the Chiefs. It's behind us. We have to focus on Atlanta. We will not just attempt to fly to Atlanta, we WILL take that plane to Atlanta. We will not just attempt to put on our uniforms, we WILL put on our uniforms. We will not attempt to to beat the Falcons, we WILL beat the Falcons." Now repeat this for the next 12 games.

Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Originally posted by WINiner:
Does anyone else see the possibility of the wheels falling completely off, and the Niners having a drastically awful season?

How many times do the players here Sing blame a loss on"execution" before they start getting sick of Sing and the coaches not taking enough accountability?

I hope I'm wrong, but this has the makings of something awful and embarrassing imo.

Let's see....0-4 next week and the way the Eagles have been playing with Vick, 0-5 should put us over the edge.

Come on ObePwnD, thought the faithful can always count on you to be positive. sigh, another fair weather? please say it ain't so.

Originally posted by B650:

Hahahaha, first he will appear at the podium with kook aid stains on his shirt served by his buddy Jimmy.

Gruden has a big price tag, after paying him, there wouldn't be anything left to pay the OC.
Sing is a motivator, he needs both a good DC and OC, and someone to manage clock for him. Manusky is good, Raye is Not. Sing needs to check his EGO and fast forward from 85 to '10 and get a OC who can stay awake, make HT adjustments and show some F$%&ing creativity. Why did we sign Westbrook??? WTF??? Another Crap Season and Sing should be gone.. He will not get any new OC worth a da&^ when he dictates the Offense he wants. Keeping it close, running the same up the middle run, screen passes, over the middle to VD or WR Hooks. It is so predictable, I can look at the formation and call the f^&*ing play from my couch while drinking. The Chiefs D were calling pout the plays pre-snap??? No Shi&!!! We have talent on the offense, maybe not the QB, but there is enough talent to score points, not with Raye and the puppetmaster Sing
The team is actually collapsing and dropping its pants, like Singleplayrayegoreupthemiddlefornogain.

I have been following the team since 1988 and have, of course, never seen anything like this, even in the Nolan era.

Simpletary and Raye have to go now !

After that, let's go Niners !
[ Edited by SwissNiner1255 on Sep 27, 2010 at 1:18 AM ]
Originally posted by nflguy49:
Possibility? It's happening right now. We just got our ass kicked for the 2nd time in three weeks.

0-3 with the Falcons and Eagles up next. It's extremely likely the Niners will soon be 0-5. Considering the high expectations entering the season I would say this is a monumental collapse.

With our present head coach and OC it is very likely that we will be 0-5 or if we get lucky 1-4 , unfortunately 0-5 is more likely. I can see some sort of monumental collapse on the horizon if that happens.

I am so sick of Singletary's down right stubborness to run the damn football when the blocking just doesn't exist and his conservative approach mixed in with unimaginative and uncreative game calling of Raye. I sure liked how creative and aggressive both Seattle and KC's offenses were compared to our dink and dunk futility. I believe Raye is just following Singletary's very own instructions.
[ Edited by 49ERwhiner on Sep 27, 2010 at 1:21 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone