There are 527 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is a monumental collapse possible?

Does anyone else see the possibility of the wheels falling completely off, and the Niners having a drastically awful season?

How many times do the players here Sing blame a loss on"execution" before they start getting sick of Sing and the coaches not taking enough accountability?

I hope I'm wrong, but this has the makings of something awful and embarrassing imo.
Of course it is. The seeds (coaching vs. players executing) have already been planted. Alex Smith is lucky that the defense has played like ass or else there would be some growing tension between the O and D units as well.
Yup. I think that's what will happen.
If we miss the playoffs that's what I hope happens. The last thing we need is more false hope stalling the change that we desperately need.
I think it has the making for an amazing comeback story and the beginning of something special.
Possibility? It's happening right now. We just got our ass kicked for the 2nd time in three weeks.

0-3 with the Falcons and Eagles up next. It's extremely likely the Niners will soon be 0-5. Considering the high expectations entering the season I would say this is a monumental collapse.
Niners seem determined to land a top 3 pick in which to begin their next rebuild with.

Next season to hope for....2015
Looking more probable than possible at this point.
Originally posted by nflguy49:
Possibility? It's happening right now. We just got our ass kicked for the 2nd time in three weeks.

0-3 with the Falcons and Eagles up next. It's extremely likely the Niners will soon be 0-5. Considering the high expectations entering the season I would say this is a monumental collapse.

This
If Singletary doesn't pull his head out of his ass soon! Hell I think we may be watching the collapse right before our eyes!
I would start a list of candidates for our next HC, but you know the Yorks will just hire somebody we never heard of before
Nope. It has already happened.
Yep, too much talent on this team for this crap! Coaches gotta start loosing jobs soon starting at the top...
  • ZRF80
Even if the team were to go 4-12 (or similar record), the chances of Jed York firing Coach Sing are highly unlikely. If anything, he's gonna force Sing to switch OC's, which Sing will do, except he'll run the same philosophy through that said OC.

Which leaves us with 2 options really:

A) Keep Alex Smith, get a new OC who will run Sing's philosophy with a slightly different twist than Raye's, and hope that Alex can execute (which he will not, and then the supporters will make the 7 OCs in 8 years excuse, blah, blah, blah, etc.).

OR

B) Give Alex Smith the boot, get another QB to run Sing's system (which, albeit, may run more efficiently with a capble QB......however, doesnt mesh with this century where teams are adept to playing the vertical pass game and putting up lots of points.

We lose in either scenario, except we have a shot at making the playoffs in scenario B.

In reality, we need to wash out the entire coaching staff along with Smith. Keep the core group of guys in place.......and get a WCO run through Gruden and/or Holmgren. Find a viable QB, even if its a veteran for temporary purposes, while we groom a young draft choice for the future.

This allows the team to have instant success........
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by nflguy49:

This

THIS 2X