LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 206 users in the forums

9-4 is the mission and it is totally achievable!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Originally posted by amir_tn80:
Either you haven't seen the first three games or you seriously need to lay off crack.

I watched the 49ers shoot themselves in the foot in Week 1 while siting in a seat at Qwest. I watched the 49ers shoot themselves in the foot at a bar in Week 2 while barely losing to the Super Bowl champs. And I watched the 49ers get outplayed in Week 3 by what looks like a good Chiefs team. I know we could easily be 2-1 at this point and I don't see any reason to throw in the towel with 14 more weeks left in the season.

Yup, shot in both feet usually means no ticket to the big dance.
Glad to see that not everyone has jumped off the bridge just yet. Yeah things look horrible right now, but the season isn't even close to be over with. After Philly and Atlanta there's 5 soft opponents with 4 of them being home games.
  • Veteran
whatever you say brother.
No way dude......top five draft pick here we come.
  • Mex49
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Glad to see that not everyone has jumped off the bridge just yet. Yeah things look horrible right now, but the season isn't even close to be over with. After Philly and Atlanta there's 5 soft opponents with 4 of them being home games.

Do the math friend. 4 -12 does not get you in playoffs

Exactly. And our competition in the division isn't good. Janikowski is the reason the Cards won today and the 12th Man is the reason the Seahawks won today. Sure, they'll always have the 12th Man, but they're not going to win much on the road.
  • obx49
  • Veteran

That's maybe 4 wins and then what?

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Pass that s**t your smoking this way.
Originally posted by obx49:

I'm still optimistic that 6 games will win the division.

Yes we have talent but so do all other nfl teams, like the rams for example,but the thing is all other teams have a better coaching staff than we do.Thats why its over.Unless some miracle happens and they get different play calling in,and it actually gets executed properly,and they get get disciplined we might only win 4 home games cause we look lost as hell on the road.
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by obx49:

I'm still optimistic that 6 games will win the division.

I wish I could believe but I can't. The problem with your scenario is that we have to win EVERY GAME that we "should" win; home and away. Won't happen. If we had played well in the road losses maybe there would be some hope. But let's face it, we were awful.

Looks to me like we are headed for a coaching change and training another QB. I saw a statistic today that 3% of NFL teams that start the season 0-3 make the playoffs. The immediate future does not look very good.
  • obx49
  • Veteran
A couple of quotes to put this thread in perspective...

Quote:
On the other sideline, the unbeaten Kansas City Chiefs were a team that acted as if they'd been handed a cheat sheet before a final exam. One 49ers source said the Chiefs defense was calling out plays -- often correctly -- before the snap of the ball."

"Chiefs defensive coordinator Romeo Crennel seemed to know exactly what was coming at every turn. A 49ers source said the Chiefs did have a strong idea what the 49ers would call, probably based on the 49ers' personnel group and their formations."

and this...

Quote:
Receiver Michael Crabtree had another quiet game, catching three passes for 37 yards. Asked if he was surprised the 49ers did not turn to a spread attack earlier in the game, Crabtree shrugged. "I play receiver," he said. "I wish I could call the plays, but that's not my job."

Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/#ixzz10fultZhd
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Originally posted by amir_tn80:
Either you haven't seen the first three games or you seriously need to lay off crack.

I watched the 49ers shoot themselves in the foot in Week 1 while siting in a seat at Qwest. I watched the 49ers shoot themselves in the foot at a bar in Week 2 while barely losing to the Super Bowl champs. And I watched the 49ers get outplayed in Week 3 by what looks like a good Chiefs team. I know we could easily be 2-1 at this point and I don't see any reason to throw in the towel with 14 more weeks left in the season.

Playoff teams don't come out completely unprepared on the road. Playoff teams don't turn the ball over 4 times at home. Playoff teams actually make plays on offense and stops on defense. Playoff teams don't start out 0-3. But you keep telling yourself we're still in it as the losses pile up.
Share 49ersWebzone