LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 281 users in the forums

What ONE change would you like to see happen right now?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What ONE change would you like to see happen right now?

I didnt see the benching of Chilo Rachal as an option, so fire Jimmy and promote Mike Johnson to interim OC.
Originally posted by olapac:
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Originally posted by Ninersdeep:
its very obvious that Raye needs to be fired, or at least have his play calling duties taken away.

how many runs up the middle before sing figures this out?

Wasn't it Sing that said we were going to be a run first team? Why is J-Raye getting all the blame for this, I see it as his hand is forced by the HC...

Because it's not just "run-first mentality" that's the problem. It's the types of runs we have.

We don't do any sweeps, no counters, nothing off tackle. It's all dives up the middle, or off-guard. And that's directly on the o-coordinator.

but what if the Head Coach is telling the OC that Frank Gore is going to get ALL the carries unless he gets injured...

I like Gore but the coaching staff obviously doesn't think he can run sweeps and other runs that might require him to be agile.

I think this goes back to Sing just being stubborn, I mean why aren't we sharing EVEN a small part of our carries with Dixon or Westbrook?

I think Raye is forced to adjust his playcalling based on the limitations Sing has put on this team's offensive personal and gameday strategy.
I agree with the shotgun theory,but I know for a fact next week falcons game it will be run up the middle 1st and 2nd down just watch,same crap every game
Raye fired... Promote Rathman... or anyone. Just get Raye the f*ck outta here.
yes I think raye needs to go
We get beat in the coaching department every week. Our ownership has not been able to recruit the right coaches for this football team. I liked Singletary initially, but my patience has worn out.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
its very obvious that Raye needs to be fired, or at least have his play calling duties taken away.

Wasn't it Sing that said we were going to be a run first team? Why is J-Raye getting all the blame for this, I see it as his hand is forced by the HC...

Because it's not just "run-first mentality" that's the problem. It's the types of runs we have.

We don't do any sweeps, no counters, nothing off tackle. It's all dives up the middle, or off-guard. And that's directly on the o-coordinator.

but what if the Head Coach is telling the OC that Frank Gore is going to get ALL the carries unless he gets injured...

I like Gore but the coaching staff obviously doesn't think he can run sweeps and other runs that might require him to be agile.

I think this goes back to Sing just being stubborn, I mean why aren't we sharing EVEN a small part of our carries with Dixon or Westbrook?

I think Raye is forced to adjust his playcalling based on the limitations Sing has put on this team's offensive personal and gameday strategy.

Frank Gore is not the problem here. You don't need to have a blazer in the backfield to run an effective sweep or be a bit more creative in the playcalling for running plays.

If I remember correctly, Frank had over 1600 yards one year, and I don't ever remember him running as many dives then as he does with Raye calling the plays.
Sing and Raye gone right now before they hurt the team more than they already have.
Sing needs to go. If he's shown the door, Raye and Alex are out by default.
Bring back Mooch!

Originally posted by Afrikan:

Exactly...

Sing is the one that has major love for Smash-Mouth football. He's stated sever times that this team is going to be able to run it up the gut. Why would you make a statement like that. Even if it's your plan, don't go and tell the competition that and don't expect the run to be equal successful against all teams.

Let J-Raye game plan a bit. I'm sure a guy with his experience can put together a much more successful game plan tailored to each opponent...
I would like to see one change. I hope Gore tweaks a hammy and it causes him to be out 3 or so games so that Raye gets his head out of his ass and is forced to call different plays or is forced to use different players.

Seriously, Raye! You put Westbrook in for one play at WR and are probably surprised it got sniffed out. Seriously! One play!?

Hmm, Falcons head coach taking notes: Westbrook in = get him.
Originally posted by 190836:
Singletary for sure, he is the one who promotes this offensive and defensive philosophy. He has to go.

I like this
SORRY BUT RAYE NEEDS TO BE GONE BY 2MOROW MORNING!!! 9ERS HAVE TOO MUCH OFFENSIVE TALLENT FOR HIM(RAYE) NOT TO BE ABLE TO MOVE THE BALL OR SCORE POINTS!!! THATS WHY HIS(RAYE) LAST FEW JOBS WERE RUNNING BACKS COACH!
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
if i was jed i'll call simpletary into my office and tell him straight the f**k up you either relive raye of his play calling duties or i'll do it myself. i would have my mind already made up that i will not bring in simpletary next yr and have gruden on speed dial and tell him lets talk business after the season and i'll have an interview set up with harbaugh as well

This.
Share 49ersWebzone