There are 375 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Post Game Analysis (vs. Atlanta Falcons)

Anyone else notice that our run game improved when Snyder replaced Chilo at guard? Adam needs to play, chilo needs to sit.
lost a very winnable game.

I have been losing my mind as a fan watching Alex Leaf for now 5 years and can't see how this team can't find a real QB? Why is it we as fans see it but the ownership can't?Looks like the Rams, yes the Rams have found their man. FML

Dingletary is one of the worst head coaches I have ever seen and Dennis Erikson would do a better job managing this team. WOW I said it Dennis Erikson....s**t! FML

Last rant...Nasty Nate made a great INT and should have just went out but fumbled the season away...This team is plagued with bad luck it is comical.FML
Originally posted by HearstFan:
Besides the anemic offense - the real problem with this team is the defense can't stop teams in the final minutes. This stems entirely from their game philosophy of giving up yards, but stiffening in the red zone. The problem with this philosophy is that at the end of a game, they can't suddenly change modes and stop teams from at least getting into field goal range.

This defensive philosophy is completely ill-matched to a anemic offense. And that is on the coaches for not knowing how to use their team best.

The defense kept us in the lead until the last second. The offense can't score points to help the defense out to save their f**king lives.
Singletary makes Nolan look like an f'ing genius.
Smith sucks, o-line sucks, the skill position players are less than stellar, the d can't stop anyone in crunch time
Originally posted by Lyrcurguz:
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by jeremy300:
You cant blame the QB, no matter how much you dislike him. The Oline lets far to many people in the back field, the WR's are running sloppy, lose routes and falling down because of it.

None of this makes any sense, we have good position coaches on this team, either they all suddenly suck, or dingleberry wont let them do things the right way because its not what he(who knows NOTHING about coaching) wants.

This garbage excuse of a coach is WORSE than Nolan, at least Nolan never had a team with this much talent. We are 0-4, when we should be 4-0 because we got killed by the 2 worse teams, and should have beat the 2 best teams we've played to date.

Until dingleberry is gone, we cant judge this team, because it is stupidly coached........worse ive ever seen

Yeah, the offensive line had Smith throw the ball directly to that linebacker. The offensive line also way overthrew Gore on the tipped pass INT. Give me a break.

both the INT was his (smiths fault) however he led us to a good drive at the end the o line didnt block smith which eventuall led to a punt and game winning drive

i am not defending smith and this is the first loss this season i can say is on him

however i think he acually had the chance to lead us to a bigger lead on the last drive the o line f**ked that up

also nate had a great INT all he had to do was neal or go outo f bounds and we won the game as well

Oh you mean the drive where Smith intentionally grounded us out of FG range? If he sees the blitz he needs to get rid of the ball quick or try to take a short sack and give Nedney a chance at a FG.

Dude hate Alex Smith all you want b/c he has many warts but get your facts straight. He didn't intentionally ground us out of FG range. He was going to take a sack taking us out of FG range regardless of that penalty.

I don't know what the blocking assignment was but that Falcon came untouched up the middle and blew up the play. Gore ran by him but maybe he was supposed to take a quick screen who knows.

Not if he moved up in the pocket to take the sack or tried to run instead of intentional grounding it.

Or he could have thrown a TD pass instead....sarcasm by the way
Sure wish we would have signed Shanahan as our head coach.........no more First time Head coaches........and find a way to draft Andrew Luck, oh wait Sing is doing that
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by jeremy300:
You cant blame the QB, no matter how much you dislike him. The Oline lets far to many people in the back field, the WR's are running sloppy, lose routes and falling down because of it.

None of this makes any sense, we have good position coaches on this team, either they all suddenly suck, or dingleberry wont let them do things the right way because its not what he(who knows NOTHING about coaching) wants.

This garbage excuse of a coach is WORSE than Nolan, at least Nolan never had a team with this much talent. We are 0-4, when we should be 4-0 because we got killed by the 2 worse teams, and should have beat the 2 best teams we've played to date.

Until dingleberry is gone, we cant judge this team, because it is stupidly coached........worse ive ever seen

Yeah, the offensive line had Smith throw the ball directly to that linebacker. The offensive line also way overthrew Gore on the tipped pass INT. Give me a break.

both the INT was his (smiths fault) however he led us to a good drive at the end the o line didnt block smith which eventuall led to a punt and game winning drive

i am not defending smith and this is the first loss this season i can say is on him

however i think he acually had the chance to lead us to a bigger lead on the last drive the o line f**ked that up

also nate had a great INT all he had to do was neal or go outo f bounds and we won the game as well

Oh you mean the drive where Smith intentionally grounded us out of FG range? If he sees the blitz he needs to get rid of the ball quick or try to take a short sack and give Nedney a chance at a FG.

Dude hate Alex Smith all you want b/c he has many warts but get your facts straight. He didn't intentionally ground us out of FG range. He was going to take a sack taking us out of FG range regardless of that penalty.

I don't know what the blocking assignment was but that Falcon came untouched up the middle and blew up the play. Gore ran by him but maybe he was supposed to take a quick screen who knows.

Not if he moved up in the pocket to take the sack or tried to run instead of intentional grounding it.

Or he could have thrown a TD pass instead....sarcasm by the way

What he could have done was throw the ball quickly to the feet of an eligible receiver, he does it enough times throughout a game instead of throwing a good pass you'd think he'd be used to it.
Does anyone ever think about how we passed on Aaron Rogers to pick up this piece of crap Alex Smith???
stick a fork in Alex Smith.
Originally posted by eahudson49:
Does anyone ever think about how we passed on Aaron Rogers to pick up this piece of crap Alex Smith???

You're the first person to ever mention that.
Damnit, were u idiots watching the same game i was, Why are we piling on the coaching staff after a loss that was 100% on the players, if anything your coaching staff did a good job for this game, coaches dont throw it directly to linebackers, coaches dont fumble potential game winning interecptions, all im hearing is singletary this and singletary that. I agree that coach sing should be on the hotseat but anybody who watched the game saw that we were pretty well coached today, and we started a rookie safety who looked pretty good, another testament to our preparation this week. We lost the game because of mistakes made by the players, not the coaching staff.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
we suck, we dont want to win. Thats about it
Defense helped just as much as the offense IMO. TOP was pretty much even actually. But don't get me wrong. I am a huge Alex fan but his 2 int's were huge. I think he played a pretty decent game besides those two passes, thing is, is those two passes were a huge outcome of the game. This seems to be happening every game.

All in all I'm tired of losing. I don't know where to put the blame anymore, but I can't put it solely on Alex. But if benching Alex means we win so be it, what-ever it takes. I'm not going to put blame on one player, but whatever it takes to win needs to happen.
It really hurt to watch this team beat themselves today.