There are 57 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Post Game Analysis (vs. Atlanta Falcons)

Originally posted by jeremy300:
You cant blame the QB, no matter how much you dislike him. The Oline lets far to many people in the back field, the WR's are running sloppy, lose routes and falling down because of it.

None of this makes any sense, we have good position coaches on this team, either they all suddenly suck, or dingleberry wont let them do things the right way because its not what he(who knows NOTHING about coaching) wants.

This garbage excuse of a coach is WORSE than Nolan, at least Nolan never had a team with this much talent. We are 0-4, when we should be 4-0 because we got killed by the 2 worse teams, and should have beat the 2 best teams we've played to date.

Until dingleberry is gone, we cant judge this team, because it is stupidly coached........worse ive ever seen

I don't know about that, jeremy. The offense played well enough today to consistently move the ball throughout the game. Unfortunately three of our long drives were capped off by disastrous decisions by our QB.

I'll grant that there's a ton of room for improvement on both sides of the ball, especially along the O-line, but to my mind it was pretty clear where the weak link in the chain was today.
Originally posted by dirtysouthniner:
You cant blame the QB, no matter how much you dislike him. The Oline lets far to many people in the back field, the WR's are running sloppy, lose routes and falling down because of it.

None of this makes any sense, we have good position coaches on this team, either they all suddenly suck, or dingleberry wont let them do things the right way because its not what he(who knows NOTHING about coaching) wants.

This garbage excuse of a coach is WORSE than Nolan, at least Nolan never had a team with this much talent. We are 0-4, when we should be 4-0 because we got killed by the 2 worse teams, and should have beat the 2 best teams we've played to date.

Until dingleberry is gone, we cant judge this team, because it is stupidly coached........worse ive ever seen

I stopped readying after the first sentence

we really find every single way to loose a game
Originally posted by Lyrcurguz:

Yeah, the offensive line had Smith throw the ball directly to that linebacker. The offensive line also way overthrew Gore on the tipped pass INT. Give me a break.

the bold, yes was the Oline fault, alex got rushed, wanted to run, but they couldn't even keep a small hole open for that. you sound like a guy who's going to argue that with "alex sucks" type s**t, go for it, but watch the game. as far as the LB he threw too, yeah his bad, but every qb misses a LB every year and throws a dumb interception, so im not worried about it, because we have far far worse to worry about.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

Yeah, the offensive line had Smith throw the ball directly to that linebacker. The offensive line also way overthrew Gore on the tipped pass INT. Give me a break.

both the INT was his (smiths fault) however he led us to a good drive at the end the o line didnt block smith which eventuall led to a punt and game winning drive

i am not defending smith and this is the first loss this season i can say is on him

however i think he acually had the chance to lead us to a bigger lead on the last drive the o line f**ked that up

also nate had a great INT all he had to do was neal or go outo f bounds and we won the game as well

Oh you mean the drive where Smith intentionally grounded us out of FG range? If he sees the blitz he needs to get rid of the ball quick or try to take a short sack and give Nedney a chance at a FG.
Alex taking the podium acknowledging the 2 mistakes

At least he is a stand up guy not trying to deflect the blam

Doesn't change the outcome though
Hey lets not forget that Nate clements played well before that huge mistake, he made some key tackles in the backfield and I'd still rather have him in there over spencer or brown, spencer couldnt tackle a high school player and brown gets burned by 4.6 40 wide recievers. This loss was not all bad, but is certainly the most dissapointing of the season imo
Is Westbrook still on our team... I sure can't tell. I know Gore wants the ball every down... but Gore has to understand that the NFL is a consistent 2 or 3 running back game attack. Westbrook is very dynamic and were not even using him, its sad!

Secondary blew this game at the end... We had 2 chances to stop them from getting that field goal.

Alex should be done... I'm ready to see any other QB on the team. Regardless of what anyone says, I don't believe Alex is our best option anymore. The best option is to give another QB a try!

the bold, yes was the Oline fault, alex got rushed, wanted to run, but they couldn't even keep a small hole open for that. you sound like a guy who's going to argue that with "alex sucks" type s**t, go for it, but watch the game. as far as the LB he threw too, yeah his bad, but every qb misses a LB every year and throws a dumb interception, so im not worried about it, because we have far far worse to worry about.

It's pathetic to see people defending obvious mistakes by Alex as the OL's play.

Actually, on the tipped ball he had 2 defenders in his face. Alex shouldve just taken the sack
Originally posted by Envy:
Certainly more improvement from the offence but then I'm not sure that would have been such an exhaustive task. I believe this is the end for Alex. His fault or not he does not provide this team with a platform to win. He doesn't make any other throws that an average QB shouldn't so it begs any question as to why we persist with his brain farts.

Manusky has a shed load to answer for an even though some people where licking his nuts I think he should be worried about his team. His secondary is vacant on man coverage and worst of all they believe their own hype.

I agree. Manusky gets too much of a pass. His play calls are very questionable at times. Why have T.Brown on White in the most critical part of the game? Why put Mays on the HOF Tony G? Why call a three man rush on 3/15 with ATL pinned at the goal line? Manuskys D always gives up the big play and never holds when it matters most. How could he not tell all his D players that if they get an interception they need to fall on the f**king ball?
  • obx49
  • Veteran
I don't know why everyone is so angry, it's as if we didn't expect this, lol. We have the worst QB in the league, the worst coach in the league, the worst ownership in the league, and a bunch of greenhorns making important decisions for the future of this franchise. How could you not know this was coming, it is right there for everyone to see. I'm just surprised it was such a competitive game, thank god for our special teams TD...I guess. Other teams learn how to win we, of course, have learned how to lose with our undisciplined style of football (See Clements, Nate and Smith, Alex.) Am I going to bail on this team, NO, I have too much time and heartache invested in this team. NINER FOR LIFE, but very disappointed.

BTW, I've been a member of the webzone for over 7 years and I have never seen so many locked threads.
There are a lot of good things to take from this game, but the fact is when you are 0-3, moral victory's are not going to cut it.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Go 49ers

Why do all threads talking about firing Singletary get locked? Do the Yorks own this site? Guess I'll have to say it in every other thread then. FIRE SINGLETARY NOW!
Originally posted by CrAnKD4TCRabTree:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Started off great and ended badly. Story of the season.

POSITIVES:

-Mike Johnson will be a good OC.

what makes you think that? We scored 7 points on offense... He made a couple good calls, like that td pass to vd, but we sucked on offense...

Why are people saying Johnson is impressive? He made some good calls but we only had 7 points on offense!

Our offense was playing for time of possession after we had the 2 TD lead. We put the Falcons inside their 5 yard line with a long drive and called on our D to win the game.

We won the T.O.P. for the game by the way

They had 2 ugly turnovers that kept the Falcons in the game

-Bad pass to Gore tipped up. 100% Alex Smith
-Bad luck with LB breaking off man coverage to jump Morgan's route. Partial Alex Smith but this is how many INTs happen. Clements picked Hasselbeck in week 1 because he broke his defensive assignment. This is why the D should keep their eyes on the QB and why I hate watching our CBs turn their backs to the QB when we have a blitz on.

After all those mistakes all our D needed was a stop and we win.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home