LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 227 users in the forums

Post Game Analysis (vs. Atlanta Falcons)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Here is my deep post game analysis.

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

T.Brown should not be our 3rd string CB

Goldson should just be asking not to be cut

Alex is gone next year.

I dont blame Sing for this loss, but coaches of good teams don't go 0-4. Playoffs or he is gone.

MJ is impressive.

Can we fine Nate 1mm dollars for that bone headed play?

I am officially in despair.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Started off great and ended badly. Story of the season.

POSITIVES:

-Mike Johnson will be a good OC.

what makes you think that? We scored 7 points on offense... He made a couple good calls, like that td pass to vd, but we sucked on offense...

Why are people saying Johnson is impressive? He made some good calls but we only had 7 points on offense!
[ Edited by CrAnKD4TCRabTree on Oct 3, 2010 at 1:33 PM ]
fly
I thought that Johnson called a pretty good game, we started to look like the colts with those shotgun draws, however I thought we should have taken advantage and gon with play action earlier in the drive, Alex smith just made some really bad plays, that interception before halftime was huge.
  • Envy
  • Veteran
Certainly more improvement from the offence but then I'm not sure that would have been such an exhaustive task. I believe this is the end for Alex. His fault or not he does not provide this team with a platform to win. He doesn't make any other throws that an average QB shouldn't so it begs any question as to why we persist with his brain farts.

Manusky has a shed load to answer for an even though some people where licking his nuts I think he should be worried about his team. His secondary is vacant on man coverage and worst of all they believe their own hype.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Defense played their hearts out. I was impressed.

Clements screwed up but this game is on Alex Smith. His two Ints and his intentional grounding killed almost every drive pass midfield. Which at worst killed two field goal opportunities.

On the bright side this loss keeps us in the Andrew Luck sweepstakes.
Originally posted by CrAnKD4TCRabTree:

POSITIVES:

what makes you think that? We scored 7 points on offense... He made a couple good calls, like that td pass to vd, but we sucked on offense...

He dramatically changed the game plan, got the ball to our playmakers, and sustained drives. Called great plays on third down. Put us in a position to win.

Then Alex Smith threw that all away.

POSITIVES:

He dramatically changed the game plan, got the ball to our playmakers, and sustained drives. Called great plays on third down. Put us in a position to win.

Then Alex Smith threw that all away.
Originally posted by teeohh:
in the post game conference Sing said that he was excited lol

Excited!?! About what, looking for a new job in January??
Originally posted by teeohh:
in the post game conference Sing said that he was excited lol

Excited!?! About what, looking for a new job in January??

You cant blame the QB, no matter how much you dislike him. The Oline lets far to many people in the back field, the WR's are running sloppy, lose routes and falling down because of it.

None of this makes any sense, we have good position coaches on this team, either they all suddenly suck, or dingleberry wont let them do things the right way because its not what he(who knows NOTHING about coaching) wants.

This garbage excuse of a coach is WORSE than Nolan, at least Nolan never had a team with this much talent. We are 0-4, when we should be 4-0 because we got killed by the 2 worse teams, and should have beat the 2 best teams we've played to date.

Until dingleberry is gone, we cant judge this team, because it is stupidly coached........worse ive ever seen

Well...

Postives:
Taylor Mays, 9-2, 1 TD
Mays + Goldson running around, attacking
2 INTS...turnovers...finally...
Gore, VD making plays
Delanie utilized
3 sacks from our OLBs
Better offensive play-calling
Smith to Crabtree starting to work

Negatives
Alex continues to lose us games with his poor decision-making
We are inept and have found new ways...wait, we are repeating old, dumbass ways of losing games

POSITIVES:

He called the right plays, just bad execution. We have s**tty players, who don't play with their heads. How many times are they going to miss a block. And, how many times is someone going to get provoked into a personal foul. We have no discipline and that comes down to Singletary. He needs to be gone!
I like what I saw from Mike Johnson at OC.

He knew how to attack a D that was clogging the middle. He also setup some 2nd half plays with 1st half play calling. He had multiple clock killing drives that pinned the Falcons deep in their territory. We started inside our 20 multiple times.

The last drive of the game comes to mind. Just stop the Falcons when they start inside their 10 yard line...offense moved the ball and gave you a rest.

He also took his shots down the field.

I would have liked more Westbrook packages but that takes time to implement.
Originally posted by jeremy300:
You cant blame the QB, no matter how much you dislike him. The Oline lets far to many people in the back field, the WR's are running sloppy, lose routes and falling down because of it.

None of this makes any sense, we have good position coaches on this team, either they all suddenly suck, or dingleberry wont let them do things the right way because its not what he(who knows NOTHING about coaching) wants.

This garbage excuse of a coach is WORSE than Nolan, at least Nolan never had a team with this much talent. We are 0-4, when we should be 4-0 because we got killed by the 2 worse teams, and should have beat the 2 best teams we've played to date.

Until dingleberry is gone, we cant judge this team, because it is stupidly coached........worse ive ever seen

Yeah, the offensive line had Smith throw the ball directly to that linebacker. The offensive line also way overthrew Gore on the tipped pass INT. Give me a break.
Share 49ersWebzone