LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 281 users in the forums

Post Game Analysis (vs. Atlanta Falcons)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by qwestlove94:
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by eahudson49:
What we learned about our Niners today:

Our season is indeed over. not really. we have two games against the rams and neither the hawks nor the cards are better than us. the cards got smashed in the dome some weeks ago.
We will not win the NFC West. we will see that the next weeks
Jimmy Raye was not our only issue. think the same
Coach Sing is in over his head. its sad but true
Alex Smith is not NFL ready.
We should've kept Sean Hill and let Alex go. yeah right, the guy with the noodle-arm who was hated by everyone last two years at this board??? i dont buy his performances with the lions, especially when i see that the TEs are his best receivers.
We don't miss Michael Lewis. right
Nate's time is over. i wanna kill him for that crappy fumble.
We're good enough to just come close in some games. yeah, that means we dont need a complete rebuild but some smart additions, especially at CB, in the pass rush and perhaps at QB.
The Niners need to wipe the coaching staff slate clean and start over. give them these 4 weeks until the bye...if they dont get a turnaround (at least three wins because neither of the upcoming opponents are that good), you can fire them, get a new staff which has 2 weeks for preparing to the next game.
Now is the time to start looking at possible HC replacements. see my opinion above
The better Bay Area football team is not in SF. the raiders are solid but not that better.
Our season is indeed over. stop annoying.

Any positive's? Only that all away game Sunday's will now be free for me to do other more constructive things.
if you give up on this team after 4 losses though two of them were very tight and against very good opponents, u are not a true niners-fan...just one of these good-weather pussies.

hell yea, I love my team, F**k all you haters who want to be all negative all the time, Go post on the F**king seahawks board you fairweather fanboys

This.

It's really annoying when you watch a game and are inundated with negative anti team garbage in the comments section. Only thing that could have been worse would be if it was vocal.

I guarantee they'd be pushing the button on my lethal injection next week if they were in the same room with me.

No fan base is worse than ours. Too many people are giving up. Hell even Cubs fans are more supportive than ours.

~Ceadder
[ Edited by Ceadderman on Oct 3, 2010 at 2:29 PM ]
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
AHHAHA guy on Damon Bruce show just said, "Only Shawntae Spencer should be covering Roddy Piper...uh Roddy WHITE!!"

Thats so weird. I didn't see anyone out there with a kilt?
Originally posted by SJniner7:

Our season is indeed over. not really. we have two games against the rams and neither the hawks nor the cards are better than us. the cards got smashed in the dome some weeks ago.
We should've kept Sean Hill and let Alex go. yeah right, the guy with the noodle-arm who was hated by everyone last two years at this board??? i dont buy his performances with the lions, especially when i see that the TEs are his best receivers.
We're good enough to just come close in some games. yeah, that means we dont need a complete rebuild but some smart additions, especially at CB, in the pass rush and perhaps at QB.
The Niners need to wipe the coaching staff slate clean and start over. give them these 4 weeks until the bye...if they dont get a turnaround (at least three wins because neither of the upcoming opponents are that good), you can fire them, get a new staff which has 2 weeks for preparing to the next game.
Now is the time to start looking at possible HC replacements. see my opinion above
The better Bay Area football team is not in SF. the raiders are solid but not that better.

Any positive's? Only that all away game Sunday's will now be free for me to do other more constructive things.
if you give up on this team after 4 losses though two of them were very tight and against very good opponents, u are not a true niners-fan...just one of these good-weather pussies.

hell yea, I love my team, F**k all you haters who want to be all negative all the time, Go post on the F**king seahawks board you fairweather fanboys

Stupid crap like this is irritating. You are probably the same person who leaves at the end of the third quarter to avoid traffic or you may not even go to games. People are frustrated, and rightfully so. We pay for a product and expect good results. It is no different than waiting for 6 months for a movie you wanted to see, and then it is totally dissappointing.

They are still fans, so no need to criticize them when you obviously haven't been around here for very long...

Oh im absolutley dissapointed and rightfully so, but just throwing stuff out there like "the team stinks" or "the coaching stinks" or "the qb stinks" is not helping anything, its only reiterating things that we already know, its football and S**t is not always gonna go our way, and there is not always someone to blame when it doesnt, I'd love the niners even if we doent win a game for the rest of the season,but if I say something about the team I'll give you a valid reason instead of just blurting out heart induced statements that people say when they looked at a boxscore instead of watching what happened on he field. Oh and some of us might be new to this board but certainly not new to defending the 49ers on espn, or nfl.com or foxsports, so get over yourself, I could post a smiley face 1000 times and that would make my name say veteran, does it mean i know any more or less about this team or football, aboslutley the F**k not so that "obviously havent been around here long" comment can be shoved up your a**
Are we as fans supposed to be happy about what the 49ers are doing?

Are we not allowed to be disappointed in the results of our team?

I consider my self an employer of the 49ers. I have season tickets, drive to the games for 3 hours each way, plus I buy items at the concessions. I am not happy with the product that is being put on the field!

When I am not happy with the production of one of my employees, they get a verbal warning to change their behavior. If they do not, then they will eventually get fired.

So, should I just sit by watching this team and cheer for them when they are not performing? They are not worthy of my cheers!

So, just because i don't just blindly go out and say; "It's OK 49ers, you are playing your best, I will be happy no matter what"

What a load of crap!

Just like this team!
The 2010 49ers still feel like a Mike Nolan Football team to me. I posted this a few weeks ago but anything Mike Nolan'esk needs to go. Alex already ended one HC job why would a second keep him around. I love coach Sing, He has the intensity and passion perfect for a HC... in high school or college programs, not the NFL. At season end we will have two and half years of coaching to review and Im sure my feeling will be the same then as it is now, which is bye bye coach Sing. But what has me worried is that Im not sure if Jed has the sack to do what is needed if this team ends the season in the form we are in right now. If we don't make the playoffs (more then probable) we should:

-Fire coach Sing and the entire coaching staff.
-Alex Smith, Nate Clements, Spikes, Chilo, Norris are gone.
-Draft or Trade a QB (I prefer draft but im happy ether way)
-Put up some money and Hire an experienced HC with a history of at least making it to the post season for goodness sake.
-Be sure to remove everything in the organization that was/is associated with Nolan and Sing. Otherwise we are going to turn into the Browns of the new decade.
Originally posted by Ceadderman:

This.

It's really annoying when you watch a game and are inundated with negative anti team garbage in the comments section. Only thing that could have been worse would be if it was vocal.

I guarantee they'd be pushing the button on my lethal injection next week if they were in the same room with me.

No fan base is worse than ours. Too many people are giving up. Hell even Cubs fans are more supportive than ours.

~Ceadder

What do you think the fans in Philadelphia do when they are not happy with the product on the field? You think the 49ers fans are worse than them?

I disagree!
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
Are we as fans supposed to be happy about what the 49ers are doing?

Are we not allowed to be disappointed in the results of our team?

I consider my self an employer of the 49ers. I have season tickets, drive to the games for 3 hours each way, plus I buy items at the concessions. I am not happy with the product that is being put on the field!

When I am not happy with the production of one of my employees, they get a verbal warning to change their behavior. If they do not, then they will eventually get fired.

So, should I just sit by watching this team and cheer for them when they are not performing? They are not worthy of my cheers!

So, just because i don't just blindly go out and say; "It's OK 49ers, you are playing your best, I will be happy no matter what"

What a load of crap!

Just like this team!

Agreed, but we cant go blindly into the other direction either by saying, "our team is the worst team in the history of the league" or something to that effect, I feel like a lot of people just look at the score and our record and say we just suck without giving any reasons or insight to the game. Those fans are people who id rather not ever meet or watch the game in the same room with.

Stupid crap like this is irritating. You are probably the same person who leaves at the end of the third quarter to avoid traffic or you may not even go to games. People are frustrated, and rightfully so. We pay for a product and expect good results. It is no different than waiting for 6 months for a movie you wanted to see, and then it is totally dissappointing.

They are still fans, so no need to criticize them when you obviously haven't been around here for very long...
sorry, but if you give up on your team after 4 weeks, you are not a true fan. would understand it if we were the bills.

for the guys who wanna see smith benched: who should start at his place? car????????? troy? davis?

That's pretty subjective don't you think? Saying Dude leaves game to beat the traffic?

I criticize the people that talk bullcrap about our team WHILE the game is on.

I criticize people for not having a better demeanor regarding the team.

Am I off base saying that New Orleans and Atlanta are SUPPOSED to be better but this team was in both games?

Am I off base for pointing out to the negative nancies that Smith was picked off by a player who jumped the route on the Morgan Pass?

Hell no.

Yeah we lost but going into the game if you thought that we were going to Win or even Compete through all 4 quarters, you are FoS.

I hate that we lost and I hate that it was due to Clements trying to do too much. When he picked off Ryan (in the same way Smith was picked off btw) and got back to the 15, he should have taken it out of bounds. Sing will point out that error in judgement. HELL he could have just taken a knee even and this game would have been ours. But the fact that we were in it is encouraging.

This is why I hate 9er fans right now. If anyone is pathetic or a Loser it's the whiny 9er fan bishing about our GM, Head Coach and QB.

Sh@t happens. You know maybe if people were more supportive this team would play better. But why should they? There is no support only negativity so they're just playing to your expectations.

If you don't get it you'll NEVER get it. And personally I'm done with this stupidity in NT.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:

This.

~Ceadder

What do you think the fans in Philadelphia do when they are not happy with the product on the field? You think the 49ers fans are worse than them?

I disagree!

Philly Fans support their team through ALL 4 Quarters and give the Opposing fans the buisness. Derrrr.

~Ceadder

Originally posted by wysiwyg:
The positive of the game is that Sing got the guys up to play hard.

The problem is that they still shoot themselves in the foot at the worst time. Nate's fumble is a synopsis of this team. But then the D crumbled and let them drive for the FG. If it were just one player, you cut / bench the player.

This s*** is systematic.

At least we are a little closer to blowing it all up. Jed won't be happy with the whole stadium thing still going on. F*** the Yorks.

Eddie D would fire Sing right now. I wasn't expecting to win but I was hoping we would. This loss is just, unbelievable.

Read that first sentence. That is ALL Singltary can do. The rest is like it was with Nolan. He has no idea how to gameplan, or ready for certain situations. Some coaches carry a clipboard, Singltary carries a stopwatch. Whats that tell you. This is ALL you get here. no more no less than maybe 8-8.
Before this game, i believed we could win and I watched every second of it, I was even hoping for a titans -like miracle when we had 2 seconds left at the end
BLY 2.0

Oh im absolutley dissapointed and rightfully so, but just throwing stuff out there like "the team stinks" or "the coaching stinks" or "the qb stinks" is not helping anything, its only reiterating things that we already know, its football and S**t is not always gonna go our way, and there is not always someone to blame when it doesnt, I'd love the niners even if we doent win a game for the rest of the season,but if I say something about the team I'll give you a valid reason instead of just blurting out heart induced statements that people say when they looked at a boxscore instead of watching what happened on he field. Oh and some of us might be new to this board but certainly not new to defending the 49ers on espn, or nfl.com or foxsports, so get over yourself, I could post a smiley face 1000 times and that would make my name say veteran, does it mean i know any more or less about this team or football, aboslutley the F**k not so that "obviously havent been around here long" comment can be shoved up your a**

Your amusing, thanks! Actually, you need to be here for a year before you get veteran, it has nothing to do with posts. Nice try though!

I do apologize for pulling the vet card, but I can honestly say I did not follow this team as closely until I joined the zone. I watched every game, but now it is checking the zone periodically throughout the day (my job has lots of downtime), looking up random stats to refute arguments, and just chatting on here for s**ts and giggles... Why do I say your new? Because you likely did not follow them as closely until you joined the zone.

It is also funny that you say people were not supporting their arguments, when they clearly went into depth as to why they are sooo frustrated with the team right now...

sorry, but if you give up on your team after 4 weeks, you are not a true fan. would understand it if we were the bills.

for the guys who wanna see smith benched: who should start at his place? car????????? troy? davis?

anyone but Smith... he brings nothing to this team. He misses routine passes, soars his passes high, and hits deep passes about 1 of 20 times. He does nothing that an average QB couldn't do. Carr may be average or may be even better, although his delivery is very strange looking...
Share 49ersWebzone