LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 257 users in the forums

Post Game Analysis (vs. Atlanta Falcons)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
All I can say is BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

How long before Niners home games are blacked out locally like Raiders games??
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by Envy:
Certainly more improvement from the offence but then I'm not sure that would have been such an exhaustive task. I believe this is the end for Alex. His fault or not he does not provide this team with a platform to win. He doesn't make any other throws that an average QB shouldn't so it begs any question as to why we persist with his brain farts.

Manusky has a shed load to answer for an even though some people where licking his nuts I think he should be worried about his team. His secondary is vacant on man coverage and worst of all they believe their own hype.

I agree. Manusky gets too much of a pass. His play calls are very questionable at times. Why have T.Brown on White in the most critical part of the game? Why put Mays on the HOF Tony G? Why call a three man rush on 3/15 with ATL pinned at the goal line? Manuskys D always gives up the big play and never holds when it matters most. How could he not tell all his D players that if they get an interception they need to fall on the f**king ball?

Let me remind you the offense went scoreless for over 45 minutes of game. The defense countered that and kept the falcons offense out of the end zone for the entire second half. Those guys played their hearts out with absolutely no help from the O.
[ Edited by Hopper on Oct 3, 2010 at 1:54 PM ]
Originally posted by Lyrcurguz:
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by jeremy300:
You cant blame the QB, no matter how much you dislike him. The Oline lets far to many people in the back field, the WR's are running sloppy, lose routes and falling down because of it.

None of this makes any sense, we have good position coaches on this team, either they all suddenly suck, or dingleberry wont let them do things the right way because its not what he(who knows NOTHING about coaching) wants.

This garbage excuse of a coach is WORSE than Nolan, at least Nolan never had a team with this much talent. We are 0-4, when we should be 4-0 because we got killed by the 2 worse teams, and should have beat the 2 best teams we've played to date.

Until dingleberry is gone, we cant judge this team, because it is stupidly coached........worse ive ever seen

Yeah, the offensive line had Smith throw the ball directly to that linebacker. The offensive line also way overthrew Gore on the tipped pass INT. Give me a break.

both the INT was his (smiths fault) however he led us to a good drive at the end the o line didnt block smith which eventuall led to a punt and game winning drive

i am not defending smith and this is the first loss this season i can say is on him

however i think he acually had the chance to lead us to a bigger lead on the last drive the o line f**ked that up

also nate had a great INT all he had to do was neal or go outo f bounds and we won the game as well

Oh you mean the drive where Smith intentionally grounded us out of FG range? If he sees the blitz he needs to get rid of the ball quick or try to take a short sack and give Nedney a chance at a FG.

Dude hate Alex Smith all you want b/c he has many warts but get your facts straight. He didn't intentionally ground us out of FG range. He was going to take a sack taking us out of FG range regardless of that penalty.

I don't know what the blocking assignment was but that Falcon came untouched up the middle and blew up the play. Gore ran by him but maybe he was supposed to take a quick screen who knows.

Not if he moved up in the pocket to take the sack or tried to run instead of intentional grounding it.

I think Alex played well except for the two big mistakes he had in those INTs. These issues are correctable, but he shouldn't be making these mistakes after 6 years in the league. I still think he can turn it around, but losing my faith rapidly.

Coaching is a huge issue for me. i though the play calling was good, we had more of our big players involved than we have had all season. Still, 7 points on Offense isn't gonna get it done. The Offense went into a play it safe mode way too early. That was the bigger issue, we need to keep our foot on the gas when playing a team like the falcons.

Fundamental football is lacking. Clements is a vet and should know that securing the football is the most important thing. it is a glaring issue that this team makes these mistakes.

Also, I guessed the team would be 1-3 at this point, with three road games and a tough home game against N.O. I thought we would beat Seattle, but lose all others. Next week we probably go 0-5, though i think we play better at home and have a good shot to win
[ Edited by alburns on Oct 3, 2010 at 1:58 PM ]
Originally posted by trevorontario:
Sure wish we would have signed Shanahan as our head coach.........no more First time Head coaches........and find a way to draft Andrew Luck, oh wait Sing is doing that

Exactly my point, did u even watch the game today? if not then please stfu
If we shoulda woulda coulda doesnt make anyone feel any better about wat happened today D**k
Originally posted by qwestlove94:
Damnit, were u idiots watching the same game i was, Why are we piling on the coaching staff after a loss that was 100% on the players, if anything your coaching staff did a good job for this game, coaches dont throw it directly to linebackers, coaches dont fumble potential game winning interecptions, all im hearing is singletary this and singletary that. I agree that coach sing should be on the hotseat but anybody who watched the game saw that we were pretty well coached today, and we started a rookie safety who looked pretty good, another testament to our preparation this week. We lost the game because of mistakes made by the players, not the coaching staff.

Well said.
  • Envy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HearstFan:
Besides the anemic offense - the real problem with this team is the defense can't stop teams in the final minutes. This stems entirely from their game philosophy of giving up yards, but stiffening in the red zone. The problem with this philosophy is that at the end of a game, they can't suddenly change modes and stop teams from at least getting into field goal range.

This defensive philosophy is completely ill-matched to a anemic offense. And that is on the coaches for not knowing how to use their team best.

The defense kept us in the lead until the last second. The offense can't score points to help the defense out to save their f**king lives.

Disagree. The front line perhaps show consistent pressure and the LBs dominate the run but the secondary are woeful at best. They have no man coverage skills and even their double teams leave you ashamed.
Originally posted by alburns:
You cant blame the QB, no matter how much you dislike him. The Oline lets far to many people in the back field, the WR's are running sloppy, lose routes and falling down because of it.

None of this makes any sense, we have good position coaches on this team, either they all suddenly suck, or dingleberry wont let them do things the right way because its not what he(who knows NOTHING about coaching) wants.

This garbage excuse of a coach is WORSE than Nolan, at least Nolan never had a team with this much talent. We are 0-4, when we should be 4-0 because we got killed by the 2 worse teams, and should have beat the 2 best teams we've played to date.

Until dingleberry is gone, we cant judge this team, because it is stupidly coached........worse ive ever seen

Yeah, the offensive line had Smith throw the ball directly to that linebacker. The offensive line also way overthrew Gore on the tipped pass INT. Give me a break.

both the INT was his (smiths fault) however he led us to a good drive at the end the o line didnt block smith which eventuall led to a punt and game winning drive

i am not defending smith and this is the first loss this season i can say is on him

however i think he acually had the chance to lead us to a bigger lead on the last drive the o line f**ked that up

also nate had a great INT all he had to do was neal or go outo f bounds and we won the game as well

Oh you mean the drive where Smith intentionally grounded us out of FG range? If he sees the blitz he needs to get rid of the ball quick or try to take a short sack and give Nedney a chance at a FG.

Dude hate Alex Smith all you want b/c he has many warts but get your facts straight. He didn't intentionally ground us out of FG range. He was going to take a sack taking us out of FG range regardless of that penalty.

I don't know what the blocking assignment was but that Falcon came untouched up the middle and blew up the play. Gore ran by him but maybe he was supposed to take a quick screen who knows.

Not if he moved up in the pocket to take the sack or tried to run instead of intentional grounding it.

I think Alex played well except for the two big mistakes he had in those INTs. These issues are correctable, but he shouldn't be making these mistakes after 6 years in the league. I still think he can turn it around, but losing my faith rapidly.

Coaching is a huge issue for me. i though the play calling was good, we had more of our big players involved than we have had all season. Still, 7 points on Offense isn't gonna get it done. The Offense went into a play it safe mode way too early. That was the bigger issue, we need to keep our foot on the gas when playing a team like the falcons.

LOL@ "losing my faith rapidly" I think you meant to say... slowly. Rapidly, was 3 years ago...
Originally posted by eahudson49:
Does anyone ever think about how we passed on Aaron Rogers to pick up this piece of crap Alex Smith???

No that's has never been mentioned one time here
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by Envy:
Certainly more improvement from the offence but then I'm not sure that would have been such an exhaustive task. I believe this is the end for Alex. His fault or not he does not provide this team with a platform to win. He doesn't make any other throws that an average QB shouldn't so it begs any question as to why we persist with his brain farts.

Manusky has a shed load to answer for an even though some people where licking his nuts I think he should be worried about his team. His secondary is vacant on man coverage and worst of all they believe their own hype.

I agree. Manusky gets too much of a pass. His play calls are very questionable at times. Why have T.Brown on White in the most critical part of the game? Why put Mays on the HOF Tony G? Why call a three man rush on 3/15 with ATL pinned at the goal line? Manuskys D always gives up the big play and never holds when it matters most. How could he not tell all his D players that if they get an interception they need to fall on the f**king ball?

Let me remind you the offense went scoreless for over 45 minutes of game. The defense countered that and kept the falcons offense out of the end zone for the entire second half. Those guys played their hearts out with absolutely no help from the O.

I agree the players played their hearts out. But the staffed called a horrible scheme at the end. T.Brown should never be on a teams number one reciever. Mays shouldn't be on Tony G. We shouldn't be rushing 3 on 3 and 15. Go back and look T.Brown kept geting smoked.
Originally posted by eahudson49:
Does anyone ever think about how we passed on Aaron Rogers to pick up this piece of crap Alex Smith???

You're the first person to ever mention that.

does anyone ever think this has been brought up before

Originally posted by gunslinger8:
Why do all threads talking about firing Singletary get locked? Do the Yorks own this site? Guess I'll have to say it in every other thread then. FIRE SINGLETARY NOW!

No use!
IMHO we should do a "Miami Dolphins" 2008 act. They fired Dameron after the end of the season used the season to find QUALITY people a GM, a footbal czar, a HC.

And now look at them.

I also agree that Alex' time is over. Shame 'cause he's a nice guy not an a*****e, yet what's enough is enough!
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Nuns:
Taylor Mays!!!

(phonetically: Drew Brees! on Sirius commercials)

He made a ton of tackles, and wow what a special teams play. Clements needs some game situation training. He sits down and we win.

We need more players like Taylor Mays on this team.

Truth.
We suck. Plain and simple. Even PWilly looked pretty average out there today...in fact, I think he has all season. It starts at the top. Sing needs to go and so does Smith. No more first time coaches. Gruden and Luck/Locker 2011.

Man, it sure sucks to be a 20 year old 49ers fan like myself. They've been awful for almost as long as I can remember (except for the last bit of the TO and Garcia years)
Alex Smith is worse than Steve Deberg and Tim Rattay.
Dennis Erickson's 2004 team with NO talent on offense was a better offense than we have now-----and it is because of the QB play.
Originally posted by alburns:

No Alex smith did not F**king play well today, that interception before halftime was our chance to go up big, good qbs smell blood in the water in those situations and they capitalize, alex smith always seems to let the other team back in the game with a dumb mistake. Its time to stop with the " alex smith played well, except for" crap, he 's a number 2 qb at best, we need a starter who believes and makes others believe, alex is not that.
Share 49ersWebzone