There are 192 users in the forums

Complete change of expectactions after only 3 weeks

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
At least we're not alone at 0-3 (bills, browns, and Lions)
Originally posted by leolion:
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
I'm expecting a drastic overhaul of our coaching personnel at the end of the season. Goodbye 1985, hello 2011. And I am expecting Baalke to get us another solid draft that includes trading up -- trading EVERYTHING -- for Andrew Luck (please god).

You think they'll have to trade up?

in its current state, not many winnable games when you look at the schedule...nothing like talking draft 3 weeks in...i was finally getting over the loss, then to see the cardinals luck out int heir game, that killed it for me..(live in phx, hate em)
Originally posted by zozell:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Great post I fel the exact same way. It got to the point today where all I could do was just laugh

Right on man. Sucks but it's true. I am not investing one more bit of emotion or stress in this team until they show me they can deserve it.

my best bud said it best , I am numb to losing and until things change we are not going to be a good team.
Originally posted by Baldie:

if you put all of these team on paper who has the better talent or players on paper ?
Originally posted by cNiner:

if you put all of these team on paper who has the better talent or players on paper ?

exactly, 1 word. COACHING
With singletary, my expectations of the team have remained the same. I expect singletary head coached teams to be somewhere between 1-15 to 9-7 (maybe 10-6 if extremely lucky). I believe his teams will never ever win the super bowl because of his old, crappy offensive philosophies.

What changes can the Niners make right now? Do they have a better O coordinator in the house? Can't hurt too much to give the QB coach a shot at it. Quarterback? I'd give Alex a couple of more games, but if he still sucks, then give Carr a shot. If he sucks, then give Nate Davis a shot.
I'm expecting a drastic overhaul of our coaching personnel at the end of the season. Goodbye 1985, hello 2011. And I am expecting Baalke to get us another solid draft that includes trading up -- trading EVERYTHING -- for Andrew Luck (please god).

Not if we don't win a single game this year. But seriously, what good does it do to draft a QB if this coaching staff is the one responsible for developing him?

Since only 3% of all teams starting 0-3 make the playoffs, our off season essentially begins tomorrow. My expectations are as follows:

1. We can't force the York's to sell, so it does no good wishing for it.
2. The York's should, however, force the coaching staff to play ALL of our young players, including Nate Davis, so we get some film on them. Our new coach next year will need to see the film on some of these guys ...
3. Immediately trade Frank Gore to New England for one of their firsts. Or to Green Bay for their first (since they just lost Ryan Grant for the season).
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
I'm giving this 2 more weeks.

2 more weeks and were out of it anyway. everyone drinking the kooolaide about how were in it and the division sucks. Well today everyone won and we lost. Our offence and defensive were exposed. Again. SInce dingleberry will not be fired nor his b..t hole buddy oc then i believe 2 things will happen next sunday. Alex smith has played his last game as a starter and take chilo rachel with him. Watch
0-4 next week at atlanta. 0-5 against phil and possibly 0-6 against the raiders.
The waterbottle will stay full for all you bandwagoners who think this team willl turn it around. Wont happen with this offensive mentality and a rah rah coach.
Steve young said last monday night. Too much star power on offense to have this type of issues. Wheres the identity. Whos going to step up and make this offense gel?
AHhhh noone.
3-13 is gonna be good for us..... 1-15 maybe who cares penn state will have a winning record
Originally posted by cNiner:

I think Detroit has a better team on paper than we do. At least, they have more playmakers (I'd take Jahvid Best and Calvin Johnson over Gore and Crabtree) and a more promising young QB in Stafford.

The Bills and Browns are rebuilding, but each of those teams has a player (Spiller and Cribbs) that can change the game with one play. We don't have a player like that.

Originally posted by midrdan:

Not if we don't win a single game this year. But seriously, what good does it do to draft a QB if this coaching staff is the one responsible for developing him?

Since only 3% of all teams starting 0-3 make the playoffs, our off season essentially begins tomorrow. My expectations are as follows:

2. The York's should, however, force the coaching staff to play ALL of our young players, including Nate Davis, so we get some film on them. Our new coach next year will need to see the film on some of these guys ...
3. Immediately trade Frank Gore to New England for one of their firsts. Or to Green Bay for their first (since they just lost Ryan Grant for the season).

First of all did you read my post? I said the entire coaching staff is gone. And wow, your suggestions are retarded man are you kidding? Trade Frank Gore? If you were our GM I'd lose all faith in anything that was 49ers.
Originally posted by midrdan:

I think the reason some don't want to invest much more emotion is because we knew thesefirst five weeks were going to be tough and expected us to be at least breathing with two wins. Those two wins were supposed to be against Seattle and KC. No more more emotions because we are expecting now to go 0-5.

I will expect 0-5 and hope for this team to have a strong run in the back 11 games similar to the Titans last year. Unfortunately, 0-5 wig this team could cause more than just on the field issues and could cause it to give up.

Let's see how strong the mentality of this team will be after game five.
were looking at a team rendered sub par due to lack of coaching and some key players.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
We should finish 8-8, but we have to sweep the Cardinals, Rams and take the last game against the Seahawks to do it.
Share 49ersWebzone