There are 233 users in the forums

Complete change of expectactions after only 3 weeks

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
And we get to put ourselves through this again next week
Originally posted by NickV:
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
I'm expecting a drastic overhaul of our coaching personnel at the end of the season. Goodbye 1985, hello 2011. And I am expecting Baalke to get us another solid draft that includes trading up -- trading EVERYTHING -- for Andrew Luck (please god).

Anyone on this roster that doesn't wear #52 is available for trade to get the #1 pick.

A first this year and next year or picks with players it doesn't matter.

Or go after McNabb if he doesn't re-sign with Washington.
Add Gore to that list aswell and I agree everyone is can go buy bye
Sadly I didn't consider myself an Alex Smith supporter, just an optimist.

I watched the play-calling and thought to myself, "this isn't all Smith's fault. The playcalling and line are giving him no help!" Well, my tune has changed a bit. I drank the kool-aide.

Smith can still be a competent quarterback in the NFL, but not on this team. Not with these coaches. Not with this track record. Ship him off.

Prime example: Shaun Hill, over in Detroit, has looked clutch in the highlights I've seen. He's airing out the ball, making plays. This is the guy that supposedly was "limited" in San Fran because of his arm. Now all I see are touchdown passes and an accurate, strong arm. Sad, but true.

That tells me it's not the players, but the coaching staff. I'm sick of watching Singletary and his "We've learned a lesson today..." speeches. It's grown old. I think it's safe to say, and we ALL know this, that he has until the bye week to turn it around. If not, give the job to Manusky or someone who understands X's and O's. We will be better off.

Until then, it's gonna be a loooooooong season.
[ Edited by Young9erFAN on Sep 26, 2010 at 3:38 PM ]
get outcoached with good talent 3 weeks in a row, and go backwards in addition by not coaching D on how to stop screens? Fire 'em. Both bigmike(BM) and Jr. Fire 'em now before any more damage is done to this team. BM could get us to here. He can't get us to there. He has done what he could. It is apparent he is in over his head, and today was disgraceful. C'mon jed, do what's right. Cough up the dough, hire gruden and watch this team catch fire. BM and JR...That is a comedy team...and they aren't funny at top jobs in the nfl. Worst coaches HC and OC two yrs in a row. That's a firing offense, nothing more, nothing less.

Look, fans aside, if jed really wants to see this team rot and go to pieces, just keep the same HC and OC, and watch every player on this team have his will broken. You cannot afford to have paid what you did for this great talent and let some pretenders who have no business being in this league, lead us from one disaster to the next. Fire 'em both now and bring in GRuden. Right man for the right team at the right time. NOw we still got a chance. After BM has another BM against atlanta, our season will be done. And you are paying a lot of guys a lot of money jed to let that happen. Clean house now. Fire BM, fire JR, and hire gruden or failing that, fire those two, and let alex and MJ call plays that Bm nor JR understand or even think of. Let manusky run team rest of yr, but stay on as DC, while baalke looks for our first good coach since mooch.

Jed, son, you are going to destroy every ounce of positivity our guys have by keeping two losers around. Get rid of 'em. Clean out their lockers and try for gruden, but if no dice, jsut get BM /JR out of here.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
I'm giving this 2 more weeks.

You're a glutton for punishment -- aren't you?

But in all honesty? I'm worse. I'll tune in to see how bad this team can truly be or how bad the weekly train wreck is.
My expectations are 6-10
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
My expectations are 6-10

HAVE to win 8 of the next 13 to have a CHANCE. The winner in the NFC WEST will be 9-7, maybe 8-8..
To what end? our HC doesn't know his azz from his elbow, and is outcoached by guys 20 yrs younger than he is. He doesn't have a clue...just motivational speaking...which, by the way doesn't work when you don't know jack about HC. BM is like a guy hanging out a shingle saying plumber, and then when you hire him, you find out he doesn't know his business, yet he just installed your bathroom,and now it has to be redone. that is Bm/JR
I was mildly optimistic that they could win today. That hope was dashed. What a letdown after Alabama's great come from behind win yesterday. I guess that only applies to fans of The Crimson Tide. Something is going to have to be done. They can't keep going like this. Or can they?

Well that went to s**t

Originally posted by GoldandGarnet:
You know what? I'm glad another fan feels the exact same way as I do. My family and I just dropped over $700 to go see the 49ers in Charlotte (I live in NC). We bought the tickets, hotel, the whole 9 yards TODAY. This is great. I am disgusted also.

I've been a die hard fan since I was 8. I think I surprised my dad today when I said that I thought that MS, Smith and Jimmy Ray needs to go. Gut'em. Start over. I don't care. Smith is fine as a starter, or would be, until a replacement is found. A decent OC would have had this kid playing better by now, but we really screwed the pooch on this one, didn't we? His fault? Ownership's? Doesn't matter. Jimmy Raye sucks ass, and there is no excuse for how this offense performs week in and week out. And you know what? I WAS on board with Sing, but he gets out coached every week. It's one thing if he made the right hire for OC, but he bungled that cuz he wanted someone who would take orders and their #1 Quality. Sing is stuck in 1985. Jimmy is stuck in....1978? Please.

At this point, I really am going to write this team off until there is a new HC. We have a new Personnel manager and new ownership with Jed taking over.

This is it, you're on the clock Jeb......FIX IT.

I sympathize with you man. My dad and I were planning a whole weekend around the 49ers game. Now, honestly...I'm not even sure what to do. I get a week of vacation and I really want to go but, I'm with the guy who said he just started laughing. I love to watch this team, but today I just sat there....numb, expecting us to fail and I felt so bad for Frank Gore, Willis, And VD. We have a talented team, one of the best in the league. I wish I knew what it would take, but I have no clue...I'm pretty sure everyone in the Organization is thinking....Well, crap....what do we do now?

Can we just hit the reset button and start over?
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Very Good Post! I really bought into the offseason. I thought WoW, same OC for the first time. Singletary did pretty good end of last season. He was motivational, and the players bought into his system. RUN RUN RUN! 3-games into the season at 0-3 and I can honestly say all the offseason hype was BS. I for one defended Raye and Singe because I thought you know what, give a chance. I defended Alex for the fact that he's never had a consistent system. Well I'm going to throw all that out of the window today. Yeah the chiefs are 3-0, but we have the talent to beat any team. Look at would could have been last Monday. I'm not going to blame Alex on this one either. I'm going to blame the coaching on this loss. How are you going to expect to win a game if you run the ball 70% of the time. You run it on 1st and 2nd downs then throw on 3rd. Its soooo predictable. We have no creativity on offense at all. I give kudos for the Chiefs on that 45 yard play. Our offense is BORING! No excitment!

Very Boring + No Creativity + Predictable = 0-3

We have talent on this team, no one can argue that. We just need a Head Coach and OC to use the talents that our players have. We have one of the most explosive TE's in the game, yet we run the ball on 2 of 3 downs. We have a young talented WR core, yet we run the ball 2 of 3 downs. We have QB who can be successful in the spread, and he showed it last year, yet we run the ball 2 of 3 downs. CMON!!!! I'm losing much patience with the coaches right now. I used to buy into Sing's "We'll be a team once we can secure the ball" post game interviews but not anymore. We need a coach who has balls and who has fire. We need an OC who has creativity and explosiveness. Our team is just waiting to release that fiery but thats not going to happen with Sing and Raye calling plays. How many teams do you see successful running the ball 60-70% of the time? NONE! This is a passing league.

I like Manusky, I say keep him. The defense builds off the strenght of the offense and right now, the offense isn't helping the defense. The defense gets the stops, but the offense can't do anything with it.

Oh and AZ, St Louis, and Seattle won today!
[ Edited by Baldie on Sep 26, 2010 at 4:44 PM ]
Even the Rams are better than us! Good job on NOT getting Vick or McNabb or trying to get Pete Carroll. And the Seahwawks just won their second game. The 2010 San Francisco 49ers 0-3!!!! Bill Walsh must be crying in heaven!
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
I'm expecting a drastic overhaul of our coaching personnel at the end of the season. Goodbye 1985, hello 2011. And I am expecting Baalke to get us another solid draft that includes trading up -- trading EVERYTHING -- for Andrew Luck (please god).

You think they'll have to trade up?
Originally posted by 49erAllTheWay:

Well that went to s**t

I'm thinking I was optimistic predicting 1-3.
Share 49ersWebzone