There are 253 users in the forums

What Was Our Gameplan?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Jiks
This is not a hater thread. Well I'm sure it will soon be one with the maturity around these parts, but what was our gameplan coming in? It seems we didn't even have one, either that or we bailed on it after the first drive. We're not running the ball, we're using trick plays, our defense is getting slaughtered on screens and in the run.. To me it just seems like we are unprepared to face certain teams. It just seems our we don't even have a gameplan we are following, and if we are it's a bad gameplan. I don't know, I noticed this last year. Then we played the SeaHawks, were doing pretty good at the beginning but then got out of what was working. Saints game we stuck with it. Got the run game going, and opened up the field. Today we can't do much of anything right thus far. Can't block, can't hit our passes, can't run, can't stop the run, can't stop the screen, nearly getting beat on special teams a couple times.

I don't know. I like Singletary and everything he brings, but am starting to question his ability to manage games and gameplan against his opponent. It just seems like teams have our number and know what we are going to do. As said I'm not trying to be a hater, but just voicing my opinion on this dismal first half.

Also anyone notice how much Willis is dropping way back into coverage? I don't understand that either. It's Matt Cassell not an Brees or Rodgers. Just seems like he should be playing the run and playing his game, instead of dropping back.
to pad andy lee's stats!!!
I dunno we came out knocking Cassel on his ass, then we dropped back and got screen passed to death. I don't know why we didn't just stay with that was working.
none we are ttally unprepared

our playcallinig sucks this game i wish we had the MNF playcalling that was at least good
The gameplan is ALWAYS the same. Doesn't matter who they play, where they play at. Here's the gameplan........Run up the middle, run up the middle, run up the middle.
  • A-R-S
  • Veteran
The 49ers don't have gameplans. The 49ers hit people in the mouf.
Get behind early and pretend we have comeback potential.
Jimmy Raye's game plan:

Stay awake
Don't mumble
Run 1st and 2rnd down
Throw short on 3rd down
Walk down at halftime before halftime is up
Walk down at the end of the game and dont miss the bus.
Originally posted by A-R-S:

FREAKING CLASSIC BRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Jimmy Raye's game plan:

Stay awake
Don't mumble
Run 1st and 2rnd down
Throw short on 3rd down

What's a gameplan
Originally posted by A-R-S:

Or in the ribs and wind up with a 15 yard penalty to kill a drive!
He said it during halftime. Run. Run. Run.
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Jimmy Raye's game plan:

Stay awake
Don't mumble
Run 1st and 2rnd down
Throw short on 3rd down

THAT MIGHT BE TO COMPLEX A PLAN FOR RAYE!
run up the gut.
run up the gut.

choose a terrible pass play.

expect alex to make something out of nothing.
Share 49ersWebzone