There are 65 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

ESPN: "Audibles" just talked about our 49ers

Did anyone else see it? It would take me too long to write out. It's a viewer Q & A type show with Steve Young, Trent Dilfer, Keyshawn Johnson, and Coach Herman Edwards replying to viewer submitted Twitter questions.

The question was, "Is HC Mike Singletary on the hot seat?"

Keyshawn said it may be warm, but that Singletary should be ok. They said the problem that this team is built in Singletary's '85 Bears image. Tough, physical, run the ball, and have a great defense. They think he is the only one who can make that style work. If we bring in another coach we would have to retool. Trent and Steve said that we have a good defense, but not great. They mentioned how we didn't stop Drew Brees with 1:19 remaining in the game on MNF.

Steve Young said we have a ton of talent on offense, (right up there with the rest of the league) but in his words we have to "unlock it". Then Coach Edwards said you pay a QB to do 3 things in the NFL: In the redzone, convert 3rd downs, and run a 2 minute offense. He added that Alex looked good on Monday Night Football doing just that.
[ Edited by PTulini on Sep 24, 2010 at 5:36 PM ]
Didn't get to see it. What/who did they talk about?
weeeeee
Steve just repeated what he said after the Monday night game. We have a great offense team on par with the Saints and we need to start unleashing it.
I am finding this show very entertaining Steve Young, Trent Dilfer, & Herm Edwards are very knowledgeable.
Dilfer doesnt think our defense is as good as people say.
Steve says we have one of the most talented offenses in the NFL but somehow don't show it on the field.
Originally posted by Sjceruti:
Steve says we have one of the most talented offenses in the NFL but somehow don't show it on the field.

LOL. That's a bad sign if true.
Originally posted by epdavis:
I am finding this show very entertaining Steve Young, Trent Dilfer, & Herm Edwards are very knowledgeable.

I guess it's supposed to compete with NFL Total Access. It's looking like a good show.

Dilfer said we have a good D not a great one which I agree with but the thing is I don't know many people who think we have a great D anyway a lot people think we have the potential to be a great d with a few more pieces.
Then Herb comes in and says ....

Oh boy, I don't like having Herm Edwards' seal of approval. Why does ESPN think people want to listen to the likes of Edwards, Millen, etc.? These guys are proven losers at their craft.

Dilfer said we have a good D not a great one which I agree with but the thing is I don't know many people who think we have a great D anyway a lot people think we have the potential to be a great d with a few more pieces.

agreed, a great d doesnt let the opposing offense march down the field easily after your offense gets a td and especially when you need a clutch stop with the game on the line
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

agreed, a great d doesnt let the opposing offense march down the field easily after your offense gets a td and especially when you need a clutch stop with the game on the line

It was down to a pass that Brees just threw out there on 3rd down and hoped the WR makes the catch which almost was broken up by Dashon.

if it was incomplete, then ....
Originally posted by PTulini:
Did anyone else see it? It would take me too long to write out. It's a viewer Q & A type show with Steve Young, Trent Dilfer, Keyshawn Johnson, and Coach Herman Edwards replying to viewer submitted Twitter questions.

The question was, "Is HC Mike Singletary on the hot seat?"

Keyshawn said it may be warm, but that Singletary should be ok. They said the problem that this team is built in Singletary's '85 Bears image. Tough, physical, run the ball, and have a great defense. They think he is the only one who can make that style work. If we bring in another coach we would have to retool. Trent and Steve said that we have a good defense, but not great. They mentioned how we didn't stop Drew Brees with 1:19 remaining in the game on MNF.

Steve Young said we have a ton of talent on offense, (right up there with the rest of the league) but in his words we have to "unlock it". Then Coach Edwards said you pay a QB to do 3 things in the NFL: Lead the team, convert 3rd downs, and run a 2 minute offense. He added that Alex looked good on Monday Night Football doing just that.

Correction: The 3 things Herm Edwards said you pay QB's for were redzone, 3rd downs and 2 min drill. But unless I heard the conversation wrong, he was s**ttin on Alex and thats why he wasnt being paid like a top QB even though he had a good game, hes been up and down and he metioned that... Dilfer was adiment about our D not being great.. Just built up in the media tobe great.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

I have to agree, we have a good D, not great. We are missing a big play Safety, shutdown CB and a pass rusher. Sure we've got pass rushers, but they're hidden on the bench and nobody notices them. But I believe this D can be top 10, don't know about top 5.