There are 134 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Michael Crabtree. Season long Sophmore Slump or will he snap out of it?

Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
He was overrated by most of us going into the season and now everyone is prematurely trying to kill him off.

He'll get back to the 4-7 catch 50-70 yard games very soon. Just don't look for him to be a 1,000 yard receiver. He's the third option in our offense (Gore, Davis).

he can change that very soon if he shows he can get open and be trusted to run the right route and catch the ball.

No he will be the third option regardless of how he plays. It's Singletary's and Raye's philosophy. Raye's had 2 1000 yard receivers his entire career. We haven't had a 1,000 yard receiver since TO.

i think theyll go into more of a passing mode if alex continues his development but i think Morgan is alex's 1st option as far as WRs go right now.

He was Monday, but I don't think it will last. Tracy Porter is a d*mn good corner and if you're having communications problems between receiver and QB he's the last guy you want to force the ball too.

People diss Crabtree's speed but he's the more downfield threat compared to Morgan. As we go for bigger chunks look for Crabtree to be called upon more.

i dont buy into all that crabtrees slow bulls**t. in school he wasnt getting caught from behind much. u dont score 41 TDs in two years and have as many yards as he did when your slow. i think he will snap out of it soon but he needs to prove hes trust worthy in the passing game
Crab will be fine he's maturing and he's young but he's got good company around him I got your back crab just go play ball & money will come flying your way (go niners) 11-5 for 2010 niners defeat bengals in SB they remember us
he's gonna be fine. you guys overreact to everything.
Originally posted by crzy:
Throw him the ball and he will catch more balls it's very simple.

This. Alex isn't really looking his way. He seems to only throw to Crabtree if there is no other option. Last season we had plays where we would design them to specifically get the ball to Crabtree. I can't remember seeing one yet this season. Even the little screen passes to him are now going to Morgan and Delanie Walker.
I think he will be alright but you also got to look he is not the only weapon we got..we got top 5 runnin back top 5 tight end so yeah he has been open alex just hasnt seen him...
He was overrated by most of us going into the season and now everyone is prematurely trying to kill him off.

He'll get back to the 4-7 catch 50-70 yard games very soon. Just don't look for him to be a 1,000 yard receiver. He's the third option in our offense (Gore, Davis).

Guy got 625 yards in 11 games started in his rookie season with no pre-season or TC. He will be pulling in 1,000 yard seasons.
I think some of you are making way too much of this...the fact is, Crabtree didn't take a snap in preseason...and it shows. He looked better in the Saints game...he would've had two nice catches, but he slipped and still darn near made the grab. Alex will look for him more when he gets in his groove. Morgan's been the steadiest WR because he had enough snaps in preseason. It's really that simple...
Originally posted by English:

Guy got 625 yards in 11 games started in his rookie season with no pre-season or TC. He will be pulling in 1,000 yard seasons.

Not on this offense, not right now at least. Unless Alex becomes a 4,000 yard QB you can't expect your secondary receiving targert to be pulling in 1,000 yard guys.

Not on this offense, not right now at least. Unless Alex becomes a 4,000 yard QB you can't expect your secondary receiving targert to be pulling in 1,000 yard guys.

Its only 62 a game its not really that far fetched for him to reach a 1000yds and yes I am aware of his slow start

He wont be the secondary receiving target.

The passing attack revolves around Vernon. I don't see that changing anytime soon.

The passing attack revolves around Vernon. I don't see that changing anytime soon.

We are going to have to agree to differ on this, because I do.
Crabs will begin to make an impact, coming off the neck injury, he'll be back
before you know it... Let's see what he does against KC...
Originally posted by Ajanke:
Originally posted by crzy:
Throw him the ball and he will catch more balls it's very simple.

This. Alex isn't really looking his way. He seems to only throw to Crabtree if there is no other option. Last season we had plays where we would design them to specifically get the ball to Crabtree. I can't remember seeing one yet this season. Even the little screen passes to him are now going to Morgan and Delanie Walker.

They are rewarding the guys who came in and worked there butts off. Last year they catered to Crabtree once he signed. This year it's a different story. they giving the opportunities to the guys who worked harder.
  • Mex49
You are talking about Jimmy Raye right?

Crabtree, as good as he is, doesn't call is own number.