LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 304 users in the forums

Michael Crabtree. Season long Sophmore Slump or will he snap out of it?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by HERN:
at the rate that alex smith is passing the ball to crabtree he should manage to atleast have 16 catches for 200 yards. i think everyone is overreacting to crabtrees first game cuz theres not much you can say about the saints game he only got the ball thrown his way 2 times and one was a batted ball that was intercepted, i GURANTEEEEEEE crabtree is a BEAST waiting to be unleashed

3 imes

he had a curl route and dropped the ball

It wasn't that bad. He slipped. Overall even though Crabtree didn't get the ball a lot, he played much better than in the game against the Seahawks, making crucial blocks for example.
Originally posted by fastforward:
at the rate that alex smith is passing the ball to crabtree he should manage to atleast have 16 catches for 200 yards. i think everyone is overreacting to crabtrees first game cuz theres not much you can say about the saints game he only got the ball thrown his way 2 times and one was a batted ball that was intercepted, i GURANTEEEEEEE crabtree is a BEAST waiting to be unleashed

3 imes

It wasn't that bad. He slipped. Overall even though Crabtree didn't get the ball a lot, he played much better than in the game against the Seahawks, making crucial blocks for example.

definitally

he was miles ahead of what he was in the seahwaks game and i think he will break out within the next 2 games (3-4 games in total) preseason anyone?
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
He cant be successful unless Alex looks his was to throw him the damn ball!
Originally posted by fastforward:

3 imes

Absolutely! I'm not sure how many other people noticed but Crabtree continuously hustled to the pile to pick up the ball career and line men. He mad some key blocks and generally looked like he was trying to make a point that he's a part of this team and cares for the others success.
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:
Crabtree is the best WR to come out since Calvin Johnson, he will be fine..

The bigggggg difference is last year we looked his way early and often right from his first start vs Houston..

game 1 v.s SEA: 2rec 12yds ; was a freak game, no one really got going on offense beside Davis putting up decent yards and Delanie having a nice first couple drives..

game 2 vs NO: 1rec 32yds ; was targeted 3 times.. the nice long one where he made a difficullt in stride catch with his hands and made a shifty move after and almost broke loose.. the second one he slipped, had the catch but dropped it.. the last one was gonna go for atleast 8yds but was tipped and picked..

There are 14 games left and Crabtree will get it going soooon..
prediction : 70rec 1004yds 6td , i was expecting over 80rec and 8td before the start..

Wow I think he will be good but I wouldn't put him in the Calvin Johnson category at all. CJ is 6'5" 240 lbs. and runs a 4.3. He's a beast. Crabtree has good hands and runs good routes but he's nowhere near that.
Who cares, next years WR draft class is huge.
Crabs is slower than the post office...which is a problem....
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
crabs will be fine. or i'll blow all of you.

fkn spit my drink...lol u crazy homie.

so long as this team can get a rythm with the line gellin and alex fielding like last mnf, the ball will find it's way to him. don't see a reason we can't end up playin like 07/08 bolts...confidently have our own lt, gates, jackson, and chambers on this roster. think our d is even better. if there's a slump it's due to lack on sync from missin exhibition.
[ Edited by craigyboy on Sep 22, 2010 at 9:04 PM ]
The QB has seen as many or more bad things happen this year when he targets Michael than good things( 2 catches 2 ints). We need for Crabs to make some things happen in a big way this Sunday. Run the crisp route and when the ball comes your way get it in your hands like your future depended on it . The other targets Morgan ,Davis , Gore go get the ball with passion ...thats what we all need from Michael and that is PASSION. Show the world you care !! Do it in KC , because we need you to and if it does not happen now ....we've all seen how these things can snowball the wrong way . Turn it around and turn it on ...and get your stature back up where it should be ... we need it and we need it SOON . Time to be a star Mr. Crabtree !!!
Crabtree will snap out of it very soon. he played well against the saints. theyre gonna need him against the chiefs and definitely against ATL because that lookds to be a shootout.

He was overrated by most of us going into the season and now everyone is prematurely trying to kill him off.

He'll get back to the 4-7 catch 50-70 yard games very soon. Just don't look for him to be a 1,000 yard receiver. He's the third option in our offense (Gore, Davis).
Originally posted by tjd808185:
He was overrated by most of us going into the season and now everyone is prematurely trying to kill him off.

He'll get back to the 4-7 catch 50-70 yard games very soon. Just don't look for him to be a 1,000 yard receiver. He's the third option in our offense (Gore, Davis).

he can change that very soon if he shows he can get open and be trusted to run the right route and catch the ball.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

he can change that very soon if he shows he can get open and be trusted to run the right route and catch the ball.

No he will be the third option regardless of how he plays. It's Singletary's and Raye's philosophy. Raye's had 2 1000 yard receivers his entire career. We haven't had a 1,000 yard receiver since TO.

No he will be the third option regardless of how he plays. It's Singletary's and Raye's philosophy. Raye's had 2 1000 yard receivers his entire career. We haven't had a 1,000 yard receiver since TO.

i think theyll go into more of a passing mode if alex continues his development but i think Morgan is alex's 1st option as far as WRs go right now.

i think theyll go into more of a passing mode if alex continues his development but i think Morgan is alex's 1st option as far as WRs go right now.

He was Monday, but I don't think it will last. Tracy Porter is a d*mn good corner and if you're having communications problems between receiver and QB he's the last guy you want to force the ball too.

People diss Crabtree's speed but he's the more downfield threat compared to Morgan. As we go for bigger chunks look for Crabtree to be called upon more.
Share 49ersWebzone