LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 222 users in the forums

Lets take a vote. San Francisco Vs. Kansas City. W or L?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Lets take a vote. San Francisco Vs. Kansas City. W or L?

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Originally posted by juycho:

Kansas City 44

San Francisco 3

History shows that pretty much all the Nolan/Singletary teams completely lose their minds after a "moral victories" like this one. Kansas City is going to play the 49ers like it's the f**king Super Bowl and not a single one of our guys will ever realize what hit them.

Hey its not like I WANT the 49ers to lose. That s**t takes five years off my life every weekend. I'm just calling it the way I see it. If the 2010 49ers want to make a REAL statement about who they are this season, then this is a game that they must win.

Mentally, I'm just not sure they're there yet....or if they will ever be....under a coaching staff that has Mike Nolan's "legacy" written all over it. If they pull this thing out at Arrowhead, consider me VERY impressed.

you dont know much about the niners if ur suggesting our O and D are worse than the browns

In Arrowhead Stadium, anything goes. Just ask Phillip Rivers.
KC...

We historically, can not beat the Chief's (the Joe Montana curse), we're coming in off a very short week (not good for our coaching staff), we had an emotionally draining loss, WE SUCK ON THE ROAD, this place is even louder then Seattle, we never did fix the communication issues on either offense or defense (though Alex appeared to brush them off and call his own plays off his wrist band), etc. I'm not confident in any way that Raye can game plan to start a game and exploit weaknesses or make in-game/half-time adjustments. We also tend to shoot ourselves in the foot right out of the gate more often then not and find very creative ways to lose (losing culture).

All that said, IF and it's a BIG IF, our line and Alex did grow up last game, we have a shot to win inspite of our coaching staff. Man, I hope this is the case!

[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 22, 2010 at 12:44:00 ]
Originally posted by NCommand:
KC...

We historically, can not beat the Chief's (the Joe Montana curse), we're coming in off a very short week (not good for our coaching staff), we had an emotionally draining loss, WE SUCK ON THE ROAD, this place is even louder then Seattle, we never did fix the communication issues on either offense or defense (though Alex appeared to brush them off and call his own plays off his wrist band), etc. I'm not confident in any way that Raye can game plan to start a game and exploit weaknesses or make in-game/half-time adjustments. We also tend to shoot ourselves in the foot right out of the gate more often then not and find very creative ways to lose (losing culture).

All that said, IF and it's a BIG IF, our line and Alex did grow up last game, we have a shot to win inspite of our coaching staff. Man, I hope this is the case!

You are kidding right?
If we come out prepared like we did against the Saints on Monday Night, we should easily win this game. The Chiefs are a solid team that is building and getting better, but right now we are a much better team with a lot more talent. That being said, we CAN NOT beat ourselves with all those stupid ass mistakes and turnovers. We are also very capable of coming out and playing like we did against the seahawks and getting our asses kicked. If we play our game and the ball doesn't bounce against us this game, we should win this game hands down. This team just needs to establish some consistency and come out fired up and prepared every week.
mattbarrows
Vernon Davis guarantees win vs. Chiefs. Of course, he said he thought the 49ers were better than Saints, too ...
Originally posted by jreff22:
mattbarrows
Vernon Davis guarantees win vs. Chiefs. Of course, he said he thought the 49ers were better than Saints, too ...

Not again.
He's only one player.
I'm going to keep picking loss until they actually win a game.

I am not all that confident about this Sunday because this team does not play well on the road.

Except for Arizona -- for some strange, mystical -- reason.

Willis will ripping to kansas city must a ghost!

Give me a Win mofo!!
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Win.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by juycho:

Kansas City 44

San Francisco 3

History shows that pretty much all the Nolan/Singletary teams completely lose their minds after a "moral victories" like this one. Kansas City is going to play the 49ers like it's the f**king Super Bowl and not a single one of our guys will ever realize what hit them.

Hey its not like I WANT the 49ers to lose. That s**t takes five years off my life every weekend. I'm just calling it the way I see it. If the 2010 49ers want to make a REAL statement about who they are this season, then this is a game that they must win.

Mentally, I'm just not sure they're there yet....or if they will ever be....under a coaching staff that has Mike Nolan's "legacy" written all over it. If they pull this thing out at Arrowhead, consider me VERY impressed.

you dont know much about the niners if ur suggesting our O and D are worse than the browns

In Arrowhead Stadium, anything goes. Just ask Phillip Rivers.

I don't think Cassel has ever come close to 44 pts with the Chiefs.

Both teams will lean heavily on the run. Defense will win this game for the 49ers.

Sorry, but I have a bad feeling about this game.

1) 0-2 road team versus 2-0 home team.
2) Short week for the Niners.
3) Big emotional game against the Saints, which usually is followed by a flat, letdown game.
4) The Chiefs own us at Arrowhead.

Historically, this is not a good set of circumstances for the Niners, even if they are the more talented team.

I'd lay money on the Chiefs in this matchup.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Sep 22, 2010 at 8:18 PM ]
I voted L
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Sorry, but I have a bad feeling about this game.

1) 0-2 road team versus 2-0 home team.
2) Short week for the Niners.
3) Big emotional game against the Saints, which usually is followed by a flat, letdown game.

Historically, this is not a good set of circumstances for the Niners, even if they are the more talented team.

I'd lay money on the Chiefs in this matchup.

They have to win this game. Next week they play at Atlanta. If we lose this week - we're staring at 0-4 record and possibly end of our dreams of winning the West. I think players will take the positives from this Monday and have a good game. This is just as emotional game for the Niners as this last week.
Originally posted by valrod33:
KC...

You are kidding right?

Not at all...Alex calls his own plays in the 2-minute drill (=TD) and if you re-watch the game, there were several times Alex was pissed off, motioning to the sideline to "Come on!" with getting the play in. It seemed like he still had to look at his wristband several times throughout the game too. One communication play cost us 5 critical yards and we ended up being short by one yard = punt. Defense was just as bad once TKO went out.
Originally posted by valrod33:
KC...

You are kidding right?

Not at all...Alex calls his own plays in the 2-minute drill (=TD) and if you re-watch the game, there were several times Alex was pissed off, motioning to the sideline to "Come on!" with getting the play in. It seemed like he still had to look at his wristband several times throughout the game too. One communication play cost us 5 critical yards and we ended up being short by one yard = punt. Defense was just as bad once TKO went out.

The clock stopped on the "2 minute drill" on pretty much every play (every play?) giving Raye enough time to get the calls in .Also, did you even see that game? Raye called a great game.

Pretend it was Alex all you want. I know haters really don't like to be wrong after spending all week slamming the coaching staff, but you're wrong.
Share 49ersWebzone